Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 140 replies

Favorite customer quote 2.0

PhoneyName

Dec 28, 2006, 6:24 PM
The last thread is getting way too long, let's start over...

Customer: "I have one of those blueberries that go in my ear, but I can't make it talk to my phone!"

That statement brought the funniest images to mind... ๐Ÿคฃ
krickt

Dec 28, 2006, 6:28 PM
I've got an ex-wrestler that came in and asked if we could do a bluetooth that didn't go into his ear, his ears were almost swelled shut. Cauliflower ear is so nasty.
Willwise

Dec 29, 2006, 7:11 PM
coming from an ex wrestler with cauliflower ear I am offended I put in 15 years of weight cutting and hard work. My ears are the battle scars from that and to me they are like trophies for all the hard work. to say that they are nasty is offensive.
craptacularwireless

Dec 29, 2006, 8:06 PM
It may be offensive, but true nonetheless.
krickt

Dec 30, 2006, 10:15 AM
I stand behind what I said. I appreciate that you put a lot of work into your sport, and that it required that you ruin the skin and cartilage of your ears, it's still a nasty looking and nasty thing to have on your head.
Willwise

Dec 30, 2006, 12:44 PM
i geuss i will fight fire with fire and say that freckles are nasty. People who have freckles should walk around with a bag on their head. sound crazy it is but all be honest with you that's pretty much all I got
MrAbstracto

Dec 30, 2006, 12:48 PM
๐Ÿคจ
craptacularwireless

Dec 30, 2006, 1:20 PM
Some people are born with freckles, people aren't born with cauliflower ears.
sweetsoprano

Dec 30, 2006, 2:09 PM
craptacularwireless said:

Exactly...willwise, you are a punk for that statement ๐Ÿ™„ and for the record, I know wrestlers who don't have cauliflower ears ๐Ÿ˜
redheadchick

Dec 30, 2006, 2:14 PM
jygfdkl
Willwise

Dec 30, 2006, 3:15 PM
not everybody gets it I dont know if we should go calling people punks and if you had read the whole statement I made it was pretty obvious that it was a joke It's not like wrestlers or boxers choose to get cauliflower ear i just dont think it is that gross its not like it is on purpose it is a medical condition that if not treated right away can be permanent (like mine) you would say people with muscle disorders that have trouble walking or getting around are gross would you?
Willwise

Dec 30, 2006, 3:17 PM

people don't make a choice to get cauliflower and head gears aren't 100% effective kind of like condoms just ask your mom about that
sweetsoprano

Dec 30, 2006, 10:28 AM
Willwise said:
coming from an ex wrestler with cauliflower ear I am offended I put in 15 years of weight cutting and hard work. My ears are the battle scars from that and to me they are like trophies for all the hard work. to say that they are nasty is offensive.

FACT: Cauliflower ear is nasty and scary to look at. It's an injury that leaves behind a deformity, unfortunately. You may see it as a battle scar, to the rest of us it just looks, well, nasty and scary as hell. Kindly remember this and don't be so quick to take offense. There are other things that are worthy of getting upset about; other folks' opinions of you isn't one of them! ๐Ÿ˜
Willwise

Dec 30, 2006, 4:11 PM
back to my point freckles look scary and nasty haven't you ever seen childs play
furkitfox

Jan 1, 2007, 2:48 PM
If you wrestled so much that your ears got really nasty and deformed than it's not something you should be proud of. Rather, you should feel really really stupid.
Hayate

Jan 1, 2007, 2:53 PM
So the fact that you wrestled for a long time somehow makes gross ears that are swollen shut and look like they're diseased somehow not disgusting. Cauliflower ear is gross looking, regardless of how you got it. You have gross ears. That's not exactly a good and appealing "trophy" to have. And besides, wrestling is dumb anyway.
jalanjalaning

Dec 31, 2006, 1:58 PM
my boyfriend is a wrestler and his ear is slightly cauliflowered... i told him if it gets worse then i will have to rethink my current romantic situation... it seems really vain but it is gross and it would take some work to get passed it...
southtexrep

Dec 28, 2006, 6:29 PM
How may I help you today?

