Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Moisture Indicator??

HolmesSPH

Sep 20, 2004, 11:55 AM
😛
I am a VZW Sales Rep for about 3 months now, and today I read some posts which talked about a Moisture (liquid) Indicator under the battery. Can any one give me more info on this and where I can find it, or is it different for each phone???
Thanks
Partigirl

Sep 20, 2004, 12:51 PM
I am a CSR and from what I know is the LG phones 4400 and up have it in the battery. I have not seen any other manufacturer's have them. Way back in the day's (90's) the Nokia's did have them but I have not seen them do any in quite a while. Hopefully that will help you. 😁
HolmesSPH

Sep 20, 2004, 3:02 PM
Thanks!

When I look at an indicator, what will it look like to let me know it's been wet?

😁
BrianJ

Sep 20, 2004, 3:16 PM
On an LG battery (and some of their phones) it has a small round hole with red x's on a white background. If the x's are smeared or if it looks pink instead of white - LG will not honor the warranty on that battery (or phone). Kyocera phones have a red and white checkerboard design on the edge of the sticker that has the serial numbers on it. Same thing - if it turns pink or is obviously smeared because of moisture - good bye warranty. Audiovox phones & batteries have a small white strip on the bottom - and if they are red or pink - they have had moisture on them. Hope this helps.
justpeachy

Sep 20, 2004, 3:48 PM
Nokia batteries also have a white spot at the end, that have a red like through the middle- if its solid red/pink then it's been water damaged
maelstrom

Oct 1, 2004, 11:48 PM
on nec 515 and 525 gsms it is red dots that smear
Acedith

Oct 21, 2004, 11:20 AM
anything about samsung?
jobrien02

Oct 22, 2004, 4:05 PM
Samsung A680 has little circle with x's over it that are purple. I'm guessing they smear? Haven't seen a water damaged one of these yet lol.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.