Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 95 replies

psycho manager

DeepFryerDan

Aug 8, 2007, 7:33 AM
so my old manager was transferred to a different store in our district because they were shuffling around a few stores' staff (mainly just a manager and a senior rep from 3 stores were rotated).

anyways, it was time for his annual review and everyone that he had managed was supposed to write an evaluation of his performance and whatnot for our district manager. so, i wrote the truth about him.

i told our dm that he never worked 40 hours a week in the past 3 months (which is very true) and that he stopped doing all the manager-specific duties that he could pawn off onto our two senior reps. i made the letter very professional and never once did i outright bash him (even though i wanted to).

well, i sent it to my former senior rep t...
(continues)
Ray

Aug 8, 2007, 7:41 AM
I hope you get fired for consuming alcoholic beverages during your lunch time. Sure your lunch/dinner time is your own, but what is the difference if you smoked a joint or drank a beer or two while on it? Yes, marijuana is illegal and beer isn't, but the principal is the same. Both marijuana and beer can impair your actions on the first one, your judgment being the first one out the window.
DeepFryerDan

Aug 8, 2007, 7:43 AM
and i reject your reply. next?
ZombieJ

Aug 12, 2007, 4:00 AM
Don't let him get to you. Most people in here seem reasonable this subject.

Personally I don't drink and think less of you for not being able to wait until you get home. I usually use my lunch breaks to work, after I've taken a walk to smoke a joint and cigarette of course.
DeepFryerDan

Aug 13, 2007, 9:36 AM
haha thanks for the support
malibu_377

Aug 14, 2007, 11:29 AM
DeepFryerDan said:
and i reject your reply. next?

ha ha ๐Ÿ˜ U just got served!
eric Lin

Aug 8, 2007, 12:44 PM
selling phones, or managing retail (or running a site about phones) is not a matter of life and death. Phone Scoop does not condone moral judgement here, especially since that is not the topic of this thread.

and i personally would like to point out that it is still common practice for working people to drink at lunch time in every other country outside the US, and it was common practice to do so in the US until the 1980s.
Cellfoneslinger

Aug 8, 2007, 3:20 PM
Cuz in the 80s it became common practice to sniff a lil blow at lunch ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Aug 8, 2007, 10:34 PM
I agree, I think a couple of drinks at lunch is nothing to be ashamed of, especially when you know good and well that 8 out of 10 CEOs or upper management types drink at lunch too, such hypocrisy. Not only that some people in sales find it helps with their sales technique to be a tad liquored up lol
nuckingfuts

Aug 9, 2007, 11:36 AM
Given the customers I have to deal with, I am almost sure I would get plastered on my lunch break....
Cellfoneslinger

Aug 8, 2007, 3:18 PM
If you can do your job as well or better then the next guy after having a few beers or even smoking a joint then who the F*** cares!?!? We are allowed to have up to two drinks on lunch if we are over 21 where I work, not that anyone does. I have also had employees that could sell better stoned then most people could sober. If you are visibly intoxicated then there is a problem but responsible adults should be free of such judgment. You referenced the first amendment in response to a previous post of mine. What happened to land of the free? When we are judged on what we do in our free time not on the way we act, our performance professionally, and personality we lose the freedom our country supposedly stands for.
I AM GOD

Aug 8, 2007, 5:33 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ I lead my district and I sell stoned....Ray is a loser....
Cellfoneslinger

Aug 8, 2007, 5:36 PM
Ah hell yeah he is!!! I am so getting a beer at lunch today. What an inspirational thread!
I AM GOD

Aug 8, 2007, 5:37 PM
No kidding....I'm lightin' up a fatty.... ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Ghosthendrikson

Aug 8, 2007, 7:45 PM
AHAHHAHAA...I work in a mall kiosk. The restraunt down the way has a bar, looks like I am going to knock back a vodka tonic while on my dinner break tonight!