"Yeah, can you tell why my bill's so high?" (in sarcastic tone of voice)

How hard is it to glance down at a few pages for a few minutes of your life, and learn how to read your wireless bill, so that you can understand your overages, txts, downloads, PREMIUM SMS, and all the other s*** you're going to tell me you never did.

Even if I explain it you you in different ways you will either not understand it, say its not fair, say you never did it...etc...

That is my "favorite" customer quote. I get it on 2/3 of my calls everyday... โ˜น๏ธ
redheadchick

Dec 29, 2006, 8:09 PM
i get that all the time too
DJ Parkay

Dec 31, 2006, 2:39 PM
Lazy and illiterate. You should get a free reading lesson with your phone activation. Here you go sir, your own copy of hooked on monkey phonics.
angeliz

Jan 24, 2007, 10:46 AM
my favorite quote i want a new phn
rayban

Dec 28, 2006, 6:35 PM
"the guy at cingular who activated my phone called me up one day and asked if id give him a cleveland steamer. so i canceled them and beat his ***"

๐Ÿคฃ
PhoneyName

Dec 28, 2006, 6:37 PM
๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿคฃ
crystal

Dec 29, 2006, 2:43 PM
wtf is a cleveland steamer? ๐Ÿ˜ณ
PhoneyName

Dec 29, 2006, 3:23 PM
If I answer that, Ray Carroll will report me. ๐Ÿคฃ
crystal

Dec 29, 2006, 3:25 PM
oh well. i guess it just means i'm not as big of a freak as i thought i was.

which is good.

i guess.

๐Ÿ˜ณ
Jay Everette

Dec 29, 2006, 4:17 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ Thats the same exact response Peter Griffin said in one episode of Family Guy!!

I have no idea what the hell it means either
rayban

Dec 29, 2006, 5:08 PM
picture someone on top of your chest pooping on you. then spreading it with their butcheeks. and that would be the defintion.
SprintLynchburg_VA

Dec 30, 2006, 7:27 PM
um.... gross
DJ Parkay

Dec 31, 2006, 2:50 PM
People knew about the clevland steamer before family guy. It involves pooping on someone's chest.
Crapbag

Dec 30, 2006, 10:43 PM
BS. I heard that you took the offer then traded positions.
ZeroSanity

Dec 28, 2006, 6:38 PM
"I don't see why Verizon can't just give everyone 3 free phones."
cody-craig

Dec 30, 2006, 1:26 PM
Hmm maybe because this is a business? No no thats a stupid idea ๐Ÿ˜ก
krickt

Dec 28, 2006, 6:40 PM
Cust: My bill is huge, you told me the new plan would be more minutes, and cost me less than the old plan.

I look at the bill.

Me: Here is your plan cost, and here is your minute usage. Your lovely son used 400 more minutes than your plan allowed (800 more than the old plan) and your lovely son did 700+ txt messages with no txt plan. Bump up to the next minute package and get an unlimited txt package for him, or else take his phone away."

Cust: Oh, so it isn't the plan? It's my son's usage?

Me: Yes.

Cust: Well, just leave it alone, I'll get the money from him.

I'm having nightmares, you know she's going to be back next month asking why it's still high!
PhoneyName

Dec 28, 2006, 6:43 PM
*random girl calls my cell phone while I'm working*

Her: "You b****, I knew he was cheating on me, you're f***ing my boyfriend, I found this number in his phone, I'm gonna come up there and beat your a**" etc. etc.

Me: "What's your boyfriend's name?"

Her: "John Doe"

Me: "Mr. Doe just bought a phone from me, and I used my cell to test call it. It's working just fine, by the way."

Her: "Oh s***, sorry, have a nice day!"

Me: ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ™„
kiosk_hell

Dec 28, 2006, 6:44 PM
Got this one today:

creepy dude: I need help with sending pictures...can you do that for me without looking at them?

me: ...sure, I can walk you through the process.

creepy dude: NO! Forget it, you will just look at them. You can't look at them.

me: Sir, I assure you that I have no desire to see the pictures on your phone!

