Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 32 replies

war thought

tyrjohn

Nov 19, 2004, 5:21 PM
Tell me why Afghanistan has one of the world largest supply of Heroin and opium. Just a little something I saw on the news. And here I was thinking this war was over oil, but no ole boy GW is trying to be a king pin. Funny he really is heading a war on drugs
coldsteel

Nov 19, 2004, 9:22 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣

Well, we DID invade Panama in '89 because noriega was facilitating the Cali and Medellin cartels shipping cocaine to the US...

Like daddy, like sonny.
TexasJulie

Nov 20, 2004, 12:05 PM
🙄
tyrjohn

Nov 22, 2004, 6:45 PM
what was 🙄 for?

We know you don't like to hear bad things about Texans or Texas.

but not all Texans are bad, and every thing there isn't bad either.

It's just Dude that sent us to war is bad to me.
ShunAsa

Nov 22, 2004, 6:48 PM
Texas, our Texas....YEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWW!
tyrjohn

Nov 22, 2004, 6:58 PM
SEE Shun's From Texas and I like her
ShunAsa

Nov 22, 2004, 7:06 PM
DAMN RIGHT 😁
sammy2

Nov 24, 2004, 5:44 PM
with or without the big hair?
TexasJulie

Nov 23, 2004, 11:02 AM
It really has nothing to do with Texas. My husband is in the Air Force and is on his 5th trip overseas right now. He will miss every holiday again... for the 3rd year in a row. Its less about Bush, and more about military... things of this nature really get me heated. sorry for the eye roll...
shadedpain4

Nov 23, 2004, 11:11 AM
TexasJulie said:
It really has nothing to do with Texas. My husband is in the Air Force and is on his 5th trip overseas right now. He will miss every holiday again... for the 3rd year in a row. Its less about Bush, and more about military... things of this nature really get me heated. sorry for the eye roll...

Hey Julie, please dont take this the wrong way, im generally curious about this.

I hear people in the military complain about this stuff and i totally understand the complaints. I think that sucks too.

But....

these are the same reasons i wouldn't enlist in the military myself.

So my question would be....Were these kind of possibilities not explained at the time of joining the military...
(continues)
TexasJulie

Nov 23, 2004, 11:50 AM
Excuse me for not explaining my post clearly... I havent been awake too long. LMAO... My husband loves his job and I love him... therefore we do what has to be done. I'm so used to him being gone, that when he is home, it feels like vacation. LMAO... The only reason I mentioned it at all, is because more and more these days, people dont see the big picture. People are without their families for MONTHS at a time... even years. And yes, it is Like Father, Like Son. But those fathers, and sons are my husbands 'boss'. Essentially, its the same as someone trashing YOUR employer, you probably wouldnt like it a whole whole bunch.

Whoops...went a little off track. But no, I wasnt complaining that he was gone, or asking for sympathy. We kne...
(continues)
shadedpain4

Nov 23, 2004, 12:24 PM
Thanks Julie, that was informative.

I always thought cushy military job was an oxy-moron anyways. 🙂
TexasJulie

Nov 23, 2004, 12:30 PM
LMAO... There are 'some' cushy jobs. The guy who hands out towels at the gym gets paid the same as the dude turning wrenches for 17 hours a day, which I think is strange, but good for the Towel Boy. Didnt mean to bore ya to death with all that nonsense.... I just love talking about it I guess.
Julie
CDGIII

Nov 23, 2004, 4:48 PM
When I was in, I was responsible for repairing aircraft communications, navigation (Radar), and ECM (Electronic Counter-Measures- aka: the stuff that keeps pilots alive) and I got paid the same amount as the guy flipping burgers all day. That's the nature of the beast I guess.

And if I may interject a thought, no there is no decption. Everyone knows that you will get deployed. But that doesn't mean you have to enjoy it. That doesn't mean it's easy. And for the brave husbands or wives that have to stay home alone through the holidays, not only is it lonely but it's nerve wracking. You don't get to "talk" to your spouse on a daily basis, and given that there's a war going on, you spend the whole time wondering if you'll get a letter from t...
(continues)
TexasJulie

Nov 24, 2004, 12:14 AM
My husband does E&E so, I hear alot about ComNav. Thanks for keeping our country safe.

