Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

Every. Freakin. Sunday.

kiosk_hell

Dec 31, 2006, 1:00 PM
Why are they always circling the kiosk half an hour before we open?!?! As soon as I walked in the door some dude pounced on me because apparently it is possible for me to open a store the second I walk in. Now there is a couple looking pissy because I told them that I would be happy to help them in fifteen minutes but they seem to think that I should stop counting my drawer and doing paperwork every three minutes to take a phone out of the case for them. God, the worst thing about a kiosk is there's nowhere to hide!

If they hassle me, I'm a real jerk about it too. I won't turn on my lights and help them until exactly 12:00. They can just stand there and do the potty dance like a whiny four year old because STORE HOURS ARE STORE HOURS!

(continues)
SuperSerge76

Dec 31, 2006, 1:07 PM
Oh man. Since I'm IN a store, I have people peering into my store like we're the last store on earth. And when I walk in to the mall, I always have someone who recognizes me and asks "'Ay, Y'all got that RAZR on Prepaid?"

And I respond:

"Sure. Come by the store in 20 minutes so I can finish My opening procedures."

So He/she/it waits by the gate and stares at me while i finish my paperwork.

*shudders*
jalanjalaning

Dec 31, 2006, 1:21 PM
amen...
just because i am physically here does not mean i can do anything for you yet... i have to start up my computer, log in, wait for everything to load, count money, start up the register application, turn everything on, check paperwork from last night... and maybe i have to go to the bathroom or get a cup of coffee right before we open because that might be the last chance i get...
i love telling them it will be a few more minutes, leaving, and coming back with coffee right at 12:00 on the dot.
this morning the mall had plenty of people in it before we opened... everyone stopped at my kiosk and asked me "when are the stores going to be open?" and i say "12" and they groan like children... sorry, that's what it says on the big glass ...
(continues)
aavera

Dec 31, 2006, 1:27 PM
WHAT?!?! You're not superman and everything isn't done as soon as you get there in the am?? 😳 What do you mean you have to open applications???

Really, though...They are here every morning..can I see that phone/case/skin/charger...ect. Yeah..WHEN I OPEN IN 30 MINUTES!!! Hours are posted on the door REALLY BIG! Open your eyes and learn to reas! 🙄
SuperSerge76

Dec 31, 2006, 1:31 PM
See, when I'm at work, i'm Mild Mannered Clark Kent. But outside of the store? I'm Superman. So Sorry, Mr. Customer, But the hours are posted, and you must wait for Clark Kent to finish his wet, stinky breakfast burrito before he opens!
aavera

Dec 31, 2006, 1:31 PM
Hahahaha 🤣 🤣
DJ Parkay

Dec 31, 2006, 2:46 PM
Be happy y9our busy today. If you didnt whine so much you might get some activations.
kiosk_hell

Dec 31, 2006, 2:47 PM
I'm got plenty of activations, sweetie. Thanks for your concern though.
DJ Parkay

Dec 31, 2006, 2:49 PM
If it werent for my concern youd have no reason to post this crap up here.
kiosk_hell

Dec 31, 2006, 2:49 PM
I like your crazy clown logic. 🙂
jalanjalaning

Dec 31, 2006, 3:29 PM
i fail to see the connection. i thought she posted for my and others amusement... in which case, job well done.
biznass

Jan 1, 2007, 10:28 AM
You're irritating. If you don't like people whining then don't read this forum.
DJ Parkay

Dec 31, 2006, 3:03 PM
poop
craptacularwireless

Jan 1, 2007, 3:31 PM
Why do you exist?
frankiewawa

Jan 2, 2007, 1:40 PM
lol, your stories crack me up man. Without your rants and stories of stupid customers... phonescoop wouldn't be the same!
yodhan

Jan 2, 2007, 7:11 PM
I get that all the time. People come to my store and tug on the door, which is locked because it is 30 minutes before opening. So they tug again, then rattle the door for about a second, rather violently. Then they glare at me and tap their watches and huff and and puff and stomp around. My favorites are those who stick around, who I normally let in about 10 minutes early who have the audacity to say 'You could have opened earlier.'

