Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 29 replies

re: you owe me a new phone!

jobrien02

Oct 18, 2004, 7:32 PM
Why do customers always think that if they lose their phone or they break their phone that WE have to give them a new one for free? I've had at least 5 or 6 cell phones since I was 16, but I never dropped mine in the bathtub or ran over it with my car! I get that phones break if you drop them, I do all the time, but how do you run over it with your car and expect to get a new one for free?
ShunAsa

Oct 19, 2004, 8:45 AM
Or get caught cheating and have your significant other throw it against a wall, or get in a bar-fight and fall on top of it, or leave it in the seat of your car and have someone break the window to steal it, or get drunk at a party and leave it on side of the toilet.....I've heard them all and I've NEVER heard a subscriber say "I know that it's my fault, I would like to purchase a new phone please", or even "What I did was stupid, I would like to pay my deductible and get a replacement phone"
kipswholesale_com

Oct 23, 2004, 10:32 AM
LOL.. you never hear it, you NEVER will..
tequilasundae

Oct 19, 2004, 12:51 PM
my favorite reply is "but its under warranty!!" no matter what has happened to it.. 😳 "but YOU broke it ya moron!!" can you buy a car and slam it into a wall and expect to say its under warranty,,or i get the warranty response and they pull out a beat to hell phone.. 🤣 once had a kid go completely postal in the middle of a mall because we didn;t tell him he couldnt get his phone wet , so we should just give him one...
ShunAsa

Oct 19, 2004, 3:45 PM
LMMFAO 🤣
antisociallarry

Oct 20, 2004, 3:42 PM
It's even better when prepaid customers call in, knowing that we(Cingular) offer no type of insurance on prepaid phones, but still expect to get one for free, because they did the same thing. Broke it, dropped it, kicked it across the parking lot. Something like that.
starwarsgirl

Oct 20, 2004, 4:09 PM
It's always nice when the phone was "stolen", yet shows up on the caller ID or when asked about a callback number they say, "Call my cell phone, the number is..." I've even had people hang up on me while they are reporting it missing, because it started ringing in the background as we were talking. After they had called in several times and complained they didn't like it, and oh it's "missing!!" Um, yeah.
antisociallarry

Oct 20, 2004, 4:16 PM
Wow. I haven't had that one yet. Hahaha. That's crazy.
starwarsgirl

Oct 20, 2004, 6:42 PM
yeah, you name it, I've had it. Scheming is just hilarious. But you can't call them out on it, so you just have to smile and approve!
Acedith

Oct 21, 2004, 8:35 AM
I swear, do people think that CSR's are stupid?

btw, lmao at all the above.
🤣
tequilasundae

Oct 21, 2004, 1:53 PM
i got another good one..a woman came by the kiosk complaining that her audiovox 8900 was acting funny..i and one other guy Nos4a2 were working it at the time...her camera screen is green and her phone vibrated on its own,, and it had physical damage...we told her to call and make an Insurance claim, when she became belligrent, saying the all too familiar "its under warranty!!"...we opened it up, and the moisture indicator wasn't red, but we insisted she see the tech, and that the corporate store was a mere 2 blocks away...she refused , saying that we should just give her one,(she had it a whole 5 days ) and that she was too poor to pay the 35.00 deduct...but she was sporting a big gold bling on her neck with her name on it..and the latest in...
(continues)
ShunAsa

Oct 21, 2004, 4:09 PM
thats f----- funny-as-hell! 😁
jobrien02

Oct 24, 2004, 1:00 PM
Customers are psycho. I'm sorry, but the whole world does not revolve around your cell phone. Before there was cell phones, people still managed to live just fine.
I have a funny story about a literally psycho lady who was in here awhile ago.
First she came in and said one of our sales associates broke her cover on her phone 3 days earlier. We told her she would have to speak to that sales associate individually and took her name and number. We honestly believe she is taking something, because she is so crazy.
The next day she comes in freaking out because her phone isn't receiving or making calls. Literally freaking out, sobbing and screaming and slamming her phone down on our counter. Yelling at us about how it's our fault her ph...
(continues)
tequilasundae

Oct 24, 2004, 1:23 PM
you would really think that they are pumping crack thru the handsets the way that some people freak out about it,.... 😳 i actually had a customer whom i helped call Signal and she replaced her other phone with a used phone, and THERE WAS NO BITCHING!! 😳 i was astounded...but she was NOT typical of the psychos we get in here...(see other contris)
jobrien02

Oct 24, 2004, 1:29 PM
Wow. 😳 A customer actually not moan and whine and scream and yell and bitch at you? I wish. Again, if you want an example of what I see here, (which that is just one of many) see my earier post. My kiosk is in a mall, so we have security we can call if people are too out of control. Has anyone ever had to do that? Or call some authority because of how psycho the customer was?
tequilasundae