I ended up showing him how from our demo phone. Given this guy's appearance I really shudder to think what he's got on that phone.
ZeroSanity

Dec 28, 2006, 6:53 PM
X-post, cause it fits:

Visitor: so i want a phone but i have a phone and i want to know if i can get a new plan for less money and i already have a plan and phone
Me: Just to be sure I understand what you're asking, can you rephrase your question?
Visitor: so i want a phone but i have a phone and i want to know if i can get a new plan for less money and i already have a plan and phone
ZeroSanity

Dec 28, 2006, 6:55 PM
Also:

V: Can you tell me why my bill is so high?
C: Unfortunately, I don't have access to your account information. You'll need to call Customer Care.
V: Okay, but can you tell my how many minutes I have left this month?
mapleleaf88

Jan 23, 2007, 8:01 PM
ugh. I get that all the time! Then they don't want to buy anything because I 'can't help them anyways, so why should i bother?'
mapleleaf88

Jan 23, 2007, 8:04 PM
sorry for the necropost. i wasn't paying attention.
krickt

Jan 24, 2007, 4:10 PM
No, we like these to be necroposted! I want to see how long we can make the original thread of this! You are fine.
mallbound

Dec 29, 2006, 12:01 PM
"I only have my own interests in mind. I don't care about your compnay. And besides a good service rep would give it to me for free." a customer who had a phone for less than a year wanting a $300 discount on a Treo wihtout resigning a 2 yr contract
biznass

Jan 1, 2007, 10:22 AM
You should've written down his phone number so you could get into his picture mail and see his uploads haha. Sorry, that's sick. Then again you could call the police if it was child pr0n.
Celestial Halo

Dec 29, 2006, 12:18 PM
"Why is my deposit so high?? I just declared bankruptcy!"

Me: "What is your SSN?"
C: "I don't have one..."

C: "Why is my bill so high?!?!?"
(Irate mother with her 13 year old daughter... her daughter had taken nude pics of herself on her phone and was instant messaging them to guys across the country!!)
Me: ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ณ
romeowhiskey

Dec 29, 2006, 12:27 PM
C: my house charger isnt working, why?

M:is the breaker for the plug tripped?

C:i don't know, the power in my neighborhood is out, i can't see in the dark

M: ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ , i'm gonna have to say you need to wait until your power is restored before your charger will work"

C: well turn it on then please

M: ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ma'am, you have called your wireless provider, not the local power company.

C: whats the difference, you can turn my charger back on

*****click******
Celestial Halo

Dec 29, 2006, 12:31 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿคฃ

those kind of people make me want to shake a baby!!
romeowhiskey

Dec 29, 2006, 12:37 PM
sometimes i think that our wireless companies hire these people to f**k with us, there is no way that someone could be so stupid
Celestial Halo

Dec 29, 2006, 12:43 PM
unless your last name is Begay, Yazzie, Yellowhair or Manyfarms and you live on the reservation
allim7399

Dec 29, 2006, 12:52 PM
No there really are people that stupid. I have a friend who is a 911 dispatcher and she said people call all the time asking them to turn their cell phones back on because that's the only # they can call when they get turned off for non-pay! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
redheadchick

Dec 30, 2006, 2:15 PM
im so bored
Enamored777

Jan 24, 2007, 5:51 PM
Hahaa! WOW.
computerking

Dec 29, 2006, 2:11 PM
my cousin worked for a place similar to "Rent-a-Center" and he does service and support calls for there products.

Cust: My computer isn't working.

Rep: Alright I'll take a look at and see what I can do.

Cust: Ok

Rep: (walks to computer area) Starts off by just trying to power button and nothing happens. (goes to look behind computer) Excuse me sir, could you turn a light on so I can see behind the desk.

Cust: Sorry to power has been shut off for about a week.

