Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

Free Phone

ts5671

Jan 12, 2007, 9:45 AM
I am so fed up with,

"I have been with your company for over 2 years I should get a free phone."

My first customer this morning, pitched a fit over the phone prices, I have been with the company for 2 years and they should be giving me a free phone so I will stay with them.

Can I get an Amen, or an eye roll?
phonemechanic

Jan 12, 2007, 9:49 AM
🙄
ts5671

Jan 12, 2007, 9:52 AM
LOL - THANK YOU.

Staying with a cell company for 2 years isnt that awesome. Customers come in all the time and say, "No when you upgrade you are supposed to get a free phone." NO - thats if we have a free phone in the store and you can choose that one. I dont understand why this is in everyones head. So, I am throwing up an eye roll 🙄
DigAHole

Jan 12, 2007, 9:51 AM
🙄

If they've had cingular for 2 years. Give them a giant POS free phone, make them happy. If they want say a blackjack for free, then slap the mess out of them.
ts5671

Jan 12, 2007, 9:55 AM
THANK YOU -

I wish customers realized that when there is a free phone, it is the crapiest phone in the store.
DigAHole

Jan 12, 2007, 9:57 AM
Then when they come back in 4 months and complain. You can say:

"Hey, you shouldn't have been cheap" 😁
kapwww

Jan 12, 2007, 2:34 PM
I love the whole 'you get what you pay for...oh wait...you didn't pay ANYTHING so you can't expect much' thing.
Foamy

Jan 12, 2007, 2:45 PM
I love to use the "You get what you pay for" phrase on customers. I do it all the time.

Whenever a customer comes in with a free phone and it's just busted, even if it's not their fault I'll say it. It doesn't get me the nicest of looks, but not a single one has argued about it yet.
RoyalBlu

Jan 12, 2007, 9:57 AM
🙄 🤣 🙄
TIERRA226

Jan 12, 2007, 10:50 AM
Something's in the water today 🤣 An older woman saw our coupon in the ads and wanted to switch from Cingular to Sprint. Okay. She receives a call in the process of me getting her information. It's her neice who happens to walk up behind her. After her neice ask me questions about the plan, phone price, etc., she then says "No, offense, I can beat it." Excuse me?

Me: The plan or phone?

Her: Both

Me: (thinking, she's got the cheapest plan, with the Sanyo 6600 @ 29.99, no activation fee, bundle accessories, 1 mth free....) Okay

Her: (Gets on phone, takes phone plan, leaves)

Me: What the h#ll? What happen to my customer? 😡

I hate when people butt into my sales!
kapwww

Jan 12, 2007, 12:39 PM
🙄
It's been said on here before and I know I'm not the only one, but I like to ask people how long they've had a home phone and ask if the phone company has every given them a free telephone. Same with the cable company and free tvs.

I have also pointed out that when you buy a new car, you pay several hundred $$ per month and by the time you have it paid for (5 years avg) you turn around and get another one and continue huge payments. You put more in gas in that car than you do into your cell phone service. You can also end up paying more for home phone service than you do for cell phones.

People just need perspective. I won't stir up angry arguments about why I believe perspective has been lost by our country.
ts5671

Jan 12, 2007, 12:45 PM
You know, I like the way you explained that. I am going to start using that if you dont mind :-) I want to tell people, "Do you got into wal mart and bargain the price of a pair of shoes? You dont? Then why would you do it here?"

Either way - thats a good way to lay it out! Nice Job
kapwww

Jan 12, 2007, 2:33 PM
Yeah...I've used the Walmart thing too. I usually pick something cheap like a tube of toothpaste. It would be crazy to ask for an additional dollar off a two dollar product.

In return, I've got local business owners that come in to my store and ask for discounts, so when I go to their places of business, I ask for the same. You should've seen the face of the hardware store guy when I asked (with a straight face) if he'd give me a by one get one free deal on gallons of paint. I was repainting my house and needed quite a bit. He laughed. I reminded him that when he was in my store, he insisted on all of his phones being free after rebate because he's a local business customer. I gave him a break. He should do the same for me. He ...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Jan 12, 2007, 2:24 PM
I would love to hear your views as to why perspective has been lost in America, as I believe that to be the case as well.
kapwww

Jan 12, 2007, 2:37 PM
Entitlement. We tell little kids they can be or have anything they want but we forget to tell them they have to work for it or earn it. Entitlement has lead to a very self-serving attitude.

That's just the quick version really.
craptacularwireless

Jan 12, 2007, 2:40 PM
I whole heartedly agree. We also give them the notion that we're all winners, so they don't keep scores in soccer games and other recreational sports. Oh, really? No losers, eh? Poor little Johnny is going to have a hard time understanding why his team lost 5-0 in his first soccer game when he's never lost before.Or when goes on a job interview and doesn't get the job. What's Johnny going to do then?
Pr0phet

Jan 12, 2007, 2:42 PM
Wear makeup, cut himself, and ask for a free phone because he's so depressed.
kapwww

Jan 12, 2007, 2:44 PM
😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁
craptacularwireless

Jan 12, 2007, 2:53 PM
And create a band that sings about how tragic his life is. He'll name the band My Chemical Romance. Oops, looks like that's already been done.
kapwww

Jan 12, 2007, 2:44 PM
Cry until mommy and daddy call the boss and get Johnny the job?
craptacularwireless

Jan 12, 2007, 2:54 PM
Screw it, let Johnny bleed.
vzwbellstar

Jan 15, 2007, 9:48 AM
craptacularwireless said:
We also give them the notion that we're all winners, so they don't keep scores in soccer games and other recreational sports. Oh, really? No losers, eh? Poor little Johnny is going to have a hard time understanding why his team lost 5-0 in his first soccer game when he's never lost before.

It'll be my little brothers that stomp Johnny out. 5-0? Ever heard of the mercy rule? Poor Johnny won't even touch the ball, then someone will steal his bike. But his mom will buy him a razor when he turns 10.

I do not promote being a bully. In fact my bros (7 & 5) are the nicest kids around, sometimes I think they are quite soft also. This is really off topic but if we don't start hardeni...
(continues)
Pr0phet

Jan 12, 2007, 2:30 PM
It is advisable, at this point, that you hand them a 6030 and say "Good Luck."
frankiewawa

Jan 12, 2007, 2:33 PM
Nokia 6030, FTW.
bruiser

Jan 14, 2007, 4:32 PM
i like to use the saying "i have been with my cable company for 4 years...they have never given me a free t.v yet.." ITS THE SAME THING WITH CELL PHONE COMPANIES!!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.