Oct 24, 2004, 2:49 PM
we did have one instance where a kid handed me a prepaid phone, said it wasn't working and demanded a new one..of course antenna was chewed on(strike1), faceplate was scratched (strike2) and the waterspot WAS RUNNING LIKE THE BLOOD IN THE SHINING...of course we told him no and thought we would send him on his way...but he insisted on getting a new phone for free, because we didn't tell him he couldn;t get it wet! 😳 he became increasingly belligerent , so i had to call security..so i got 5 guards behind him...(a 6'3" thug yelling at the top of his lungs..)and he;s getting in my coworkers face, and telling me he "don't want talk to you no mo!"Security at this point isn't doing a damn thing except telling me to call the cops...when i do he ta...
(continues)
jobrien02

Oct 24, 2004, 2:59 PM
LOL 6'3" thug who still needs his mommy to do things for him. How F*king stupid can people get? Of COURSE we should give you a new phone for free, because we don't tell you you can't get it wet. WHAT AN IDIOT! Now I'm curious though, I wonder if it says that you can't get it wet as a warning on the boxes or in the instructions. Of course McDonald's got sued for some stupid lady spilling hot coffee in her lap, and now they have Caution: Hot Liquid or something of the sort on the coffee cups. I'm so bored I am going to check and see if the instructions say anything about water.
Rathrok

Oct 25, 2004, 11:07 AM
In every user cellular user manual it tells you that liquid damage is not covered under warranty. I suppose for the people with poor comprehension, they could interperut that as someone not telling them directly that you should not get your phone wet. 🙄
coldsteel

Oct 25, 2004, 11:53 AM
you're assuming they READ their manual. I'm at a call center, and 40% of calls to us could be solved by RTFM. 🤣
tequilasundae

Oct 28, 2004, 3:25 PM
RTFM...a new celular acronymn///if its what i think it is that is really hilarious...any other horror stories??
coldsteel

Oct 28, 2004, 8:23 PM
if you think it means Read The F*****G Manual, you're right.
disturbed1

Oct 28, 2004, 2:52 PM
Now those are the ones I don't mind dealing with. Monday I got a cust. who had lost her phone, genuinely admitted losing it, and wanted to know what to do. She had insurance so I helped her file the claim. I finally hear from the insurance company today...they denied her claim, coverage was expired. ☹️ So I call her to explain, all ready for her to bite MY head off for it. Her response was shocking. You could just hear her heart drop and all she asked was "what do I do?". Luckily for her she's eligible for an upgrade anyway, so I should see her later today. I wish more people were so understanding.
Rathrok

Oct 22, 2004, 11:22 AM
I've had a customer who had a liquid damaged phone, try to convince me that rain will not cause liquid damage. I just looked at the guy and asked, "is rain not a liquid?". Of course, the idiot said no... 🤣 I just walked away at that point and told him to "have a great day!". 🙄
starwarsgirl

Oct 22, 2004, 11:49 AM
I envy you all. I am SO not allowed to just walk away. Granted I'm on a phone with these freaks, but still. I would just love to go off on them.
ripley

Oct 22, 2004, 2:07 PM
i think that there should be a show on tv that puts these kinds of people on hidden camera. that would be so hilarious. they shold call it jackass

oh wait 🤣
starwarsgirl

Oct 22, 2004, 2:24 PM
they could make CRANK YANKERS episodes off the calls we deal with.
jobrien02

Oct 22, 2004, 3:59 PM
Ok, i like this one. We had a customer come in the other day and tell us that we had to warranty replace his phone. He said he called customer service up and they told him we would do this, no notes in his account, plus customer service couldn't even see the phone. Asked him what the problem was, he says his phone won't work- turn on, etc. So we do the standard open up the phone, check the battery and phone for water damage, etc. Well gee, the ENTIRE water indicator is BRIGHT RED! and so is the battery. We told the guy it had water damage, we weren't replacing it unless he paid MSRP for a new phone. He throws a fit, claiming his kid dropped it in the bathtub or toilet or something with water- AFTER he called the customer service desk....
(continues)
tequilasundae

Oct 30, 2004, 10:28 AM
we had a guy who kept calling to talk to "mr tony" (nos) in a heavy middle eastern accent, to complain about his roaming charges...he said he didn't understand that he couldn't go to New York and use his phone..(way outside our area)..that he didn't understand how roaming worked.(language barrier).. well being the great cust service people we are know to be..we asked him to bring his bill and we would see what we could do..sure enough he's middle eastern but his wife is caucasian..so were thinking he can't be that bad off on the language..then we call cust service and the rep tells us he called just before his trip to NY to ask if there WOULD be roaming charges.. 👿 he then tried to pull a fast one on us by feigning "i no speak english "...
(continues)
ShunAsa

Oct 31, 2004, 2:33 PM
we get that all the time when we start talking about a police report for a lost, stolen or unrecoverable phone. they just say "ok", "ok" to everything, go get a incident card and fax it in and claim they didn't understand.
jobrien02

Oct 23, 2004, 10:58 AM
Wish I could walk. *sigh* that must be nice. Or be able to hang up the phone on the customer, but as I work in a 10*10 box with a big stand thing in the middle of it, I have nowhere to walk to. Since they are in my face, I can't hang up on them either. They should really make mute buttons we can use on people. . . like tv remotes for customers.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.