Rep: (Silence) Sorry sir you do need electricity for your computer to function.
craptacularwireless

Dec 29, 2006, 2:16 PM
That man should be shot.
spidermon

Dec 29, 2006, 7:54 PM
I am calling BS on this story i have heard it before in this forum months ago and it wasnt your story then either. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
redheadchick

Dec 29, 2006, 8:18 PM
sometimes the same thing happens to other people you know
spidermon

Dec 30, 2006, 3:39 PM
the exact same thing you are to dumb to move. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
alcave21

Dec 31, 2006, 2:59 PM
yah it was mine..... ๐Ÿ‘€
allim7399

Dec 29, 2006, 12:44 PM
Ok this is less of a quote and more of a story. Kinda long but its a good one!

A few weeks ago I came to open the store but when I got here there was a huge man in ratty sweats, a 'fro, and had a trash bag full of cans waiting outside my door. Obviously (since i'm a girl) I waited in my car for my co-worker (Jose) to show up. So we walked in together and a few minutes later Jose went out to his car. The second Jose passed him, the creepy guy turned around and came in the store. I grab my phone and start calling Jose to come back. So Creepy comes up to my counter and starts reaching IN his pants. I'm horrified because I think he's going to whip "something" out! He pulls out a phone and drops it on my counter. He's clearly on dru...
(continues)
frankiewawa

Dec 29, 2006, 2:23 PM
hahahahaha wow... that definitly is creepy as hell. He just starts playin tetris while hes on drugs. i love it. ๐Ÿคฃ
crystal

Dec 29, 2006, 2:49 PM
wow holy crap that was awesome.
DJ Parkay

Dec 31, 2006, 2:43 PM
Better tetris than the pocket fisherman.
Tiazorz

Dec 29, 2006, 7:07 PM
That is the second greatest story I have read on here so far.. the part where he started playing tetris and became confused made me burst out laughing!
Tiazorz

Dec 29, 2006, 8:55 PM
Finally, I found the best story I've read on here so far (that thread is insane, took me forever to find it!):
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »
Also, another one of my fav's I just had to add:
spidermon

Dec 29, 2006, 7:57 PM
this is the best story ever my favorite is the tetris part i have seen that before that is the funniest thing ever. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
krickt

Dec 29, 2006, 2:17 PM
Okay, this isn't a quote, but I just had a customer come in with his phone being held together with 4 rubberbands and a vise grip.
craptacularwireless

Dec 29, 2006, 2:24 PM
Did he have a portable spittoon with him, too?
crystal

Dec 29, 2006, 2:50 PM
who carries a vice grip around?
krickt

Dec 29, 2006, 3:03 PM
A whole lot of my customers. I even have one in my car. Welcome to Redneck central. BTW, he only had to go outside to spit once.
crystal

Dec 29, 2006, 3:08 PM
you must be familiar with the smell of cow poop, tobacco, and farm-smelling sweat.
krickt

Dec 29, 2006, 3:18 PM
Oh, yes. We get lots of both. Drives my dad nuts when they track in oil encrusted cow poop. He spends days trying to scrub it out of the carpet.
crystal

Dec 29, 2006, 3:19 PM
i feel ya. every other customer smells like they haven't showered in two weeks.

*sigh*
redheadchick

Dec 30, 2006, 2:14 PM
uljhg
romeowhiskey

Dec 29, 2006, 3:15 PM
vise grips? duck tape is what i used on my old moto startac when i broke the flip hinge, it's much lighter and doesn't look as stupid.
krickt

Dec 29, 2006, 3:17 PM
No, it was the bottom. He had shattered it, and was holding it together just long enough to call insurance and for us to transfer his phone numbers out of it.
romeowhiskey

Dec 29, 2006, 4:04 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ oh man, that must have been a task.
Sp3c1al Ed

Dec 29, 2006, 2:39 PM
Mine came yesterday, but not from a customer. It came from an intelligent customer care rep.

Customer comes in with a bill, and received roaming charges on his NATION plan. His roaming charges occurred in Montana (which last time I checked, was in the United States)

I called customer care to get him a credit, and the rep told me that that Nation meant just his local area (Washington State) and that he needed to switch to a NATIONAL plan. I asked the rep if he could define Nation for me, what the difference between Nation and National was, and when Washington State declared themselves their own country?