Keep on rocking!
jestcuzzgrl

Aug 8, 2007, 3:28 PM
There is nothing wrong with having a couple of beers on lunch break.

That is all
WhoDey

Aug 13, 2007, 10:45 AM
My god... youre the greatest
Lederhosen19

Aug 8, 2007, 8:32 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Aug 8, 2007, 11:07 PM
that is all
Webb

Aug 9, 2007, 7:40 PM
This comment is an unfair characterization of fascists. A good many actual fascists would've had a drink with lunch. Why, Hermann Goering probably would've had a drink, some morphine, and a secretary.

๐Ÿ˜‰
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Aug 10, 2007, 1:07 AM
๐Ÿคฃ youre right.
d3ity

Aug 10, 2007, 11:16 AM
Hey, Ray. You know you're a ****ing troll when every single forum has a ****ing thread titled Aw Hell. Seriously, go sell some ****ing sprint phones and stop posting this useless garbage.
burgundy

Aug 8, 2007, 9:21 AM
well I know here in Wisconsin it's completely legal to have a beer or two at lunch, as long as you aren't operating heavy machinery. ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
DeepFryerDan

Aug 8, 2007, 9:22 AM
yeah, im sitting on my @ss at a desk. i think im entitled to a beer... or two. ๐Ÿ˜
Ray

Aug 8, 2007, 9:23 AM
Are you handing me a pile of steaming cow pie??? I can't believe company's would condone consuming alcoholic beverages on their work breaks and then returning to their jobs. What the hell has corporate America come to people?
DeepFryerDan

Aug 8, 2007, 9:24 AM
i hope your soap box breaks and you fall all the way to the fiery depths ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Ray

Aug 8, 2007, 9:39 AM
One foot isn't much of a drop. ๐Ÿคฃ
burgundy

Aug 8, 2007, 9:25 AM
I'm not saying they condone it, but I am saying its NOT illegal.
chainsaw

Aug 8, 2007, 12:21 PM
Are you mormon? What do you have against drinking a beer. HATER!
Willwise

Aug 8, 2007, 5:11 PM
no body has anything against drinking beer or two it is drinking than returning to work. It is completely unprofessional and unethical I can't believe this is even a debate weather it effects your performance at work or not it doesn't take away from the fact that it is unprofessional.
Ghosthendrikson

Aug 8, 2007, 7:54 PM
Willwise said:
no body has anything against drinking beer or two it is drinking than returning to work. It is completely unprofessional and unethical I can't believe this is even a debate weather it effects your performance at work or not it doesn't take away from the fact that it is unprofessional.

I can't believe your so blind. Do you know how much business goes down during the consumption of alcohol? There is nothing unprofessional about it unless YOU let if affect your work.
chainsaw

Aug 8, 2007, 7:55 PM
or mormon
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Aug 10, 2007, 1:13 AM
unethical, i find it hard to equate having a beer or two at lunch with half of the unethical things nearly every wireless employee, especially in sales, is asked to do on a daily basis. Thats hypocrisy on the company's part. Ethical and "Corporate" culture are two words that have no business anywhere near each other, regardless of what industry your in.
just_asking

Aug 10, 2007, 11:04 PM
please leave religion out of this discussion. There are alot of people who believe drinking is unprofessional on the job.
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Aug 10, 2007, 11:12 PM
ah but not on the job, at lunch.
Willwise

Aug 11, 2007, 8:54 PM
If you return to work after drinking it is the same as drinking on the clock. On a side not what unethical things are wireless employees asked to do I've worked in wireless for almost three years have never been asked to do a single unethical thing. I don't think it is asking a whole lot of a person to go through an 8 hour work day with out a beer. With my company it would be an automatic termination if some one returned to work with alcohol on their breath. There is just no reason for it I love beer as much as the next guy and as soon as I'm off I usually start drinking right after work.
Ray

Aug 8, 2007, 5:44 PM
I'm a "Your on the Highway to Hell if you don't accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour" Southern Baptist and proud!
ralph_on_me

Aug 8, 2007, 5:50 PM
I thought you were just annoying.
Ray

Aug 8, 2007, 5:51 PM
I meant "You're" instead of "Your".
krickt

Aug 9, 2007, 9:49 AM
I have to change demoninations now.......

