Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

GSM lets compete on phone quality not coverage

Compuman

Nov 10, 2004, 3:47 PM
This goes out to all those interested in making cellular the product it was created to be. A device that knows no boundaries which works on a worldwide area and customers like in Europe have there Sim card and there business goes to the better phone.
here in the states we have lost sight of how connecting big corps. could be better in the long run. having a gsm network that all carriers run on would create a race to make the best, smallest, coolest, cheapest phone. when we get this idea running I would once again come out of the closet and tell everyone I work in the cellular industry I like it because it pays the bills other than that the people that run these giants; cingular, verizon, t-mobile, sprint have all lost sight of the dream if ...
(continues)
euro

Nov 10, 2004, 4:42 PM
Sorry dude! I live in California and there are still areas where customers do not have any service. Out here GSM is not as reliable as everybody thought it was going to be. I know! I worked at a mulicarrier store for a little over three years and oh boy did I have me some Employee demo lines. CDMA is definitely the way to go. Broader coverage, faster internet and no sim card issues. In time there could possibly be a "Perfect" cellular provider. But in the mean time we need to help as many people with their needs as possible and make their lives easier.
CDGIII

Nov 10, 2004, 4:53 PM
Why do you care what Jean Claude Depasque in Nice France uses as his cellphone provider? Sorry but in the states, it has to work first and foremost. It's all about coverage, then features. In the US, still 93% of all revenue generated by all the wireless carriers is still voice.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.