I also asked him to look at our new broschures with say Cingular NATION on the very front.

This arguement went on for over 45 min...
(continues)
jalanjalaning

Dec 31, 2006, 2:20 PM
that's when i would say nevermind, but thanks, hang up and call again for a different rep.
mallbound

Dec 29, 2006, 2:59 PM
C to friend: "Man don't get Sprint they will f*** you over."
Rep: "Why, what happened?"
C: "Man they kept charging me even after I went to prison. And then they charged me a cancellation fee because I didn't pay my bill."
apparently getting convicted of a crime doesn't automatically stop your cell phone bill
craptacularwireless

Dec 29, 2006, 3:40 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
wearyrep

Dec 30, 2006, 7:13 AM
Why didn't someone call me and tell me I was over my minutes!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
kiosk_hell

Dec 30, 2006, 10:51 AM
"Is there a way you can block my daughter from going over her minutes?"
sweetsoprano

Dec 30, 2006, 11:28 AM
kiosk_hell said:
"Is there a way you can block my daughter from going over her minutes?"

Nope, but there's a way YOU can...keep an eye on that usage and snatch that phone!
kiosk_hell

Dec 30, 2006, 11:42 AM
Exactly. I encouraged them to get the Sanyo 2400 with parental control (can be programmed to only make or receive calls to/from certain numbers). The mom whined, "but she can still call those people as much as she waaaants." Okay then, maybe Precious isn't ready for a cell phone!
sweetsoprano

Dec 30, 2006, 11:46 AM
Worked for my mother...my sister went over the text package by a ridiculous amount and my mother snatched her phone AND docked the overage from babygirl's allowance...she never did that again!
Nikoletta

Dec 30, 2006, 6:25 PM
Funny thing is we can now... BigPink doesn't have any special kids phones but we do have special kids plans, they get either 50 or 75 minutes and unlimited weekend and mobile-to-mobile calls but once they use up their minutes the phone simply won't make off-network calls during the week (still can call 911.)

They can send text at a cost of 4 text per minute (so they use up one of their minutes every 4 text messages they send) and it's free to receive... once the minutes are gone, no more texting out... they can add more minutes with pre-paid cards but can never run the bill up...

Awesome plan and yet...

"That's not enough minutes!"
"It costs too much for that many minutes" (50 minutes is 19.99, 75 plus 1000 text messages is 29.99.....
(continues)
kiosk_hell

Dec 30, 2006, 6:57 PM
If they're going that route, might as well just get prepaid for the kids. When the money or minutes are gone, they're gone. Or here's an idea, do some freaking parenting rather than expecting your phone company to police your kids' usage.
Nikoletta

Dec 30, 2006, 8:14 PM
I agree, they should pay more attention and actually have some control over their kids however I don't agree that pre-paid is a better option...

With the Kid Connect plan they get the same free phone offers (just not the mail-in rebates, but the instant discounts still apply) and they get free weekends and m2m... that's the big one... it allows parents to always be able to contact their kids even if the minutes are gone so it's a great thing to keep tabs on the chillins...

Sometimes pre-paid is a better option but a Kid Connect gives you all the ups of Pre-paid as well, you can add minutes with a pre-paid card any time and get the discounted (what we call Gold Rewards) rates on those as well but still have the free calling times... O...
(continues)
DJ Parkay

Dec 30, 2006, 12:07 PM
You should tell the customer that blueberrys are a thing of the past. Tell them they can exchange the blueberry they have for the peach you have hiding in your pocket. When they put it in their ear they will be talking to YOUR handset.
GTO_chick

Dec 30, 2006, 12:36 PM
Buy 1 get 3 free!? I don't need insurance then! I will just have the extra phones to use when I need them.... ๐Ÿ‘€
kiosk_hell

Dec 30, 2006, 12:39 PM
I hate BOGOs for this very reason. When I explain that both phones have to be activated on a new line of service, they always say, "well, that's bull$hit!"

