Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

is this universal?

M15TER P1NK

Aug 29, 2007, 5:15 PM
This is a phone we all carry so i was wondering if this is a universal thing among all carriers...

do you get more razrs coming in with water damage than any other phone? cuz i sure do.

i wonder if its a commentary on the intelligence of the people that buy razrs... i bet it is...
Gemini

Aug 29, 2007, 5:19 PM
Um. I do get them, but I think you also have to take into consideration (at least for my comp) that the Razr is the most popular phone we sell, so the likelihood that that's the phone they bring in is higher.

I don't necessarily think they are more susceptible then your average phone.
craptacularwireless

Aug 29, 2007, 5:43 PM
He's talking about the Razr consumer, not the actual product.
M15TER P1NK

Aug 29, 2007, 5:47 PM
correct... and i sell almost no razrs... cuz theyre crap...
frankiewawa

Aug 29, 2007, 5:49 PM
yeah i try to steer people clear of razrs. they suck hardcore. and almost always come back with problems and people bitching that they suck...
krickt

Aug 30, 2007, 9:53 AM
It must be a GSM thing. The only way we ever see them is after they've been wet, or crushed into smitherines, or otherwise customer abused. I've only sent in 10 to repair, and I've sold almost 300 this year. Now, KRZR's are another story. They have a repair rate of almost 25% right now. (At my store, I don't have stats for anywhere else)
d3ity

Aug 30, 2007, 10:03 AM
Nope, the CDMA razrs blow as well.

They're all junk. I haven't sold one of them since I started working for vzw and I intend to keep it that way.
Gemini

Aug 30, 2007, 10:05 AM
Hmmm...I'm gonna have to say you're opinion is just that, yours. Because I completely agree with Krickt. And my experiences with the Razr draw from both the corporate and agent locations. I myself have also owned a razr, to have no problems with it.
USCELLGIRL

Aug 30, 2007, 12:03 PM
I also agree with Krickt and Gemini. Maybe VZW software change is what blows about the RAZR.

Now I do see alot of liquid damaged RAZR's however Motorola has changed the location of the indicator on most CDMA handsets because it was more suseptible in the previous location. However for as many Razr that are out there I dont see a high ratio coming in with manufacturer defects.
krickt

Aug 30, 2007, 10:10 AM
Well..... Doesn't VZW have it's own problems with Moto stemming from basically having to hack it to get that nutso operating system on it?

I'm just speaking from personal experience, not from any research done outside of my own store.

I personally don't like Moto that much (too many duds) but when they do it right, it seems to be a good phone.
expectpwnage

Aug 30, 2007, 11:56 AM
i have a CDMA razr with sprint, i've never had one problem with it.

i think its a gsm thing.
frankiewawa

Aug 30, 2007, 12:24 PM
I'm excited krickt. Im gonna be workin for vzw again very shortly 😁
krickt

Aug 30, 2007, 1:15 PM
Who do you work for now? I thought you were vzw, already. Or have I got my people mixed up again?

VZW isn't very nice to their agents, compared to my company right now.....

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.