Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 40 replies

I was just informed...

computerking

Mar 3, 2007, 4:42 PM
that Cingular (At&t) IS GOING to buy US Cellular by a customer.

Of course I had no clue what I was talking about when I stated this is not going to happen and would pose no benefit to an already crappy company (cingy/at&t).
chainsaw

Mar 3, 2007, 4:44 PM
I used to not like cingular that much(and i sell it and use it). But I have come around. I think we offer a lot of good packages and coverage where I live is great! Now sprint on the other hand. Thats a crappy company.
Willwise

Mar 3, 2007, 6:43 PM
I disagree Sprints Plans are better than cingy. coverage is better. With the exception of the iphone the phones are just as cool. In fact I fail to see how cingy beats sprint in any way.
Q_Q_Q

Mar 3, 2007, 6:45 PM
with the iphone comes the sad realization that a phone is no longer a phone
katrina

Mar 9, 2007, 5:45 PM
Its also sideburns and shoes and a razor and a trapoline and an iron and (etc...)
Q_Q_Q

Mar 9, 2007, 7:21 PM
damn sounds like it comes with everything except the kitchen sink..... or is that coming in an upgrade soon?? 🤣
raycarroll70

Mar 3, 2007, 7:06 PM
We are the only national wireless carrier to offer nights and weekends starting at 7 pm for free with the option to buy up to 6 pm for $5. We also bring the office outside the office with the largest and fastest broadband network for our customers to stay wireless productive while on the go which is why more businesses choose Sprint for their wireless solutions.
MrAbstracto

Mar 3, 2007, 7:11 PM
...Plus you get support from raycarroll70 😉
raycarroll70

Mar 3, 2007, 7:12 PM
I'll second that motion! 😁
MrAbstracto

Mar 3, 2007, 7:18 PM
🤣
frankiewawa

Mar 5, 2007, 9:31 AM
To be a 'phonescoop' Sprint troll? 😎 😉
ralph_on_me

Mar 5, 2007, 10:51 AM
I port in Sprint personal and business customers by the dozen here. They can't hold a call for more than five minutes.

Where is "here"? North Dallas. That's pretty sad.
ima_gn0me

Mar 8, 2007, 6:57 PM
You watch too many Sprint commercials. 🙄
MrAbstracto

Mar 8, 2007, 7:05 PM
Get back to the lounge!
not2brite

Mar 3, 2007, 7:30 PM
NARY A ONE i-Phone has been sold by Cingular/at&t...

Can't claim to have a cool phone that you don't have...
krickt

Mar 5, 2007, 10:47 AM
Amen, did you see SNL the other night? They were doing a "news clip" on the iphone, telling everything it did and how wonderful it was. The punchline was "What about battery life?" The answer: "About twenty minutes." I thought that was cute.
frankiewawa

Mar 5, 2007, 9:28 AM
HahahahahHA............ 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

That you for making my morning. 😎
Willwise

Mar 8, 2007, 6:01 PM
I know I'd much rather have the same plan with no open internet from my phone and my nights starting later and a company that makes false claims of having fewest dropped calls. I guess that is a lot better when you figure in that cingulars broadband connect is much slower than sprints rev a i guess with all those things considered cingular is much better.
frankiewawa

Mar 8, 2007, 6:16 PM
Im just going off my personal experience. I started off with sprint, then had a cingular dealer line, then ported my sprint number to verizon. I had alot more coverage with vzw/cing than i did with sprint. those are the facts boiii
Willwise

Mar 8, 2007, 9:42 PM
yes those are some of the facts but not all of them. In 2006 sprint spent more money than any other carrier expanding their coverage. We added several roaming partners and have the largest calling area spanning 256 million people. and those are all the facts boii.
frankiewawa

Mar 9, 2007, 9:14 AM
Yeah Sprint spent all that money because vzw and cingy didn't need to drop billions on upgrades/towers. They had them already. 😎
chillininnc23

Mar 9, 2007, 9:24 AM
Sprint is better than cingular!! 😎
StarryNight

Mar 9, 2007, 10:05 AM
Perhaps Cingular should drop some money into their network and expand coverage to cover Vermont! Not that I mind less competition, but honestly, for a network that brags so much, they've completely ommited my state.
chillininnc23

Mar 9, 2007, 10:07 AM
Sprint has service out there!
ralph_on_me

Mar 9, 2007, 10:41 AM
Where is Vermont again?
chillininnc23

Mar 9, 2007, 10:41 AM
Um its a state in the northeast.
ralph_on_me

Mar 9, 2007, 10:45 AM
Northeast US, right?
frankiewawa

Mar 10, 2007, 6:20 PM
You need to get off vermonts nuts. It's a very small portion of the U.S. population. They don't need to drop a ton of money in to a state where they probably will not see a profit from to even make it worth while.
ralph_on_me

Mar 9, 2007, 10:52 AM
I think you're drinking the company kool-aid there man. EVDO rev anything cannot beat HSDPA. HSPA+ is so fast you'll probably deficate in your shorts. POP coverage also does not equal native coverage. How many of those awesome power vision features work while roaming?
StarryNight

Mar 9, 2007, 12:23 PM
All of them....
Willwise

Mar 10, 2007, 4:48 PM
Thank you although in a couple of months. we won't need to roam soon everything will be rev a and than we start the upgrade to wimax how does cingy compare to that?
ralph_on_me

Mar 10, 2007, 5:14 PM
HSDPA and HSPA+. What are the wimax speeds?
StarryNight

Mar 9, 2007, 12:23 PM
Are you guys for real?

I thought they tought basic US geography in the third grade....

But I know, we're tiny. I've actually had people ask me if it's a town in upstate NY before...

But YES Sprint/Nextel has BY FAR the best coverage in this state. Pretty crazy, huh? And the only other carriers here are Verizon and Unicell.
Willwise

Mar 10, 2007, 4:53 PM
If cingulars fewest dropped calls is so great. why do the keep the leading indpendant reaserch company so secret as you will read in this link the company did not want to be named probalby becuase they use faulty reasrch tools and cannot provide liable info.

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2006/04/23/t ... »
ima_gn0me

Mar 8, 2007, 6:56 PM
Did you just say Sprint's coverage is better then Cingular's?

That's great. 🤣
deeterman

Mar 9, 2007, 12:35 PM
take into account we do not charge for roaming so it is better than cings
chainsaw

Mar 3, 2007, 8:38 PM
IF sprint is so great why are their financial figures/churn/gross adds so poor?
Enamored777

Mar 10, 2007, 5:39 PM
Ohhh what?! RACE WAR, Hey Everybody RACE War RACE WAR!!! hahaha last nights southpark was f-in funny 🤣
sweetsoprano

Mar 3, 2007, 5:35 PM
Yeah, OK. 🙄
ajstrong

Mar 3, 2007, 5:44 PM
man, I wish I believed my customers as much . . . I had a customer tell me that her phone was fine . . . then I saw water behind the screen, and the phone wouldn't turn on. Turns out she was BSing.
krickt

Mar 5, 2007, 10:44 AM
That's hilarious. I've had customers saying that back when they were ATT the first time. It's almost as good as US cingular one as a company.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.