Yeah, it's BS that we don't give you $600 worth of phones for $50.
GTO_chick

Dec 30, 2006, 12:46 PM
๐Ÿคฃ so true
krickt

Dec 30, 2006, 12:46 PM
We are doing a 5 free promotion at the moment. The phones are 49,95 with a $50 rebate on each one and you can get up to 5 lines on the new plans.

Almost everyday, I get a little old lady, or more often a little old man, who wants to buy 2 or 3 extra phones for $49.95, and get rebates for all of them, but only have a $35 dollar, 700 minute plan. I hate explaining it to them, but in the long run, I don't much. I just tell them I can't do that, one line, one phone.

My favorite is they want one line, multiple phones, rollover minutes, free roaming and free data. They take one feature from each carrier and combine them into one super plan and expect me to agree to sell it to them.
craptacularwireless

Dec 30, 2006, 1:25 PM
๐Ÿคฃ Old people are hard to deal with sometimes. They never know technology and always want you to go over every single facet of their phone. Read the manual, please.
krickt

Dec 30, 2006, 1:28 PM
lol, but reading the manual can get those old dudes in some serious trouble. For example, the instructions on how to program your voicemail is for a generic system. How many of us sell a generic carrier. Using those instructions can get their voicemail seriously screwed up.
Not to mention passwords, geez, I can't tell you how many old people permanantly disable their phones by following the instructions for how to change their passwords, and then forget what password they put in it.
craptacularwireless

Dec 30, 2006, 1:33 PM
They always forget their password, even after I set it up for them with the password of their choice. Sometimes I write it on a Post-It and tape it to the back of their phones so they don't forget. It's pretty straightforward to set up voicemail with Verizon. It's also very easy to check it. To check it, all you have to do is hold down the 1, listen to the prompt to enter your password, enter your password, and listen. Not hard at all. It boggles my mind how people can't do those simple steps.
krickt

Dec 30, 2006, 1:38 PM
We have it even easier than that, if the phone will allow it, we can even program the password into speed dial 1. Still have custies that can't do it.
craptacularwireless

Dec 30, 2006, 1:49 PM
We can do that, too. They'll press it, it'll enter the password, and then they'll have a blank look on their face. The woman speaks English! All you have to do is listen and follow her instructions! Jeez!
krickt

Dec 30, 2006, 1:54 PM
I know. We can program even the number that makes it go directly to the message, all you have to do is listen, we have custies that have been unable to do even this. Usually we just remove Voicemail from their account, that way we don't have to deal with that problem from that custie.
craptacularwireless

Dec 30, 2006, 1:57 PM
You don't have them come back and complain that people can't leave them messages?
krickt

Dec 30, 2006, 1:59 PM
Not if you manuever them into asking us to do it. Plus, they hate to be bothered with the little voicemail icon. I've had customers ask to have the icon permanantly removed. Old people don't check their messages anyway. If they don't answer the phone, they want someone to come check on them.
craptacularwireless

Dec 30, 2006, 2:04 PM
All you have to do is go into the voicemail's administrative options and turn off the message waiting indicator. There, no more voicemail icon. Is it really that bothersome to have the icon on? People are just plain retarded.
cody-craig

Dec 30, 2006, 1:34 PM
If customers ever ask how to put a password on their phone I don't tell them. If I do they will be back the next day asking why their phone won't work and wanting a new SIM for free when I tell them why. I hate passwords
Crapbag

Dec 30, 2006, 10:58 PM
Yeah, i had a customer upgrade a line to one of the phones we were offering this on. She then wanted to know how she got her 3 free. The best part was that there was a custoemr in store with a broken phone and no upgrade in sight. When i initally told her about the buy one get 3 he started to throw a fit because i told him there weren't any "specials" on out right purchases. Yeah buddy, if you buy one phone outright you get three free! Idiots!
cody-craig

Dec 30, 2006, 12:52 PM
So a customer is wanting to see if they qualify without deposit. I ask them if they have ever ran a credit check with us before. They say yes and that they had a deposit. Then...

Me: So have you guys done anything in the past few months to improve your credit? Credit cards, car payments, have you been paying your bills on time?

Customer: Ya we've been paying our bills...except rent!

