Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

no insurance on the razr???...wth

mysticfeline03

Nov 11, 2004, 7:49 PM
i cant believe you are not gonna be able to have insurancec on the new razr..that is messed up....any comments on the subject... 😳
CainMarko

Nov 11, 2004, 7:53 PM
It's more tnan lockline will insure for.
TexasJulie

Nov 11, 2004, 7:53 PM
Well, that would be a deal breaker for me. A phone that expensive needs insurance... JMO... I havent actually read that, so Im off to do research.
mysticfeline03

Nov 11, 2004, 8:06 PM
thats kinda crazy...spending that much and no insurance....thats not gonna go over to good wit hthe customers
JessiCSR

Nov 11, 2004, 8:39 PM
nope...but it's more than Lock-line will currently handle...maybe, it'll have it's own Ins.....*shrug*
TexasJulie

Nov 11, 2004, 8:51 PM
😁 I understand what you mean... but its sorta like saying.. "Hey, glad ya bought that Escalade. Sorry we cant give you insurance on it... Its too expensive." I get the theory, just not the logic.
starwarsgirl

Nov 12, 2004, 11:27 AM
you got the rate for a few hundred thousand customers, vs. the handful of ppl that will spend that amt. on a phone and then be irriesponsible with it. Greater good. Keeps the deductables down.
Iselltheshitoutofphones

Nov 12, 2004, 11:50 AM
Don't forget that Lockline will not cover the Handspring Treo's or the Motorola Accompli (old school). Now I have gotten mixed reports on Blckberry's. I have been told that it is covered and that it is not covered. I aggree with you guys, or here is a thought, why not cover it, but with a $100 deductable? Or makw lockline for that phone $4.99?

Will
starwarsgirl

Nov 12, 2004, 1:09 PM
The way it works at Cingular is:

The PDA's are not supposed to be enrolled, but if they accidently are, and they have been paying the premium every month, then of course we must replace the equipment. If it's been less than 60 days since enrollment, then Cingular will refund the premiums, over 60 days we replace. Because we don't stock them, they must be ordered on an individual basis from the manufacturer. We adv 5-7 bs. days to receive. Also we notify Customer Care to remove the ins. from the equipment. Again, it's the greater good, we are buying a 4-500 dollar replacement from the factory and giving it to them for 50 bucks. Even at an extra buck a month or something, it's not feasable to take a 350 dollar loss every time.
Iselltheshitoutofphones

Nov 12, 2004, 1:27 PM
Are you trying to tell me that Cingular and Lockline aren't making a profit? I have had customers who have had lockline on their account for 6 years without making a claim! Yes, there are people who abuse the system and file 2 claims per year, but that is what it is there for. You also have to figure of the majority of people who buy phones aren't buying the 6230's, and V400's. Most are insuring the 6010's and LG1300's.

Cost of the phones? Cingular buys them cheap from the manufactuer. For instance.....and I work for an agent, not a company owned store. Motorola V400's cost my owner $230. Cingular probably pays $150 for the phone? So when a claim is filed for the phone, Cingular is upside down $100 bucks. Lockline says that the average pe...
(continues)
starwarsgirl

Nov 12, 2004, 1:58 PM
I'm telling you how it works, and why they do it that way. Whether it's propaganda or not, I don't really care. Company profits are a given, so even if it's not right, it's going to happen that insuring the above would cause the rest of the folks to pay more.
CainMarko

Nov 12, 2004, 2:27 PM
Actually that 230.00 phone probably cost Cingular 200.00... not to mention the fact that 99% of the customers get the phone at a further discount in exchange for the contract... average cost to get one customer a new line with a brand new phone is around 400.00 out of Cingular's pocket...
st1x80

Nov 12, 2004, 5:16 PM
Cain is correct.

Motorola is the company making the huge margins.

I just won the Motorola V551 on the contest for Cingular Sales people. We had to fill out a w9 if we went over the 600 dollar mark in prizes for the year. I pulled up my W-9 and it says the value of the Motorola V551 was 99.00.

I am buying those phones from Cingular as an agent for around $230 or so. One way or another someone is making a huge margin but then again everyone in retails make big margins. You have to make the margins to stay very profitable.

Lockline could be handled like all other insurances and based on the price of the product and what it requires the deductible or premium monthly could be higher. Insurance companies make plenty and the other gi...
(continues)
dpnolen

Nov 13, 2004, 12:47 AM
Does anyone know the subsidy code for the Blackberry 7210. If not, does anyone know if Cingular will allow us to unlock our phones.
coldsteel

Nov 13, 2004, 1:47 PM
Nope, won't happen.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.