Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Durable Phone

EnterTheWu78

Jan 14, 2007, 3:53 AM
"whats your most durable phone?" I used to think this was an ok question, and any easy one to answer with a BS response but now I'm getting sick and tired of hearing it. 👿

TAKE CARE OF YOUR PHONE AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT DURABILITY!!! 😳

We have phones with cameras, bluetooth, e-mail, web browsing, etc... We don't carry phones that you can pee on, poop on, throw against the wall, bite, chew, eat, mangle. So stop asking!
AdamLP1111

Jan 14, 2007, 10:34 AM
The question that I hate the most is "Which phone has the loudest ringer?" "What ringtones come on the phone?" and my all-time favorite, "Can I finance this phone or do I have to pay for the phone up front?"
Nikoletta

Jan 14, 2007, 1:21 PM
I hate that one... no you cannot finance anything. We have the ability to bill to accounts here so we can put the cost of the accessories on the customers bill and they are always asking if they have to pay it all at once or if they can stretch it over their bills. Sure, tell you what, we'll send the bluetooth headset out in parts, you get as much of it was you pay for... you pay half, I'll chop the little bugger in half, once you pay the rest you get the other half of the headset... sounds fair to me.

I have asked about which phone is more durable in the past though, because I had a phone that the screen went dead on in the first year and I didn't want to have another problem phone. I am not that hard on phones but I still want a rep ...
(continues)
monkeyracer

Jan 14, 2007, 4:12 PM
okay devils advocate here:
Sprint Sanyo 7300 was "designed to be abused" with rubber around the edges, harder scratch resistant plastic, etc. but i've seen so many of those back with the infamous sanyo hinge issue.

This is why this question is loaded, there are some that are designed to be handled less delicately. but if you are in need of a phone to abuse, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE buy insurance. And understand that you will probably be back in 4 months needing a new one.
Hayate

Jan 14, 2007, 1:22 PM
I love how they ask for the most durable phone and when you show them a barebones phone with minimal features that's really durable (like the 6010 or something) they start asking for an MP3 player or camera phone.
Nikoletta

Jan 14, 2007, 2:02 PM
The one time I asked for the most durable phone (and my friend who once asked the same) I didn't give a rip WHAT it did... I just wanted a phone that could place and receive calls and NOT crap out on me. Now it's different but I research what is out there before I start so I know what I want now... back then I had no clue and didn't care anyways, just a phone.
monkeyracer

Jan 14, 2007, 4:15 PM
unfortunately this is how most people are when they come into the store, nobody does any research about what they are about to be tied to for two years (understand if it's a short term purchase) if one more percent of people did this, there'd be one percent ledd threads in this forum...
kapwww

Jan 15, 2007, 11:03 AM
I agree, but at the same time, our job (at least as in-store sales reps) is to help them pick a phone through asking the right questions. The problem continues to be that they either have no clue what they want, they don't listen at all to what we say, or they think they know what they want but their thought is based on misinformation.
craptacularwireless

Jan 15, 2007, 2:33 PM
Or marketing.
DJ Parkay

Jan 14, 2007, 2:33 PM
I want a phone I can vomit and piss all over then let my kid throw it in the tub that will still work after I take it swimmingwith me and wash it off afterwords.
monkeyracer

Jan 14, 2007, 4:17 PM
GzOne distributed by ut starcom sold by verizon, buy the freaking insurance still though.
krickt

Jan 15, 2007, 2:10 PM
I'm waiting patiently for Gz0ne to either come out with another version of that phone, or for Verizon to let go of their exclusive. I've got custies that come into my store whining about that phone every day. From what I understand, you have to make sure that all the rubber "stoppers" are properly inserted in the phone, or else it's just as suseptible to water as any other phone. So insurance is still a good idea on that phone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.