Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

calling all service techs....... story time

DSM4Life

Sep 3, 2004, 9:08 AM
Lets share some of our shop stories.

Lady comes in her phone got wet (corrosion and liquid indicator) . I tell her yeah well i cant swap it out . She said and i quote "I didnt get it wet the rain did" . I felt like saying so bad well let me just bill the rain for the repair then.

Older guy comes in , i have had this phone for a week and i havent been able to get 1 call yet. Ok sir let me see your phone. It was a 9000 so i pwr it on and it maked its little startup beep. The guy says hey what did you do? i said i just turned it on. he says "It doesnt say in the book you have to turn it on to recieve a call!!" I felt like take his phone away and banning him from using anything electronic .

more to come .......
CDGIII

Sep 3, 2004, 10:22 AM
In the early days of cellular, the MAJORITY of people didn't realize you had to power the handset up to receive a call.
BowWowWow

Sep 3, 2004, 10:28 AM
Because they didn't read the manual (RTFM!) or because they're dead from the neck up? j/k... 😁
lookingout12345

Sep 18, 2004, 12:45 PM
My personal favorite
"My phone turns off whenever I try and answer it"

"well mr customer, what button are you pushing to answer the call"

"The PWR button, you know push when ringing"
BrianJ

Sep 20, 2004, 9:55 AM
"Back in the day" I had a few people that confused cordless phones with cell phones. One wanted to sign up for service with their cordless phone, and many would compare their battery time to their cell phone. Or one of my favorites was I don't understand why my cell phone doesn't work in my house because my cordless phone works just fine.
kilotechno

Sep 21, 2004, 8:02 AM
BrianJ said:
"Back in the day" I had a few people that confused cordless phones with cell phones.

working as a customer service rep only a few months ago (I want to say it was July of 2004) someone called in who said they bought a phone from SBC and when they called to activate it they were transferred to Cingular (which happens all the time so I didn't suspect anything), so I'm trying to find her account, after a few minutes I ask her to read me the invoice (because it will usually have the account number and I can pull it up from that)

customer: okay it says "black 2 point 4 G H Z C R D L S phone"

kilo: wait wait, is this a "cellular phone" that uses cell towers and you use it all across the country,...
(continues)
Partigirl

Sep 20, 2004, 1:02 PM
It amazes me that customer still think that cell phones have dial tones ! 🙄
euro

Sep 20, 2004, 2:36 PM
I used to work at the Good Guys here in California. We had our cell phone counter right by the home phones. Once somebody stole one of our siemens home phone displays and a week later they tried to activate it in our store for AT&T Wireless. Then they got mad cause we took the phone back even though the serial number matched the base unit still on the shelf. They called the cops and were shortly arrested. They are away for awile. Thank God for three strikes.
HolmesSPH

Sep 20, 2004, 3:12 PM
ok sometimes, it think people should have a Sanity test taking before buying a cell!! As in how many people do they know who are still sane after meeting then 😉

How many people have had an LG customer come in and say my phone is broken.... It wont ring. So you kindly take the phone and hold the * key down till it's not in silent mode..

How about this one... "I broke my attenna off, and now my phone drops calls.." & "Why does it drop calls now, do I need the attenna?"

Here's the all time worst that I can remember as of late... Had a woman come in and ask if she could get a new phone because she lost her sons phone ( I run a Kiosk not a Direct Store) and its had been a couple months since she bought the phone, and she didn'...
(continues)
Copper Emeritus

Sep 20, 2004, 5:40 PM
euro said:
I used to work at the Good Guys here in California. We had our cell phone counter right by the home phones. Once somebody stole one of our siemens home phone displays and a week later they tried to activate it in our store for AT&T Wireless. Then they got mad cause we took the phone back even though the serial number matched the base unit still on the shelf. They called the cops and were shortly arrested. They are away for awile. Thank God for three strikes.

As a retired cop, we used to like to joke that the reason we sometimes looked so good is that the morons we deal with are so stupid. Case in point!
Vosberg1

Dec 4, 2010, 4:19 PM
Bump... Anyone have some new ones?
Dollgrin

Dec 5, 2010, 3:59 PM
When I was a technician I was working with a cust who said their phone wouldn't turn on. After taking it from her you could see water under the screen. As politely as I could I told her there was some water under the screen and she proceeded to say the phone came like that and it wasn't water. When I pulled off the back and took out the battery there was standing water under the battery and some water was starting to drip out of her phone. I once again told her that there was water in the phone and that she'd have to go through insurance and right afterwards had the nerve to yell in the store that I was a liar and put the water in her phone. I asked her how I could have put water in the phone if I had been standing in front of her the whole ...
(continues)
Keith-IA

Dec 5, 2010, 4:49 PM
Custos who have issues sending pix msgs - and they show you a pic they are wanting to send... more often than not, what has been seen can't be unseen. 😲 😲
dopeygirl

Dec 6, 2010, 11:38 AM
Not me, personally, but I have a friend "Bob" that worked for tech support. After over an hour of trying to get this gentleman's Blackberry to connect to his new computer my friend, completely exasperated at this point...

BOB> Sir, I've figured out what the problem is!
CUST> Great! How do we fix it?
BOB> Do you still have the box and packing material that came with your computer?
CUST> Yes...???
BOB> Great! I need you to unplug your computer, wrap it up in the packing materials, put it back in the box and mail it back to Dell, 'cuz you're too effing STUPID!!! to own a computer!!!

Bob doesn't work for in tech support any longer...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.