Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

My company is circling the drain! (or Secret Shoppers Stink)

MoZamboni

Jul 25, 2007, 2:33 PM
What is wrong with this place! I work for a small regional carrier in the Carolinas (won't take you long to figure out) and I just got a 'we need to talk' call from my boss' boss about a mystery shop score, which was a three-fourths of perfect. ๐Ÿ˜‰ It is complete bullshiat, and I have a form that says otherwise... which doesn't amount to a crap in this industry, in here it's guilty until proven innocent.

Anyway, the reason I say they are circling the drain like a nutty turd, is because you would have swore this call to me was to tell me a relative died! IT'S A #@$$@$#! MYSTERY SHOP PEOPLE! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

It's a person who can't find a real job and wants to have power over someone else's job! And our company is ghey for it, they hois...
(continues)
spidermon

Jul 25, 2007, 2:41 PM
That was the best rant ive ever heard and i agree with you 100%. I've gotten secret shopped 3 times and the scores have ranged from 62% to 94% and i say the same thing every time i sell a phone to a certain point. Secret shops are completely pointless and irrelevant to my abilities as a salesperson.
mooiscoow

Jul 25, 2007, 2:45 PM
Trust me when I say it is not just you, and it is not just with cell phones. I work at a movie theater and I got points of my mystery shop because he could not clearly read my name tag as I was making his order for 5 people.
chainsaw

Jul 25, 2007, 5:03 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
Besides, what is the point of a mystery shop. SHouldn't a manager or regional manager be aware of how his team is selling or do they just sit in the back room and do nothing( I know some do, but I don't)Mystery shops are pointless. THats why a lot of companies are getting rid of them including COR at&t
craptacularwireless

Jul 25, 2007, 2:47 PM
My sentiments exactly.
chainsaw

Jul 25, 2007, 5:00 PM
I used to love the...add a line for 9.99 and get a discount on a new phone. But our company cracked down on that. I feel your pain. You always try to do things the right way and someone else has good numbers but is a f@#$ up most of the time and doesn't get in trouble.
ralph_on_me

Jul 25, 2007, 5:07 PM
I got a 100% on my last shop and I swear they never came into the store. They said I talked about things and offered things that I never ever talk to anyone about unless the potential customer is the one bringing it up.

I've also had it the other way where they say you didn't do things that you know you did.

Shoppers are worthless.
ChrisNess

Jul 25, 2007, 5:11 PM
I disagree, I sell with my own style and I'm very successful. It's not the company norm, but it works. Now of the about 12 secret shops I've had in the past 7 months I've failed to score less than 92% with 10 being perfect. The idea is this, sales is about making people like you....building a relationship. The secret shopper is no different. They will score you well if they liked you and poorly if they didn't.

To summarize,

You aren't likable โ˜น๏ธ
MoZamboni

Jul 25, 2007, 8:05 PM
๐Ÿคจ

You forgot to add the part where you enjoy long walks on the beach and long conversations with your manager.
DJ Parkay

Jul 25, 2007, 5:20 PM
Don't kid yourself, you are a shi++y salesman. Also the only thing circling the drain is your career, your carrier is doing fine. I know because I own stock in the mother-fuc
MoZamboni

Jul 25, 2007, 8:08 PM
I don't know what I'm more offended by, the fact you called me sh***y, or if you consider a being a salesman a career. ๐Ÿ˜›
Cellfoneslinger

Jul 25, 2007, 8:40 PM
Eff mystery shop scores. I have been in sales long enough to weed out people that won't buy today and go find someone that is going to make me money NOW!!! I hate pretentious mystery shoppers!
BlondeBombshell

Jul 25, 2007, 9:03 PM
I know, how are they supposed to give you an accurate score when you know that they arent going to buy. LOL. I'm sorry.
WhoDey

Jul 25, 2007, 9:16 PM
Hey, I do the add a line to get a phone thing.
As long as its presented and explained thoroughly, no problems..
MoZamboni

Jul 25, 2007, 9:18 PM
I agree, sometimes it's OK, but in this case it was for a add-a-line that was for $39.99/month for TWO YEARS ๐Ÿ‘€ LOL
WhoDey

Jul 25, 2007, 9:19 PM
lol.. who the hell do you work for?!
Weescruyou Wireless?
Ray

Jul 25, 2007, 9:20 PM
Guess what? Step off the high horse for a second and hop on the low mule. Wireless carriers not only often use people who have experience in the wireless industry, but also employees of the carrier itself. How do I know? I've extensive experience in wireless retail sales, been on a Circle of Excellence trip and do both competitive shopping as well as secret shopping for my current employer so I know what my company is looking for when dealing with sales representatives in the corporate stores. You would be suprised how many customers will tell a sales representative one thing only to do a 180 when contacted by customer care on a survey. There is validity to having secret shoppers evaluate their retail store shopping experience provided the s...
(continues)
MoZamboni

Jul 25, 2007, 9:25 PM
๐Ÿ™„

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.