And thank you for your message. You are right. It does suck. Every single minute of every single day is like living a nightmare. I never answer the door if someone rings the bell. I guess Im just delaying the inevitable if, God forbid, anything were to ever happen.

Seriously, I know a guy who has been in for 14 years and never deployed... except for two weeks at Seven Level school. He has a cushy 'backshop' job though. LMAO....

Again, thank you for your past service... I understand the sacrifices that you made for our country, and I will always appreciate it.

Julie
kigirl11

Nov 23, 2004, 5:33 PM
Its nice to hear about these things from someone who is experiencing it everyday. I for one must admit that i don't know too many people who are there fighting and so it doesn't always enter my day to day thoughts and then when people talk about it I remember that yes we are in war and how big of a deal it is. I have a support your troups ribbon, but i still only think about it for a moment. We are doing a x-mas thing here at our mall to get donations to send to the soldiers for xmas. So anyway my main point was to say thanks for talking about your own situation. I enjoyed reading it. 🙂 May God bless your husband and family for all that they are doing!
TexasJulie

Nov 24, 2004, 12:19 AM
Thank you so much. I appreciate it. It is hard to remember if it doesnt directly effect you. Having the ribbon on your car reminds those behind you.... and in turn, they may get their own sticker... its a chain, see? The soldiers LOVE getting things while they are deployed. My husband has a girl scout cookie addiction... a HUGE one. LMAO. Last year, I called the local scouting office (cookie season was over) to see if they had any extras laying about and how much they would sell them to me for. I went down to pick them up and they gave me 250 boxes of cookies and a check for 100 dollars to mail them. I thought that was so awesome. My husband shared them with his troops on the condition that they each send a thank you letter and donat...
(continues)
CDGIII

Nov 23, 2004, 5:07 PM
I'm trying VERY hard not to call you an idiot. I don't think you are an idiot. I do believe that statement is extremely uninformed.

What happend with Libya after we invaded Iraq? They announced the suspension of their nuclear weapons programs and will cooperate with the UN to ensure total complaince with the non-proliferation treated they and EVERYONE signed. This was ADMITTING they were making nuclear weapons!

What happened with North Korea? Negociations between N. Korea, S. Korea, Japan, China, and Russia were successful in stopping Il Kim's threats to launch a missle attack against Japan. This is ADMITTING that they already have nuclear weapons.

What happened THIS WEEK with Iran!??! They have announced that they will STOP the enr...
(continues)
starwarsgirl

Nov 23, 2004, 5:10 PM
am i the only one that thinks it is all "public stoppage" and that there will still be maunfacturing going on? I don't believe for a minute that they are going to stop making weapons.
CDGIII

Nov 23, 2004, 5:27 PM
The hope is that as the precision and devastation of "conventional" or non-nuclear weapons will soon surpass the usefulness of something like a nuclear bomb. No, weapons will always be made, but we hope that certain weapons that spells the death of the entire global civilization can be stopped from being produced.

The single indicator of the absolute utter failure of the Clinton administration was that he allowed India and Pakistan to develop, test, and produce nuclear weapons. Between that, the reduction of our military budget to a small percentage of what it need to be, doing NOTHING in response to the bombing of 3 US Embassies, and the USS Cole, ALL BY AL-QUEDA, William Clinton will go down in history as having weakened this nation mor...
(continues)
CDGIII

Nov 23, 2004, 6:08 PM
That last sentence, by the way, was in no way a negative statement to you, Julie, or anyone else in this thread. Jsut a negative statement to those media people who chose NOT to investigate why there was so much negative feelings from certain countries concerning the war in Iraq.
tyrjohn

Nov 23, 2004, 8:18 PM
Are you talking about me 😁
tyrjohn

Nov 23, 2004, 8:09 PM
First of all Jerk you know absolutely Crap-o-la about what you are talking about. What Kind of Idiot do you take me for.