Then they all laughed, I ran credit and what do you know? $300 depo
krickt

Dec 30, 2006, 12:57 PM
I had a custie (well he turned into a visitant pretty quickly) that came and ran his credit. Came back with a $100 deposit per line (which isn't really that bad) When he called the credit people, they said that he hadn't paid his Cingy bill in 3 months, and they had reported him. He said "Well, Crap! That's why I wanted new phones, they just cut me off!"

I had a really hard time holding my face still, and I coughed/laughed until he had driven away.

What are people thinking.

This all happened yesterday afternoon, I just love people!
cody-craig

Dec 30, 2006, 1:10 PM
I had T-Mobile for about three years before I started working for Cingular and I never once went into a location asking questions. I don't understand it. Is it really that hard to figure out how to use a cell phone?? How many different possible scenarios are there to come in and bitch about? I mean is it really worth their time to drive all the way to our store just to say that their phone dropped a call? Suck it up!!!
kiosk_hell

Dec 30, 2006, 1:22 PM
I've found that people will complain just for the sake of complaining, even if they aren't expecting any compensation (though they usually are). When I worked at a restaurant ages ago, people would call to let us know that we screwed something up, and when I offered to fix it for them, nine times out of ten they would say, "no, I just wanted you to know that you screwed up!" Okay then.
cody-craig

Dec 30, 2006, 1:24 PM
Thanks, it will happen, I mean never happen again!!
cody-craig

Dec 30, 2006, 12:55 PM
Just got this one two seconds ago:

Customer: Hi, I left my phone in the car, but I'm having battery problems. Can you tell me if it's working correctly?

Me: What kind of phone do you have?

Customer: I don't know.

Me: Well if you bring your phone in and we have that model here I can swith the batteries out and test them.

Customer: Well I'll bring in my phone if you guys have it.

...am I supposed to know what kind of phone she has???
krickt

Dec 30, 2006, 12:58 PM
Yes, didn't you have your telekinetic chip installed during orientation?
cody-craig

Dec 30, 2006, 1:06 PM
Damn they must have forgot. I guess they should just fire me since I can't read customers' minds. I mean what good is a wireless employee if they can't figure out what the customer needs when the customer doens't know right?
krickt

Dec 30, 2006, 1:19 PM
Amen! I'll pray for your soul, honey. Should I send the chip to you for installation?
cody-craig

Dec 30, 2006, 1:20 PM
You mean you have to send it to me? Can't you just put it in my brain right now without me having it???
krickt

Dec 30, 2006, 1:26 PM
Sure, I'll just txt the programming straight into your brain. I don't even need your brains GPS number. Hold still.
cody-craig

Dec 30, 2006, 1:29 PM
You mean I still have to wait? I'll just switch to Verizon...
krickt

Dec 30, 2006, 1:36 PM
LOL, it's too late, you have the programming, however, it may take up to 4 hours for full effectiveness to be acheived. There may also be other "programming" that will interfere with it, like the system that you use to interface with your carrier's system. That system may not allow you to comply with custies wishes, and is not a fault of your new programming. Enjoy!
cody-craig

Dec 30, 2006, 1:44 PM
Can you set up my telepathic voicemail?
krickt

Dec 30, 2006, 1:57 PM
Sure, why not. But it takes 10-12 weeks to get the rebate back.
GTO_chick

Dec 30, 2006, 1:00 PM
This isn't a customer quote but more of a story further proving the increase in general ignorance in our society...

My brother-in-law walked in to a shop looking for a bag of green army men for my nephews. A store clerk approaches and asks if she can help him find anything. He gives her his request and she responds that they do not carry them because they are too violent. He sees a box of confederate soldiers on the shelf and asks why they would carry them but not the little green army guys and the response from the clerk is "Oh those! Those aren't real!"