Geez...
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Aug 10, 2007, 1:27 AM
I really don't get people who act as if morality is exclusive to their particular brand of faith.. Lame.

Oh and leave AC/DC out of any nonsensical ramblings pertaining to but certainly not limited to your "faith"
Ray

Aug 10, 2007, 7:15 AM
All I did was responding to chainsaw's inquiry to whether or not I was a Mormon aka the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints which I feel I did quite eloquently. Better to be on the Stairway to Heaven than the Highway to Hell.
Lapdog

Aug 10, 2007, 8:19 AM
awful free with using profanity for a Southern Baptist. And yes, the context you use it her and on all your posts is profanity.
DMRex A.K.A Shakey Shakes

Aug 13, 2007, 3:55 PM
all hail!
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Aug 10, 2007, 3:42 PM
my opinion echos Mark Twain's "Heaven for climate, Hell for company"
Cellfoneslinger

Aug 8, 2007, 3:23 PM
Corporate America sucks a big one with our without them condoning alcohol on lunch
iRawesome

Aug 9, 2007, 9:38 AM
If I could get away with it, I'd slam a couple Captain and Cokes before going back to work, just to make sure I say what I mean when I mean to say it lol.
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Aug 10, 2007, 1:20 AM
Corporate America has been rotten to the core since its inception. Anyone who thinks different is horribly delusional or massively misinformed. Cases in point:
J.P. Morgan
John D. Rockefeller
Andrew Carnegie
William Randolph Hurst
txsolitaire

Aug 8, 2007, 11:34 AM
DeepFryerDan said:
a couple days later he called my new manager here and told him that "he needs to watch me because i tend to go drink (alcohol) on all my breaks." yeah, that's professional.

btw: occaisionally i do have A beer or TWO with lunch

hahahaha. Did you consume one or two said beers before attempting to type this?

Its pretty funny you on one hand act like you are being nailed to the cross and are indignant, then admit to doing what your boss said you do. Ironic. Ray is right, If I were your boss I'd terminate you immediately.
DeepFryerDan

Aug 8, 2007, 12:02 PM
in that case no one should be able to take bendryl or cough syrup while at work. one dulls the senses and the other contains alcohol.
chainsaw

Aug 8, 2007, 12:24 PM
Or pain pills, anti anxiety/depressants.
DeepFryerDan

or crack
chainsaw

Aug 8, 2007, 12:26 PM
mmmm crack.
txsolitaire

Aug 8, 2007, 12:32 PM
stupidest comparison i've ever seen in my life. You been drinkin? ๐Ÿคฃ

Yes, there are entire movements to stop people from cough syruping while driving.

Cough syrup obviously is just as dangerous and debilitating as alcohol, you got me!
DeepFryerDan

Aug 8, 2007, 1:08 PM
it actually is a serious issue at many of the area high schools here. kids drinking an entire bottle are getting sent to the ER..
Ghosthendrikson

Aug 8, 2007, 7:56 PM
DeepFryerDan said:
it actually is a serious issue at many of the area high schools here. kids drinking an entire bottle are getting sent to the ER..

Ah I remember the old days of "Robo-tripping"
Webb

Aug 9, 2007, 7:35 PM
txsolitaire said:
stupidest comparison i've ever seen in my life. You been drinkin? ๐Ÿคฃ

Yes, there are entire movements to stop people from cough syruping while driving.

Cough syrup obviously is just as dangerous and debilitating as alcohol, you got me!

A freaking codeine-based pain-killer will do more to alter my perception than a single drink taken with a meal. Even the supposed non-drowsy ones (which balance the codeine out with caffeine).

I wouldn't want to operate a vehicle, handle a firearm, or work in a dangerous environment while on them.

