Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 26 replies

Reps who can't take the heat (very long..need to vent)

cilvzwagent

Mar 29, 2007, 3:20 PM
So we have this customer. They upgraded 3 phones, and added a new line with us back in January. They had 15 Day Return/Exchange period. They were kinda griping about their phones within the first week, I offered to exchange them out, they only did one phone. Now here we are almost 3 months later and now they want the other 3 replaced because the phones aren't working correctly, "and haven't been since day one". ((Side note: ever get tired of customers who expect you to bend the rules just cuz it's been like this for day one, but they never came back with it until day 120??)) I offer to do the warranty repair/replacement, and that's just not good enough! They expect us to replace the phones that they bought for nothing.

The phones...
(continues)
krickt

Mar 29, 2007, 3:25 PM
I have had only 3 people in 3 years do this kind of thing to me. We won't service them, won't renew, won't do anything for them. We send them to the corporate store 30 miles away. If you leave foot prints on my back, keep walking, I don't want you in here again.
cilvzwagent

Mar 29, 2007, 3:37 PM
Well, I did my last part of Customer service for this lady. I transferred the service and her phonebooks to the new phones. Now her warranty is no longer in my hands, it's up to VZW Directly. She can trot her happy self 45 mins south of me and deal with the ever so "gracious" reps that are at that corporate location.

I forgot to mention the funniest part of the story, one of her new phones, wouldn't OTA.... And yet, this store is the one ripping her off.

Im waiting for something to go wrong, and her want our help. Looking forward to giving her a big stern NO!
krickt

Mar 29, 2007, 3:41 PM
Amen. Use your big manly muscles and point the direction of the corporate store. "The beach is That a way" lol.....
acthrellis

Apr 2, 2007, 12:47 PM
🤣
phonemechanic

Mar 29, 2007, 3:43 PM
Hmm..instead of a big stern 'NO', how bout a nice little labor rate or say...um....$150/hr? If she wants to b!tch about getting ripped off, maybe that'll teach her what getting ripped off really means 😈
krickt

Mar 29, 2007, 3:45 PM
lol, I can't do that, but I wouldn't have done the phone book transfers either. Well, maybe, if only to get her out of the store.
phonemechanic

Mar 29, 2007, 3:47 PM
Haha! Phone book transfers - $35 per phone and she has to leave the phones with you for 20 minutes to do so. Maybe I'm going to hell for it but when a customer is nice to me, I'll bend over backwards to help them out, but if they want to be a prick about things, then it's price gouge city!! 😈 😈
cilvzwagent

Mar 29, 2007, 3:53 PM
I did the phonebook transfers only because it was from a phone that we sold her that wasn't working out for her. From here on out, she can go to corporate. They can have her. Heck, I'd do a song and dance if she switched carriers too....cuz then I wouldn't have to worry about her coming back......well until she realized that her new service sucks...
kapwww

Mar 29, 2007, 4:31 PM
Amen...again...
kapwww

Mar 29, 2007, 4:29 PM
Amen. See my poster earlier. Corp bends over way too easily and they'll ask us to do it, but they won't pay us for it...therefore....I won't do it. It's a shame. On top of that, I fix more corporate mistakes out of my agent store than corporate has to fix for me.
cilvzwagent

Mar 29, 2007, 5:52 PM
Isn't it funny? The amount of customers that wander in to our agent locations all mad because the rep on the phone put this or that on their account, and they didn't want it? I always love looking back at them and saying "That's the beauty of coming into the store. You will receive a copy of everything I do today, and if anything else shows up suddenly, this is your proof of what is supposed to be there" They always look at me like I'm a Saint. In the 2 years I've been manager here, I've only had one dispute on an account. A customer said he told us to put insurance on his account, and I had a signed form from him showing I did offer it, and he declined it.
craptacularwireless

Mar 29, 2007, 6:33 PM
I bet he said it wasn't his signature on that paper.
sweetsoprano

Mar 29, 2007, 5:57 PM
I feel your pain...I deal with this on some level quite often. It really irritates me because it makes me look incompetent. All I do is my job. If the customer is nice to me and pays on time, I will call whoever on their behalf and try to work something out, but if they call with attitude from the door, forget it. You catch more flies with honey...
ima_gn0me

Mar 29, 2007, 6:06 PM
I feel your pain!!!

Been there done that...Customers are often arseclowns.
krickt

Mar 30, 2007, 10:01 AM
I had one call in yesterday, it was a first for me!

Custie on phone: Hiya! I heard you can reprogram my phone for me!

Me: Most of the time, what is it you need done?

Custie: I bought my Razr with version 1 bt, and now I need it upgraded to version 2.

Me: I can't do that. I don't think that's a programming issue, it's a hardware issue.

Custie: The corporate store said you could.

Me: If there was such a program to do such a thing, your best bet is a corporate store.

Custie: They said that in your town (tiny little thing) the guy at RadioShack fixes televisions and cellphones.

Me: No, we never have.

Custie: Well, maybe the guy who owned it before?

Me: That would be my dad, and no, he's never fixed a TV in his...
(continues)
frankiewawa

Apr 2, 2007, 9:18 AM
Haha.............WOW. Don't people just surprise you everyday? Makes you wonder how these people reproduce and WHY?
krickt

Apr 2, 2007, 10:22 AM
The reproduce because it's the one part of their body that will function without the brain. And the why is because nobody has checked the list out. You know the one we all keep. (or should keep) It's the list of people that shouldn't be allowed to procreate or even masturbate!
acthrellis

Apr 2, 2007, 12:51 PM
AMEN. 😳
M15TER P1NK

Apr 1, 2007, 10:35 PM
Heres a thought that you prolly already had but ima put it out there just in case...

Say you had done EXACTLY what your corperate office did for her when she first started complaining at the store level... how likeley is it that in a month some auditor pulls up that transaction and brings it to corperates attention... then the EXACT same person that authorised the swap is calling your RM who calls your DM who is forced to write you up for "Breaking Company Policy"... its really my only gripe about being in the wireless buisness...

You break the rules to handle it your wrong...

Corperate gets a hold of it they are "fixing your mistake"

and now that customer thinks you just didnt try hard enough and now she thinks she has to go run...
(continues)
SarahJo

Apr 2, 2007, 9:21 AM
A lot of the supervisors here are like that.

They don't want to hear the screaming so they cave in.
chocolateman85006

Apr 2, 2007, 10:06 AM
I just hate that different supervisors in our job will tell ya different things for the same situation.
SarahJo

Apr 2, 2007, 10:24 AM
Agreed. You can ask one question, and 3 superviors, and you'll get 5 different answers.
chocolateman85006

Apr 2, 2007, 12:12 PM
Yeah. It depends on their mood, more or less.
SarahJo

Apr 2, 2007, 12:29 PM
Or "Does she sound hot?" 😛

Just kidding!... 👀
chocolateman85006

Apr 2, 2007, 1:32 PM
🤣 that is true.
Cymballistix86

Apr 2, 2007, 12:26 PM
Shoot her. 😎

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.