OK, now I don't know about you guys, but I have yet to see any little green army men roaming the earth shooting at people. The confederate guys according to my bro-in-law promoted aut...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Dec 30, 2006, 1:29 PM
Ah, the South.
GTO_chick

Dec 30, 2006, 1:30 PM
that's what is funny....he is in minneapolis
craptacularwireless

Dec 30, 2006, 1:33 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
redheadchick

Dec 30, 2006, 1:38 PM
i hate stupid people
kiosk_hell

Dec 30, 2006, 1:06 PM
Slow day today, but I just got a phone call from an older lady who was concerned because her daughter was travelling across the country and wasn't answering her phone. She wanted to know if I could tell if the phone was turned off. I told her no, there is no way for me to check that but generally if the phone is turned off it will go directly to voicemail. Her second question was if I could tell where her daughter was...
craptacularwireless

Dec 30, 2006, 1:34 PM
Oh my.
GTO_chick

Dec 30, 2006, 2:01 PM
I am sending a toast to all stupid people out there....if not for you, who else would we have to laugh at?

Three cheers to stupid people everywhere! ๐Ÿ˜
MrAbstracto

Dec 30, 2006, 2:03 PM
Cheers! *clink*
GTO_chick

Dec 30, 2006, 2:04 PM
*clink* ๐Ÿ˜
redheadchick

Dec 30, 2006, 2:16 PM
fgjim so bored
redheadchick

Dec 30, 2006, 2:16 PM
is there anyone still here???
redheadchick

Dec 30, 2006, 2:17 PM
noone wants to talk to me! booo! ๐Ÿ˜ก
GTO_chick

Dec 30, 2006, 2:38 PM
We are so friggin slow today....almost nappy time.... . . .zzzzzzzzzzz
SprintLynchburg_VA

Dec 30, 2006, 7:47 PM
This is not a joke, this seriously happened yesterday, no exagerrations in this at all.

Me: Welcome to Sprint How can I......
C: My son's phone is dropping calls and I am angry why am I paying a bill.....
Me: I'm sorry for the inconveniece, do you have the phone with you.
C: No its in California (check my screename, I'm in Virginia)
Me: Well I'd need to see his phone to see if there is anything defective with it.
C: Well last time someone just looked at the computer back there and fixed it.
Me: Well from the sounds of it, that didn't fix the issue. You might want to have your son go into a store in CA.
C: Well someone fixed it last time, just go to your computer and fix it.
Me: There is no way to do this, there is nothing magical ...
(continues)
frogstomp1984

Dec 30, 2006, 10:29 PM
lol nice... I had a lady yesterday who accused me of treating her like she was uneducated, which I sort of was, but when you explain something 12 times one really starts to wonder how high the customers iq really is... wait for .. she then says to me if I don't get her my supervisor she's going to go to start acting black..... what the hell
DJ Parkay

Dec 31, 2006, 2:24 PM
Yea people in Lynchburg Va ARE INBRED.
SprintLynchburg_VA

Dec 31, 2006, 2:38 PM
more of the surrounding counties, but I agree
DJ Parkay

Dec 31, 2006, 2:44 PM
No, lynchburg is pretty inbred.
SprintLynchburg_VA

Dec 31, 2006, 3:25 PM
Well when compared to Nelson County, Madison Heights, Rustburg, Evingoton, Bedford, Altavista, Shipman, Arrington, South Boston, Red House, and Brookneal, I could easily disagree with that statement, we're more like the center in an inbred doughnut.
Animosity_Reigns

Dec 31, 2006, 2:02 PM
Haha Thought I throw this one in the mix.
kiosk_hell

Dec 31, 2006, 4:23 PM
Just had this one:

"Do you know any tricks to getting out of contract without the cancellation fee?"

Also a Cingular customer stopped to let me know that his phone was asking for a security code, but he took out the battery and the sim and that fixed it. He didn't want help, he just wanted to let me know...I guess since there's no Cingular in our town he couldn't bore their reps with this little tidbit.
Enamored777

Jan 24, 2007, 6:04 PM
C-Can you please tell me why my phone wont turn on?

(assuming water or physical damage)

M-(taking off the battery door)Yea I'd be happy to help you out.

M-Uhh, do you have the battery??

lol it was even funnier how she wasn't embarrased at all and somehow thought that wasn't a retarded mistake ๐Ÿคฃ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.