Maybe that effect isn't the same for everyone. Maybe it's some metabolic quirk of how it absorbs. But it's still a worse idea for me than having ...
(continues)
chainsaw

Aug 8, 2007, 12:22 PM
and then you would be sued for violating labor laws which allow him to do it.
txsolitaire

Aug 8, 2007, 12:23 PM
bull. i'd have a policy about being inebriated at the work place.
expectpwnage

Aug 8, 2007, 12:25 PM
would two beers make him fail a breathalizer?
if not, prove he was inebriated.

looooop hole.
chainsaw

Aug 8, 2007, 12:33 PM
lol one beer makes you a sloopy drunk?
txsolitaire

Aug 8, 2007, 3:30 PM
it doesn't matter if your drunk or not genius. One or two beers can affect you in ways you may not notice such as slight slowing down of motor skills/reaction time.
Ghosthendrikson

Aug 8, 2007, 8:15 PM
txsolitaire said:
it doesn't matter if your drunk or not genius. One or two beers can affect you in ways you may not notice such as slight slowing down of motor skills/reaction time.

Actually, it would depend a lot on how long ago he had consumed the alcohol, the length of time it took him to consume both beers, the size of the beers, and not to mention the kind of beer.

Two normal sized beers consumed over the period of an hour would already be absored and metabolized by a normal sized human being.
chainsaw

Aug 8, 2007, 12:20 PM
I think having a beer at lunch is perfectly legal(atleast in my state and besides you are a salesman not a damn surgeon if anything you probably sell better after a few cold ones.
DeepFryerDan

Aug 8, 2007, 12:23 PM
i definately am more relaxed after a beer. i tend to be much nicer too
txsolitaire

its not about being legal. its about work ethic, not being able to perform your job to the best of your ability, and mainly because i can't get away with it so f you buddy.
chainsaw

Aug 8, 2007, 12:25 PM
lol, so you would if you could then? If his job performance was worse then I definitely agree he should be fired.
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Aug 8, 2007, 11:20 PM
ironicly enough its probably more socially acceptable for the surgon to have a 2 or 3 martini lunch
Eastern

Aug 8, 2007, 12:26 PM
funny you should mention alchol i took a client out to lunch with our ceo and he said go ahead and have a beer. you are an adult!! DUH..
DeepFryerDan

Aug 8, 2007, 12:28 PM
no joke. i think the other guyss problems on this thread is that they don't drink beer. they make too much money being a couple rungs up that corporate ladder - they only drink scotch.
chainsaw

Aug 8, 2007, 12:34 PM
and chase it with kool aid.
DeepFryerDan

Aug 8, 2007, 1:09 PM
im definately a koolaid fan. nothin' like some ghetto koolaid on a hot summer day
dmty

Aug 8, 2007, 4:55 PM
Yeah koolaid is good but i'd rather have a beer. And all those haters need to shut the **** up obviously they don't drink. There is nothing i cannot do the same if not better after having a couple. You should get in more trouble showing up after only sleeping three hours and being hung over. Thats when i have trouble functioning
chainsaw

Aug 8, 2007, 7:39 PM
amen
frankiewawa

Aug 8, 2007, 5:54 PM
People keep complaining about alcohol at lunch. If deepfryerdan here is a full blown alcoholic, then what is one or two cold beers going to effect? Nothing. ๐Ÿ‘€
ralph_on_me

Aug 8, 2007, 5:58 PM
Our employee handbook says you can't be under the influence of alcohol at work. State law says you can drink on your lunch break. So as long as the beer doesn't get you drunk, you can drink.
frankiewawa

Aug 8, 2007, 6:01 PM
exactly my point. And nice avatar... lol
Guy Montag

Aug 8, 2007, 7:57 PM
I have beer in my minifridge at the office...

