Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Our Society

jruel

Mar 24, 2007, 6:33 PM
What is wrong with this world that we have to sell phones to. This following scenario happens to me all to often.

A female customer comes in and purchases a new activation. She buys the phone chooses a plan and is very happy and satisfied. Then later in the day she returns with her phone in the bag and a look of defeat saying she wants to return the phone. I ask if there is a problem with the phone or service and she responds No. So I get curious and ask the reason she is returning the phone and this response occurs every time
"My husband/boyfriend came home and was not happy that I bought the phone and told me to return it."
Ok. . . There is nothing I can really say to that one. Im just wondering how the hell this happens and if an...
(continues)
sklstr8

Mar 24, 2007, 6:54 PM
Reason #357 Why the institution of marriage is wrong
Enamored777

Mar 24, 2007, 6:59 PM
.357 isn't that a revolver? tiiiight!
not2brite

Mar 24, 2007, 7:00 PM
No, it's a malt beverage...
katrina

Mar 26, 2007, 4:45 PM
No thats colt 45
Enamored777

Mar 24, 2007, 7:03 PM
we get that but its normally the husband who goes out and gets the phone, then comes back to our store with his balls tucked between his legs saying the "boss" didn't approve of him making these kind of decisions without her 🤣 🤣 🤣 women are taking over everything, i'm kinda worried about all these chicks wearing the pants 😕
alejandro

Mar 24, 2007, 7:05 PM
Finally, a woman who knows her place.
yellowandblack

Mar 24, 2007, 10:40 PM
I had a girl come in and buy a boost phone one day...totally normal sale. Then like 15 minutes later the girl comes back with a middle aged woman who is say stuff like "you can't do this without us" and "we're going to talk to your father about thing" and the best one was "you KNOW you're not supposed to make phone calls without our permission!". The girl was like 25 years old! The mother made her return the phone and the girl was crying the whole time. I felt so bad but the return was totally valid... ☹️
Derek0550

Mar 24, 2007, 11:12 PM
that is a shame...hahahaha 25 years old??? 🤣
Enamored777

Mar 25, 2007, 2:55 PM
ya right, that doesn't sound legit what-so-ever. i'm guessing at age 25 she's free to do whatever she pleases. i propose that she was probably using her mother for a false scenario to why she couldn't keep the phone. they are just really good bullsh!t artists. they knew you'd feel bad/have pitty and be outa there with the return, hassle free 😁
yellowandblack

Mar 26, 2007, 10:18 AM
um obviously not. just because she's a legal adult and the eyes of the law doesn't mean her parents fee that way. i know the type exactly, the poor kid is so sheltered that the parents control every bit of their lives it. and obviously this girl stretches for a little bit of freedom and was smacked down. and what do they have to gain from returning an unopened boost phone? they just get the exact same amount of money back. i wouldn't have hassled then anyway because the package wasn't opened. say what you want but i'll never forget the look on that poor girl's face.
krickt

Mar 26, 2007, 10:36 AM
I had a similar thing happen except the wife was 75 and the husband was 95. She came back into the store crying about how her husband didn't want to have anything to do with technology and definitely didn't want her to have ANYTHING in her name. We did the return, with me telling her that when the time came, she could come back and try again. She thanked me and left.

4 months later he was dead. She sold everything he owned, bought a duplex (with the rental paying her own housepayment), bought a car (lexus) and got a razr with all the techie accesories. I thought she looked 10 years younger and she was so happy!

That's my favorite one. I have had dozens of kids (19+) get phones and then have the parents try to return them (wit...
(continues)
UOQuack

Mar 26, 2007, 4:27 PM
That's what restocking fees are for!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.