Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

I'm loosing faith in humanity...

euro

Oct 21, 2004, 1:16 PM
Last night a customer walks in with his phone hotlined right before we closed. Doesent know why his phone is off. Apparently his "friend" told him that "All incoming calls are free because cell phones only charge for out-going calls." But, he has sprint and does not have anything like that. With a plan that only includes 500 min he used 1580. Not a happy camper. Had his phone and plan since 03/03. You would figure he would know what he's paying for by now.
mysticfeline03

Oct 21, 2004, 1:19 PM
no thats not bad....when a person has 3000 roll over minutes (basically never uses their phone)..calls in for a credit to get the roll over minutes back..b/c he lives in florida and had to use his phone during the hurricane...not a thank you for the service working while the home line was out....not a thank you for the roll over instead of charging huge amounts of overage....ticks me off....very ungrateful
Acedith

Oct 21, 2004, 1:23 PM
definitely......
🙄
people suck.
😛
fc2462

Oct 24, 2004, 6:35 AM
"People; they're the worst." - Jerry Seinfeld
ShunAsa

Oct 25, 2004, 9:22 AM
"Humans, you're like a Cancer..." -Agent Smith
starwarsgirl

Oct 25, 2004, 11:10 AM
I'm sure you all are good guys, but the bad store reps ruin your good work, because the bad reps are the ones that say oh, just call this number and they will hand deliver in 2 minutes and brand new upgraded phone/car/pay off your mortgage/make you look young again/etc. BS that they promise. OH! And it will be FREE!!! People at stores that don't care what they do or don't say, are the reasons call center workers want to go postal. Sorry, just had to vent that out. have a good day everyone!! Thank you for calling!!
ShunAsa

Oct 25, 2004, 12:24 PM
I can totally get on board with this one, I file claims for one of the big two insurance companies and I have to tell the subscribers all the time, "Unfortunately, you were given incorrect information". Reps are all the time telling subs, "just call this number" "they'll send you a replacement for $50 (no matter what the dmg)" It's ridiculous!
starwarsgirl

Oct 25, 2004, 12:34 PM
Exactly. Oh it's been lost for two years? No problem, just call this number..... 👿
ShunAsa

Oct 31, 2004, 2:35 PM
I just bought the phone yesterday, lost it today, I haven't even paid my first deductible, "don't worry, dial this number"
tyrjohn

Nov 1, 2004, 1:55 PM
What I hate is when the store rep says your not doing your job. As if they really have a clue about my job. I dont pretend I know theirs.
ShunAsa

Nov 1, 2004, 2:07 PM
YES! Sometimes we have them calling in saying "it didn't used to be that way" or "yes, this is such-n-such from Metro"....like they're supposed to scare me or something....
tyrjohn

Nov 1, 2004, 2:15 PM
I hate it when they call saying this is a corporate store and I'm the manager. Then I have to tell them they aren't the manager at my call center and the answer is still No
ShunAsa

Nov 1, 2004, 2:30 PM
YEAH! 😁
starwarsgirl

Nov 1, 2004, 2:27 PM
just start asking for names, and id numbers and store numbers and they change thier tune real quick.
tyrjohn

Nov 1, 2004, 2:46 PM
Not all the time I had a store rep call me everything but a child of God, and then he hung up
ShunAsa

Nov 1, 2004, 3:01 PM
those make me laugh....
starwarsgirl

Nov 1, 2004, 6:01 PM
we started off so well, but it's kind off died off hasn't it?
GWFOX

Nov 1, 2004, 6:29 PM
I never understood that. Why badger a CS or COOS rep about their job? Any sales rep with even 1 day of training should know even the BASIC policy and procedures about things..

You call in, it cannot be done, deal, learn, and don't do it again. Right?

Sales reps shouldn't get mad at the CS rep cause the sales rep told the customer something incorrect!

/me whaps bad sales reps
starwarsgirl

Nov 1, 2004, 6:45 PM
damn straight!
GWFOX

Nov 2, 2004, 10:11 AM
I won't lie.. I've made a mistake or two like that BUT I don't yell at the CS rep.

It's not their fault I made the mistake......

(Late post. I don't read phonescoop when not at work)
tyrjohn

Nov 2, 2004, 12:43 PM
Not all store rep are morons it just the one I get on the phn. But I do know some that are truly nice people.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.