As for the other boss. If you send in your report he will likely be audited at some point. I had a manager that would leave on the clock for hours and come in at the end of the day and clock off. I called in on her and the DM was there when she came back in to clock off. ๐Ÿคฃ
iRawesome

Aug 8, 2007, 8:20 PM
Guy Montag said:
the DM was there when she came back in to clock off. ๐Ÿคฃ

The Dungeon Master?
Ray

Aug 9, 2007, 8:02 AM
No, DM standards for District manager.
iRawesome

Aug 9, 2007, 9:36 AM
I know, retard. I was being sarcastic.
Guy Montag

Aug 11, 2007, 9:07 PM
Yes, and don't fvkc with me. We dragons eat people. ๐Ÿ˜›
Haloren

Aug 9, 2007, 7:54 PM
God made weed,
It came from a seed,
So we could let it burn,
so, take a turn.

๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

DON'T DUE DRUGS, THEY ARE VERY BAD and KILL USEFUL BRAIN CELLS.

I wil L nOt eVer usE WEED!
chainsaw

Aug 10, 2007, 11:32 AM
I am SOOOOO unprofessional I haven't drank a drop(today) but I am way too hungover to even function.
DeepFryerDan

Aug 11, 2007, 3:31 PM
hungover is an understatement ๐Ÿ˜•
cellb1tch

Aug 10, 2007, 5:02 PM
first of all did nobody read the part where the manager got into the other guy's email account and read his email?? i don't think that's professional!!

and as far as the drinking goes...drink it up baby!! i'm much nicer when i have a few in me and much more considerate and helpful.

and ray...can you please name the subject of your message something other than 'ah hell'. it's real f*ckin annoying as are most of your posts.

thank you
DeepFryerDan

Aug 10, 2007, 5:08 PM
i think i'm in love haha
cellb1tch

Aug 10, 2007, 6:39 PM
i'm very pretty!!
DeepFryerDan

Aug 11, 2007, 10:37 AM
yeah i'm not. i look like ron jeremy without the "ron jeremy"
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Aug 10, 2007, 11:24 PM
Exactly i think reading someone's e-mail should be almost as bad as reading their postal mail.
kapwww

Aug 11, 2007, 1:28 PM
Might as well try to get this post to take a full page. Anyhow

I got fired from a job after being in the top 2 in sales for 3 years because one of my friends from work sent me an email describing how awful one of the office people was to him and my reply was "Wow...what a bi**h. That was totally uncalled for." The owner of the company happened to read my friend's emails because they were looking for a reason to fire him. Because my reply was there, I got called in.

What made the whole thing ridiculous and got me a little chunk of change to survive on while looking for a new job was the fact that the boss had been less than ethical with several of the employees and I knew about it. I had been at the unofficial Christmas parties a...
(continues)
SprintSpeed

Aug 11, 2007, 9:10 PM
Just the person in the mirror can be your best friend or your worst enemy. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Guy Montag

Aug 11, 2007, 9:11 PM
Didn't take you long to get back on did it? ๐Ÿคจ
SLRMcLaren

Aug 13, 2007, 12:44 PM
I love that everyone is getting so heated about this. Its something ONE PERSON does. He isnt your co-worker, he isnt your "friend", he isnt a close relative or even a neighbor. He's a stranger online! So why is everyone getting so worked up? Because they hope their boss reads this and gives them a raise for being "moral" or some other garbarge. I work in BCS and i want nothing more than to have a drink at lunch...I just never seem to have any alcohol near... I drink after work and occasionally before (since after midnight its considered the next day) but I have never had the chance to drink on lunch (its only 30 mins anyway). And thankfully i dont opperate heave equipment...unless you count the mouse on my desk...
swat220

Aug 14, 2007, 11:27 AM
In my company we are allowed a drink on lunch break and there are many times that I would love to have one. The only thing that holds me back is that I don't want to have beer on my breath. I think that would lower my level of credibility. To each his own.
NecrisHacker

Aug 14, 2007, 1:24 PM
Keep a mini toothbrush and some paste in a drawer and eat one of your favorite candy bars.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.