Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Never mind...

Nikoletta

Apr 1, 2007, 3:39 PM
"Never mind, switch me back over to Customer Care, I want to cancel this line."

Why, you may ask, did he want to cancel a line of service?

Because he was going to have to pay $15 to replace a charger that had failed after almost two years of use.

Does he realize what a petulant little brat he sounds like?

What makes me mad is the fact that customer care is going to bend over and take it to keep this cheap little twit, probably give him a credit of $50 because he was inconvenienced by his relatively old charger breaking down and the mean lady in accessories telling him he had to actually pay to replace it.
jalanjalaning

Apr 1, 2007, 3:45 PM
i had someone come up to my kiosk and ask me if it's true that he could get "almost anything he wanted" by making a big fuss on the phone with customer care... i wanted to ask him where he got that information and then crush him and the source... they act like this because they think it will get them something for nothing... i would rather maintain my status as a decent human being rather than act like a prick to save money on a new battery that i should take no issue in paying for anyway...
alejandro

Apr 1, 2007, 6:23 PM
companies actually rate customers by how often they call in for things and get credits on their account, i don't know the kinds of things your company does for customers, but i at least know a couple companies actually grade their customers on a scale.
UOQuack

Apr 2, 2007, 12:53 PM
This is true. My brother used to pull stuff like this with Verizon on a fairly regular basis. He would literally tell me "time to call VZW and complain about something so I get a credit." But one time he called in to do this, and they told him his account was noted as having had lots of credits and such, and they would only give him anymore credits if he agreed to a 1 yr extension at a higher rate plan, something like that. That was the end of his little game.
SarahJo

Apr 2, 2007, 12:56 PM
Ha. Sucker.
chocolateman85006

Apr 2, 2007, 1:11 PM
That sucks!
Nikoletta

Apr 3, 2007, 4:38 PM
My brother and I were talking about how many companies have a tally of your overall customer value... that determines what you can get as far as upgrade discounts and rate plan breaks. (Which is likely why when I went over on my text messaging the nice young lady credited them to me even though I did not ask her to and had no intention of asking her to... we used the messages and we knew we did.)

Please correct me if I'm wrong but according to him (when he was selling Cingular service) Cingular grades based on a number of things including: how long you've been a customer, how much you pay every month, when you last upgraded... and then they look at when you use your minutes. If you use tons of minutes on nights and weekends and on your ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.