For you nosy a** info.
I come from a family of Army and Navy Men.
You don't know squat about me or my back ground.
Hell yeah I care about the economy what would it look like me cheering we won the war, but we're living like the great depression.
Julie has a husband over there and I feel for her

But do you have your brother, cousin, 2 Uncles, an Ex-step Father, and lot of friends over there.

The rest of the nonsense you were spewing off doesn't even matter.

Hey Buddy I don't have to lie about what I saw on the news what sense does that make. I dont need to lie to have someone read a post i dont thriv...
(continues)
TexasJulie

Nov 24, 2004, 12:27 AM
😳 Are you kidding me? Your post may have had some valid points... but I couldn't tell through the Fifth Grade name calling you spouted off after every sentence. Why dont you take a sec to regroup and THEN post your valid points...
tyrjohn

Nov 24, 2004, 1:56 PM
No need for me to repost anything. 😕

I posted what I wanted to say& felt no need to regroup. 😡

HE made me mad and I cussed him out with out the cussing. 😁 I really don't think you wanted to read what I was thinking. 😲

See you two agree on alot of things and thats good. 🙂
I am not hiding the fact that I cant stand Bush or this war. 😳

And If You would have took time to read more of my other post you would have saw I usually don't call anyone on the scoop out of their name, that would tell you I was really PO'd and guess what if him or anyone else disrespects me or my thought I'll do the same thing,

I can not help you love the Military and I don't. 😢 So you & the JERK can get off my back because I can't d...
(continues)
TexasJulie

Nov 24, 2004, 2:19 PM
Well, I respect your opinion to not like Bush, or the war, or the military... Those are the same principles my husband is fighting to perserve. Thank God men like him dont read these boards while working for 36 hours straight; getting shot at; eating only 2 MREs a day, not knowing if they will EVER come back to their homeland alive.... all so you can Cuss someone out, without cussing.

I have read your posts Ty. I know what you are all about. You are probably like the group of people picketing outside my base... spitting on my car and hollering at my children that their dad is a Baby/Woman killer. Thats fine... He will continue to do his job and wear his stripes PROUDLY so that YOU and all those LIKE YOU can say and do and act as "Tye f...
(continues)
TexasJulie

Nov 24, 2004, 2:53 PM
Excuse the E on the end of your name. Sorry, Ty.
tyrjohn

Nov 24, 2004, 4:43 PM
First it's Ty.

second because I don't like somthing doesn't mean I disrespect.
Lady I pray for all the Soldiers every night hopeing they come home safe. DID YOU NOT SEE I HAVE SOLDERIS THERE TOO.

Does that not dawn on you that is the reason
I feel they way I do.

Now Now Julie who is acting 5th grade now.

And truly I feel for your children It's their fault, and It's not your husband fault he's doing his job. I have nothing but respect for People in the Military, They are risking their lives which is something to be greatly appreciate, BUT STOP JUDGING WHAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. I dont Pickett and I dont spit on peoples car.

but say what you want This is still America.
TexasJulie

Nov 24, 2004, 4:47 PM
Thanks for proving my point with your last sentence. And, btw, I apologized for the typo.
tyrjohn

Nov 24, 2004, 5:29 PM
Sorry I had already started typing before i read your post.
question what point were you trying to prove?
TexasJulie

Nov 24, 2004, 5:33 PM
That even if you make completely asinine statements regarding our country, those who protect it, and those who make decisions for it... you can do it because this is America. It really doesnt matter WHAT point I, or anyone else for that matter, tries to make, you'll argue it in to the ground. You would argue the sky was green if I said it was blue. So, we can definitely agree to disagree on this (and Im sure many other) topics. 😁 I always love a good debate.. thanks for the good time.
tyrjohn

Nov 24, 2004, 5:46 PM
I will leave it alone for you but please tell me where I said anything bad about America or People in the service,
What I said was I dont like bush or this war. 😉
TexasJulie

Nov 24, 2004, 12:22 AM
That was very well said.... And see! You said you dont remember the troops... 😁 You obviously do! Good job!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.