Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Is this Legit?

lavrnius maximus

Apr 1, 2007, 6:30 PM
REMINDER....12 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls.

.....YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time.
It blocks your number for five (5) years.
You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked.
You cannot call from a different phone number.
HE LP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.
It take about 20 seconds.

OR

go to

https://www.donotcall.gov/default »
Enamored777

Apr 1, 2007, 6:34 PM
yah. that's the # for telemarketing.

another good number to call is (88๐Ÿ˜Ž567-8688. that one blocks cc companies from sending you cc applications, aka they leave you alone altogeather pretty much. completely legit.
M15TER P1NK

Apr 1, 2007, 10:05 PM
cant be... because ive had telemarketers get ahold of my cell number before... id instantly ask to speak to a manager for a reembursment check for the minutes they had wasted on my phone... and got them... best $0.45 - $1.50 checks ive ever cashed... telemarketers simply are not allowed to call a cell and if they do they have to reemburse you.
krickt

Apr 2, 2007, 12:05 PM
I'd call this semi legit, considering I got this email myself about 2 years ago, it's not new. You can put your cell on a dnc list.

Our store phone (the one paid for by USCC) get's automated sales calls all the time, but none of us ever do.
cellsellphones

Apr 2, 2007, 11:22 AM
No. The only way your number is going to get out there is if that's the number you put down for loans, credit cards, ect. Besides, it's a cell phone company decision. So if Verizon decided to, doesn't mean all of them will. It's a scam.
alejandro

Apr 2, 2007, 12:07 PM
Don't do it. The do not call list is a sham for cell phones because the companies dont sell the number. you are putting yourself putting on a "Do Call" list for "charities" and politicians whoring calls when election seasons come around.
Cymballistix86

Apr 2, 2007, 12:29 PM
Paranoid much? ๐Ÿคจ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.