show all 20 replies

Car Kit...

d3ity

Aug 25, 2007, 9:26 AM
So... First custy of the day...

C - custy
M - me

M - How can I help you?
C - How can I get this phone out of "car kit"?

M - That message indicates that the phone has been water damaged.
C - It's never been near water!!!

*** 5 minute exchange about water damage... you've heard it before ***

M - (pulls up account, pulls battery, no LDI turned) The circutry in the phone has an internal moisture detector on the board itself. You may not have gotten the battery wet but this phone has been damaged by moisture.
C - I just got this phone 6 months ago (lie)

M - Looking at your account here you do have the insurance on the phone, you would be able to get a 50 dollar replacement through them.
C - Can't you just give me a phone?
(continues)
Gemini

Aug 25, 2007, 9:34 AM
How unethical that you make your own pricing. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
BigShowJB

Aug 25, 2007, 10:07 AM
unethical?? have you tried to buy a car from a dealer recently?
d3ity

Aug 25, 2007, 10:14 AM
Pfft... lmao.

For some reason I don't think I'll ever buy a car from a dealership.

Although there is one reason why I might.

I do kinda want to walk into a BMW dealership one day and buy an M3... When the salesperson sits down and says "The price on that car is ..." and then gives me that blank stare they teach them... I do want to one day be able to say...

"Ok, so... is cash ok?"
BigShowJB

Aug 25, 2007, 10:22 AM
actually no. they would rather you finance it, because they make more on financing than if you pay cash, especially on high interest rate customers, and a lot of places actually pay the salesperson "back end commissions" on the amount of profit the dealership makes on the financing
d3ity

Aug 25, 2007, 10:48 AM
Yeah, this is true. But still, screw that. I'm paying cash.
ralph_on_me

Aug 25, 2007, 12:31 PM
The trick is you don't TELL them you're paying cash until you're done. You act like you'll finance and when you go into the financing office to sign all the papers, you give them a check for the full amount.
ryoga2451

Aug 25, 2007, 2:24 PM
Cash is the best way for you to pay. Don't forget to get some of the price knocked off of the car though.. never pay full price for a car
poweredup

Aug 27, 2007, 4:05 PM
actually if you give them anything over $10,000 in cash or check then you are automatically flagged for a possible audit(cause there gonna wanna know where all that money came from) and possibly some kind of luxury(sp?)tax. to go around this like when i was a dealer is to bring $10,000 in cash write a $10000 check and have someone else write another $10000 check. ๐Ÿ˜
krickt

Aug 25, 2007, 2:56 PM
Hey, I own the machine. I didn't buy it from my carrier, my carrier didn't subsidize it, or help me set it up or train me to use it. I decide if and when it gets used and what I will charge for service.

How's that unethical?
craptacularwireless

Aug 27, 2007, 4:21 PM
I'm with krickt on this one. I fail to see where the salesperson was being unethical.
frankiewawa

Aug 25, 2007, 4:59 PM
Its because of people like you who lay down for moronic customers and do what they want, that they come back and expect more of the same. ๐Ÿ˜›
rzipp

Aug 29, 2007, 10:31 AM
Nice.......... agreed!
Gemini

Aug 29, 2007, 11:01 AM
frankiewawa said:
Its because of people like you who lay down for moronic customers and do what they want, that they come back and expect more of the same. ๐Ÿ˜›

Ummm that wouldn't be me. As I said, it was unethical that the person changed the pricing to accomodate the customer's whim. Not quite sure how that makes me lay down... ๐Ÿคจ
foxiangel5

Aug 27, 2007, 2:00 PM
i didnt know that if it says car kit it means its water damaged. i thought that it probably was or the phone had dirt in it or the copper was dirty causing the phone to think it has a device attached to it....but i didnt know it was deffinetly water damaged!
Gemini

Aug 27, 2007, 3:01 PM
In an LG, yes. I have never seen Car Kit come up UNLESS it was water-damaged.
yeahright

Aug 27, 2007, 4:21 PM
corosion on charging port, or it is damaged, I fix them all the time by taking a thumb tac and scraping all the crap out of the bottom off the connectors, usually works
d3ity

Aug 28, 2007, 8:47 AM
And how does metal corrode? exposure to MOISTURE! ๐Ÿ˜
yeahright

Aug 28, 2007, 10:26 AM
yup, or there is just crap up in there because the user is a dirty bastard
d3ity

Aug 28, 2007, 2:55 PM
scumbag isn't covered under warranty.
yeahright

Aug 28, 2007, 4:28 PM
๐Ÿ˜ข poor scumbags

but I do get some crazy stuff.
I had a kid and when i took his phone out of the case and took the housing apart to clean it there was weed stuck up in and it made my store smell a little funky.

I get farmers sometimes to and I don't even want to know what i am scrapping out of those things

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.