Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Disasters

StarryNight

Mar 22, 2007, 3:58 PM
Yes, another rant about children:

I HATE it when customers come into the store and let their kids play with our demo phones. They're all live, active phones, and they're all tethered to the wall with a pretty strong retractible cord.

There's a kid in the store right now, and his dad is paying ABSOLUTELY no attention to what he's doing, so in between rubbing his greasy fingers on our recently windex-ed cases, is yanking our i870 off the wall and pulling it down and playing with it.

In my head, i am envisioning that phone snapping back onto the wall with all it's might and: A) hearing the kid's screams echoing throughout the store and B) smashing the hell out of our ($450!!!) phone.

Don't get me wrong, kids are great, but keep th...
(continues)
goodbyejack

Mar 23, 2007, 9:03 AM
AMEN! I hate it when that happens too. And I especially hate it when teenage girls come into the store and take their pictures and put them as the wallpaper on ALL the phones. It angers me when me and the other co-workers take time out of our day to put up Christmas wallpaper at Christmas time and have some stupid teenie bobber come in and plaster her face all over every phone in the store. Uggh, dont even get me started
DJ Parkay

Mar 25, 2007, 12:20 PM
Or your creepy co-worker that sends the pics to his own phone from the demo units...
UOQuack

Mar 23, 2007, 10:00 AM
What I dont understand is why so many store employees allow the children to run wild. It's really simple, if they are out of control, say something to the child. If they continue, ask the adult to control the child so it doesnt get hurt or break something that they will have to pay for. If the behavior continues, inform the adult you will be unable to help them any further until they control their child, and if necessary ask them to leave the premises. If you are polite, have a smile on your face when you talk, and understanding about "how difficult it is to raise a child", you will never get to the point of having to ask them to leave. Works for me every time. Still, I am amazed at the way some parents allow their children to behave. ...
(continues)
acthrellis

Mar 23, 2007, 10:02 AM
AMEN
UOQuack

Mar 23, 2007, 10:16 AM
methinks I know you.....
StarryNight

Mar 23, 2007, 10:06 AM
If it's my customer, i usually use the "I just don't want your child to get hurt" statement, and that helps for sure, but some kids are just too much...you can tell they get whatever they want and mommy doesn't have the balls to say "no" and actually back it up.

Too bad there isn't a screening process for parenting. That would solve a lot of the world's problems, I have a feeling.

This particular incident, my store manager was helping the "parent in question" so I just sat quietly in the back of the store and observed...
acthrellis

Mar 23, 2007, 10:21 AM
I was in the checkout line in wal-mart once, and there was a kid behind me pulling my hair. Not like a baby, like a 10-year old. So I looked at the mother like if she didn't stop him I was going to chew her arm off but she just smiled. So I waited a minute.. and the kid put gum in my hair. And at the time my hair was long enough to touch my butt, so I was pissed. I turned around and screamed as loud as I could in the kids face, making sure that there was some flying spit to top it off. He started crying and I told him to shut up cuz he was a spoiled little brat blah blah blah and his mom got mad and told me what a horrible person I am blah blah blah I said I'll woop your fat behind blah blah blah who's gonna pay to get my hair fixed bl...
(continues)
biscuit

Mar 23, 2007, 11:25 AM
I don't think you have anger issues at all. That is probably one of the worst 'bad child' story I have ever heard. If I ever saw my son even touch a stranger he would get in trouble. That mom was definitely a POS. Did your hair come out okay? I am pretty defense of my hair too!
acthrellis

Mar 23, 2007, 11:39 AM
I had to cut about 5 inches off.

I don't mind like a baby touching you as long as they don't grab your fun parts. cuz babies are babies. they don't know any better. but a kid who is practically a teenager? I seriously thought about "spanking" that kid right there. 😈 ..yeah..
Derek0550

Mar 24, 2007, 9:00 PM
"I seriously thought about "spanking" that kid right there. ..yeah.."

Acthrellis, you are halarious. hahahaha

I have a 6mo and a 2 yr old and if Deanna(2yrold) did something like that, I definetly wouldn't let her do it again. I would just move the cart so that she can't touch anything like I usually have to do. Plus she swallows all her gum anyway?!? 👀
Nikoletta

Mar 25, 2007, 12:44 PM
My friend/coworker type person and I were at a restaurant waiting in line to get lunch and this couple had about 6 kids with them, all running wild around the front end, getting soda everywhere (I remember the second youngest was trying to get his soda himself and he was like 4 so you can imagine how that worked out.) They were pushing past people and running under the ropes that mark the line (you know, the 'maze')...

Finally one of the boys shoved right between the two of us and tripped over my foot (I swear it was not deliberate.) and fell flat on his face... it was really hard to feel sorry for the kid when he was acting like such a little hellion.
Enamored777

Mar 25, 2007, 3:15 PM
Hahaha thats funny đŸ¤Ŗ

I was in line at McDonnalds on my lunch break once, and some little kid (4-5 yrs old) walked in front of me drinking his soda... He wasn't paying attention to where he was going, and I wasn't paying attention to him neither. Needless to say he tripped over my foot, his drink FLEW into the air, and he cracked his head on the tile. I covered up my name tag and walked away laughing. It's sadistic, but was still funny as fk to me đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ
goodbyejack

Mar 23, 2007, 10:32 AM
No SIR - I said something to a child one day, and the mother of the child tried to get me fired. She told me that I had no right to tell her child what to do, and she nearly got me fired.
UOQuack

Mar 23, 2007, 11:08 AM
Well it all depends on how you say it, your attitude, your words, your body language. But I'd say if you handled yourself appropriately and your boss didnt back you up you need to find a new job.
jestcuzzgrl

Mar 23, 2007, 10:28 AM
☚ī¸ I have a 3 yr old and he is a brat. Some kids you cannot control. My husband was even there and I had to have him get on to him. Usually if he act up he goes in the car and waits there with daddy.
I don't like smacking him in public when he throws a fit. 👀
usccgangsta

Mar 23, 2007, 10:58 AM
i would rather have strangers think that i beat my children because i discipline them in public than for people to think that I am incapable parent because I can't control my child.
acthrellis

Mar 23, 2007, 11:07 AM
I agree. I got beat with whatever was in reach and I was definitely behaved. I turned out okay. I think. đŸ˜ŗ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.