Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 41 replies

wireless aircards cause birth defects

fourtwentyand1

Feb 24, 2007, 12:36 AM
according to page 91 of the user guide to the new pantech px-500 wireless aircard the company states:

"This product contains a chemical known to the state of california to cause cancer.

This product contains a chemical known to the state of california to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm"
Hombre07

Feb 24, 2007, 12:37 AM
Known to the state of California, woo hoo. Remember cell phones also put microwaves in your brain. And cause cancer. And tumors. And anything else than can come up with to bitch about.
fourtwentyand1

Feb 24, 2007, 12:38 AM
seriously this is in the pantech user guide
Hombre07

Feb 24, 2007, 1:20 AM
I absolutely believe you, it's so stupid I'm sure California required it be in there.
krickt

Feb 24, 2007, 10:24 AM
There are chemicals in almost all electronics that cause cancer. If you crack them open, melt them down and ingest them. California has some pretty ridiculous lableing requirements.
captainplooky

Feb 24, 2007, 1:55 PM
Yeah...

Their standards are so ridiculuous that more often then not other states follow their lead, and it often becomes Federal law.

Less Faux News mkay?
SprintKadjar

Feb 24, 2007, 9:48 PM
Bwaahahahhaha!

Most excellent post, and a sharp eye. Commendation on both.

I printed it out and put it on my manager's desk with a big skull & crossbones. Can't wait to see her face in the morning.
😈
mallbound

Feb 24, 2007, 11:58 AM
So the moral of the story is to not eat your aircard because it causes birth defects? Hmm, good advice. I'll have to remember that next time I forget to bring my lunch to work
krickt

Feb 24, 2007, 12:16 PM
I know.... Kind of a "here's your sign" moment!
captainplooky

Feb 24, 2007, 1:56 PM
As long as you handing it out to yourself, I'm forced to agree.
junglemassive

Feb 24, 2007, 1:17 PM
It's because it contains parts made with lead. CA requires that warning on any product containing lead. Check your most recently purchased piece of electronics. Somewhere it will have that same warning, usually on a tag on the electric cord.
krickt

Feb 24, 2007, 1:20 PM
Yup! Among other things. There is also a trace of Dioxin and other things. But you would have to, again, boil the parts down, and then strain off liquids and probably do that several times before you could get enough to do any damage.
captainplooky

Feb 24, 2007, 2:00 PM
Do you feel the same way about the Dioxin presnet in your shampoo and other cosmetic related products?
krickt

Feb 26, 2007, 1:26 PM
Yes, actually I do. The likelyhood of something untoward happening to me by way of my shampoo is so small compared to the likelyhood of getting killed in a car crash, that I don't worry about it at all. If I worried about all the tiny little chance of something bad happening to me, I wouldn't have time to watch my kids play ball or be part of my friends and families lives.

You, my friend, besides being insulting and miniscule, are exactly the kind of person they were talking about on that 20/20 episode I was talking about. And are therefore not worth worrying with or about.
alejandro

Feb 26, 2007, 1:51 PM
are you sure plooky was on 20/20, are you sure it wasnt dateline?
DigAHole

Feb 26, 2007, 1:51 PM
krickt said:
Yes, actually I do. The likelyhood of something untoward happening to me by way of my shampoo is so small compared to the likelyhood of getting killed in a car crash, that I don't worry about it at all. If I worried about all the tiny little chance of something bad happening to me, I wouldn't have time to watch my kids play ball or be part of my friends and families lives.

You, my friend, besides being insulting and miniscule, are exactly the kind of person they were talking about on that 20/20 episode I was talking about. And are therefore not worth worrying with or about.

I think you meant likelihood.

Also, I know this post is quite minuscule, but I thou...
(continues)
alejandro

Feb 26, 2007, 1:58 PM
are you defending the plooky?! and using something as small as spelling to do so? i don't think i like you anymore.
DigAHole

Feb 26, 2007, 1:59 PM
No, she called me out on the way I misspelled conceited one hungover morning.

I'm just jabbing her back.
alejandro

Feb 26, 2007, 2:03 PM
still, it can be mistaken for support for the plooky given the thread.
krickt

Feb 26, 2007, 2:04 PM
lol... And I just mispelled a word, it still meant the same thing, dig spelled another word correctly and used it to mean something completly different. But it's all good. I can take a little ribbing.
DigAHole

Feb 26, 2007, 2:08 PM
My apologies...
alejandro

Feb 26, 2007, 2:26 PM
just don't let it happen again, or you will have to answer to the nuts.
krickt

Feb 26, 2007, 2:03 PM
I can take it, alej, it's okay. I prefer that to plooky any day. And I expect it, I should have hit the spellchecker button, but I was in a hurry to deal with a custy.
alejandro

Feb 26, 2007, 2:04 PM
still, the plooky-beast is ever watching and ever vigilant
krickt

Feb 26, 2007, 2:02 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it.
DigAHole

Feb 26, 2007, 2:09 PM
No problem
krickt

Feb 26, 2007, 2:31 PM
🤣
captainplooky

Feb 26, 2007, 3:21 PM
Interesting position.

Especially when one considers dioxins, along with some others, are the most toxic substances known to man.

Product safety has taken a backseat to increasing stock value and product shelf-life.
fourtwentyand1

Feb 26, 2007, 3:25 PM
i eat poop cause it's all organic
robtheman

Feb 26, 2007, 3:26 PM
And eating from a plastic dish can cause cancer. What's your point?
fourtwentyand1

Feb 26, 2007, 3:49 PM
what about eating poop from a plastic bowl
fallen552

Feb 26, 2007, 7:56 PM
disintery
PhoneHero

Feb 25, 2007, 2:15 PM
😁
jungle queen

Feb 25, 2007, 3:07 PM
i bought a usc porcelin mug from lax last time i was flying and when i looked at the bottom it had the same warning

This product contains a chemical known to the state of california to cause cancer.

This product contains a chemical known to the state of california to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm
Ask The Shack

Feb 26, 2007, 1:02 PM
Junglemassive beat me to the punch. It contains led that's in the antenna I believe.
satch of the moe

Feb 26, 2007, 2:47 PM
it also causes defects in trailer park kids.
alejandro

Feb 26, 2007, 3:03 PM
that may have something to do with the fact that their family tree looks more like a ladder
satch of the moe

Feb 26, 2007, 3:06 PM
lol. plus you get other retards in other trailers. that's why tornados are a good things to destory the retards
fourtwentyand1

Feb 26, 2007, 3:09 PM
thats not nice tornados have other uses too
fourtwentyand1

Feb 26, 2007, 2:59 PM
man becomes pregnant while looking at adult sites while using his sprint aircard
krickt

Feb 26, 2007, 3:09 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Okay, I can't stop laughing.....
DJ Parkay

Feb 26, 2007, 7:56 PM
😁
If it has a battery that is other than disposeable it will say that. It has absolutely noting to do with radio waves or it being a cellphone. In fact almost everything electronic has some component that is made of carcinogens (that means cancer causing for you dumba$$es).

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.