Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 34 replies

What's the strangest customer you ever had?

OfAMightDivine

Jul 14, 2007, 11:13 PM
And by strange, I mean just plain out WEIRD customer you ever got. Not mad or an idiot, just strange?

I had one guy swear up and down I was his cousin Tina ๐Ÿ‘€

He said that because he was calling her number, and I answered, that I must be her (keeping in mind, I'm male, and I do not, by far, have a feminine voice)

When I told him he's reached VZW customer care, he said "Why do ya'll keep sayin that?!?!?!" and hung up.
iRawesome

Jul 15, 2007, 10:46 AM
I had one (male) customer ask me if I sold a lot of phones to women. I replied, "Well, I'm sure it's pretty even...why do you ask?"

"Cuz you're so damn cute, you must get all the ladies to buy stuff from you!"

๐Ÿ˜ณ ..............
satch of the moe

Jul 15, 2007, 11:33 AM
he wanted to date you ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ‘€
M15TER P1NK

Jul 15, 2007, 11:44 AM
he wants to hug you... he wants to kiss you... he wants to marry you...

๐Ÿ˜‰
iRawesome

Jul 15, 2007, 11:46 AM
He can't marry me...maybe if you said "He wants to partner with you domestically..."
M15TER P1NK

Jul 15, 2007, 11:52 AM
he wants to engage you in a civil union
p_ariel

Jul 18, 2007, 8:51 AM
๐Ÿคฃ
Nautic812

Jul 15, 2007, 3:02 PM
Raising the akward bar
iRawesome

Jul 15, 2007, 3:04 PM
That would work if I worked for Cingular...

You could say America's Most reliable Awkwardness...
Nautic812

Jul 15, 2007, 12:11 PM
I did have an old lady ask me how she should dial 911 on her cell. She though it was different then her home phone
mooiscoow

Jul 15, 2007, 12:34 PM
Shims, Heshe what ever you want to call it. They arer always the weirdest. I had to run the credit and Their name was Jess. I am so happy i could skip gender questions.
SLRMcLaren

Jul 15, 2007, 2:39 PM
Thats not really fair. Transgendered would be more appropriate. And they really arent as sensitive about it as people think. I know many and if someone asks their gender, they dont get offended. If they do, they have no business trying to be the opposite sex (especially if they arent trying very hard to look like it).
mooiscoow

Jul 15, 2007, 3:07 PM
No, it isn't that. I understand the difference. I would feel better it is a drag queen or someone who chooses it. But these are people like It's Pat from SNL. I work in the mall. You see wierd stuff
SLRMcLaren

Jul 15, 2007, 3:19 PM
I'm a drag queen. But I'm a hot one. No one has ever asked me if I was a real girl or not. People just assume I am... But I do know the ones you mean. You cant come in lookin like a man expecting people to think you're a woman. Even if you have had some work done.
mooiscoow

Jul 15, 2007, 3:32 PM
See I am fine with that but if you are a girl and wearing a oversized jersey, long shorts and have your hair braided back like a boy don't get upset when someone calls you sir. I mean I have no problem with it, if you are trying. If not, then i don't know what to say.
pixie

Jul 15, 2007, 3:37 PM
Are you hot? Now be honest.... ๐Ÿคค
SLRMcLaren

Jul 15, 2007, 5:01 PM
I really am tho. I had random girls come up and tell me how pretty I am. Like...I'm a cute boy. But when i get fixed up for a show i'm a hot chick. And I dont do that scary drag business...I had those ones that are like 7 feet tall with hair thats 3 feet tall. I go for the real look. So i guess I'm not a drag queen...Im a female illusionist.
mallbound

Jul 15, 2007, 1:02 PM
Well we had one guy who swore up and down that there was this little green man that lived inside his phone and he wanted us to make him go away for good ๐Ÿ˜ณ

There was a mom and son who came in disputing calls that were being made late at night. As it turns out the calls were to 900 sex numbers. She said he would never do that and that it must be the military taking control over his phone calling these people. ๐Ÿ™„

Lastly we had a woman who refused to leave the store unless we turned her phone back on (without her paying the late bill). She whipped out her prayer book and said that the Sprint billing system must be run by the devil and needs to be saved. She kept trying to save the rep on the phone and once even tried it on my...
(continues)
kapwww

Jul 15, 2007, 1:14 PM
Not so much weird, but more disturbing, there is a guy that lives near our store who LOOKS like a hippie (tie dye, long gray hair with long gray beard, old shorts and Berks) but he always wears a hat with a swastika, has a swastika patch pinned to his shirt, and a big Nazi flag hanging in front of his house. When he comes in for prepaid time, he's always nice, but I get the strangest feeling when he's around.
selfishlyspoken

Jul 15, 2007, 5:37 PM
Well, this guy came in one day...