Or my favorite, the guy who got mad, came around to the side window, pounded on it, flipped us off, got in his car, drove up next to the window, flipped us off again, drove around the block, called the store and asked to be put on speaker phone so he could speak to the manager, swore at me when I refused, then...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Jan 2, 2007, 7:47 PM
You answer the phone when you're not open? I just let it ring.
yodhan

Jan 3, 2007, 12:59 PM
My boss is a stickler for answering the phone at all times. He always points at it and says "That's where the money is." Rarely is there anything good comming of me answering the phone. Usually it is someone asking exactly where we are located. I think I am going to look up our exact longitude and latitude and give that to the next person who asks. See how they like that answer.
ralph_on_me

Jan 3, 2007, 1:03 PM
If I'm closed, the phone isn't answered. Especially if it's at night. I'll only answer to be greeted with, "What time do you close?" to which I'll reply, "Ten minutes ago," and they'll retort, "Then why did you answer the phone." or they'll beg me to wait and help them out when I'm trying to go home.

I also don't answer the phone if I'm helping a customer. I think it's rude to ask the customer in front of you to wait while you answer the phone.
yodhan

Jan 3, 2007, 1:05 PM
Man, if I am the only one here and with a customer, and my manager or regional manager call me, I won't pick up, and they know it, so they call every five seconds until I pick up and tell them I am busy.
mallbound

Jan 3, 2007, 9:01 PM
Yeah that's why we wouldn't open up till exactly 9:00 AM (when I had the comfort of a retail store). Try to be nice and they get pissed off anyways. Here at the mall I had a guy waiting at my kiosk when I showed up only to start off by saying I'm not gonna like him today. Greaat what a way to start the day. Granted I politely told him I would be glad ot help him in 10-15 minutes at 8:00 AM when the mall officially opens.
krickt

Jan 3, 2007, 1:30 PM
We had to close up today from 12-1, because of some scedualling issues and because one person can't man the store by themselves. All doors are locked, and all lights are off. I'm in the back, watching tv, out of sight. Sign on the front door says that we'll be right back at 1:00. I just had three guys in a row read ths signs, knock on the glass, then violently try to open the doors. All within 10 minutes. I'm just wondering if people think that just because were closed at an odd time, if they force the doors open that isn't breaking and entering? I should have hit the panick button on the alarm, that would have scared them to death! But then I'd have to deal with the security company.
wu10304

Jan 3, 2007, 6:58 PM
i hate this so much. i have been selling phones for 4 years now so i don't really have a problem dealing with bad or stupid customers but what i really do hate is when i get to the store 15 minutes before we open to set up the store and there's already a line of customers waiting for us to open and when i walk in they try to hurry and force themselves in before i can lock the door. then they stare in the window the whole time i'm setting up with a pissed off look on their face. so 10 o'clock rolls around so i unlock the door and let them in and what is everyone doing... paying their phone bill, and not with cash either. they're using checks or credit cards. so i politely tell them if they wanna pay their bill before 10 they can call customer...
(continues)
Tarabottamoos

Jan 3, 2007, 8:48 PM
OOOOooohh, but they DO wait outside @ Best Buy and Circuit City. What do you think they do when the new Xbox/Playstation/Ninetendo systems come out? And they camp out all night I felt bad sometimes..pulling in in my nice warm car and walking right in... It happened on normal days too, typically Sundays depending on what's in the ad... (OOOH I REALLY NEED THAT $25 DVD PLAYER WHOSE BRAND I DONT RECOGNIZE!!!)
wu10304

Jan 4, 2007, 2:32 PM
But at best buy they don't walk in and complain that we didn't open early for them. here they do. "you saw me standing out there, why didn't you open early and let me in?" because its company policy and thats how stores get robbed because all our cash drawers are out. Then i tell them the numbers on the door are not suggestions but actual opening and closing times. and i don't feel sorry for them because its always the same people once a month paying a bill.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.