He was looking into getting a phone. I told him that we'd run his credit and see what his options were. Well, he was not interested in me doing that. He said that he didn't want me to put his information 'out there' and that it was an invasion of privacy to do so.

Somehow, we talked him into it.

We decided to check out some phones and he started asking about GPS and said that he was not interested in any phone that 'had GPS' because he didn't want anyone to find him. He said that the government wasn't to be trusted and with 'Big Brother watching' he just didn't feel safe with it...

After hours of lectures (about the government), we managed to get him into a phone and sent him out the door.

(continues)
MrAbstracto

Jul 15, 2007, 5:45 PM
I hope you sold him a phone without GPS, and on the way home home he runs his car offroad in the midle of nowhere and he calls 911 and dies waiting becasue it took to long to triangulate his position using just the towers. ๐Ÿคฃ
selfishlyspoken

Jul 15, 2007, 5:48 PM
Oh, that is great. ๐Ÿ™‚
torkuatin

Jul 17, 2007, 11:41 PM
i have one i thing was not strange, maybe he was, but heres the story, he have like 100 dills for purchases charges, and i was like , you know someone make that purchases from the phone, and also he had like 100 dlls data usage, and i said the phone need to be used (data usage) for us to charge you, and then he said but the phone is from my son, and then said , talk to him, and then the boy start to talk and i was like omg its a kid, he was like 10 yrs old and he was crying i think his dad was mad and yelling him, and i was like no way i cant stand this if this continue he will hit his son, i need to remove those charges, and i do it, i think i remove the half or more of the charges he has, but it was the little boy that make me do this, i c...
(continues)
dilligaff1

Jul 18, 2007, 9:52 AM
๐Ÿ˜ณ I recommend grammer 101
torkuatin

Jul 18, 2007, 2:15 PM
well first i speak spanish and english like 30 %
and second i don't care about grammar even when i use spanish, its cause i don't care if people understand what I'm saying XD the important thing is for me to understand myself
ajstrong

Jul 19, 2007, 12:48 PM
the important thing is for you to understand yourself... ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ‘€

so, your next prospective employer doesn't need to understand you, nor does the policeman who is taking a witness statement, nor and younger people that may eventually look up to you as a role model in some form or fashion...

just you.

please grow up mentally (and grammatically) prior to having children.
dilligaff1

Jul 19, 2007, 3:30 PM
He's especially suited for his poor custys who then got to call us back ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
torkuatin

Jul 24, 2007, 8:01 PM
๐Ÿ˜ yep, maybe when i study english i may write better, but for now i dont care about that only to understand myself is ok, if you write something in spanish may be the same
chkchkchk

Jul 18, 2007, 9:57 AM
Not with the wireless industry...

I used to work in a call center for a clothing/housewares catalogue company. I once had a customer who insisted I give her 10% off of her order because she had cancer (seriously. This two shirt order call took, like, 45 mins). She was buying clearance shirts for her boyfriend and couldn't afford the full price (of clearance, that is).

I refused, naturally. She responded with 'Well you've obviously never been sick before'.

The best part: Her order came to $35.00. She would've saved $3.50. She threw a fit over $3.50.

The experience has only soured me on people who use illnesses as excuses.
chkchkchk

Jul 18, 2007, 9:58 AM
Sorry... forgot to close that HTML tag... ๐Ÿ˜‰
HotKarl666

Jul 19, 2007, 4:22 PM
Had this woman ask me if I like the superbush on the weekends.
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Jul 19, 2007, 4:24 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคจ
HotKarl666

Jul 19, 2007, 4:26 PM
And sheaccused me of fornicating with my co-workers
cellb1tch

Jul 19, 2007, 4:36 PM
well do you?
OfAMightDivine

Jul 19, 2007, 4:41 PM
Yeah, do you? ๐Ÿคค ๐Ÿคค ๐Ÿคค ๐Ÿคค ๐Ÿคค

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.