Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Why do customers think they know more than we do?

cilvzwagent

Dec 21, 2006, 2:35 PM
I've been told this too many times in the last few days......

"Well, Cingular and Verizon share towers, why don't you guys work over here!"

Well, I'll be! I guess the last 4 years of me selling VZW, I've been completely misinformed and wrong. I'm just gonna sit back and let all you customers run the show, since you apparantly know more about the business than I do!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have another customer who "has a friend that works for VZW in NY" (so he MUST be important ๐Ÿ™„ ) And he said that you guys are going to join up with Cingular and take over the cellular industry together, since you can't do it without eachother. ๐Ÿคจ

Sure Dude.....whatever you say!
qboro

Dec 21, 2006, 2:40 PM
WHAT cingular and vzw aren't merging?????

Oh f_c%

๐Ÿ™„
Crapbag

Dec 21, 2006, 2:50 PM
๐Ÿคฃ CDGSMA? With our powers combined we are Captain Cellular here to charge rediculous rates and squash all potentiol competition!!! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ I would be requiring a cape.
cilvzwagent

Dec 21, 2006, 2:54 PM
Customers just don't understand. They gripe when there isn't any other alternative, but moan and groan if there's too many to chose from.

Had a guy in here the other day that started ranting on about how we don't have enough phones to chose from. When I pointed out that we have almost 30 models to chose from, he tucked his tail between his legs and walked out whimpering. ๐Ÿคฃ
ralph_on_me

Dec 21, 2006, 2:51 PM
I JUST had a family come in and start looking at phones. I'm a pretty annoying salesperson, so I ask them probing questions even when they say they're just looking. The entire family ignored me for about five minutes, and then said thank you and turned to leave. I stopped them and asked them if they had any questions at all I could answer since they were here. They said no and left.

They went out in the parking lot, talked to each other for awhile, and then came back in and said they had a few questions.

That was fun.
frankiewawa

Dec 21, 2006, 3:53 PM
People really think they know it all... when in reality they know nothing about it. Next time a visitant wants to run his mouth I'll just shut up and let him run the show. ๐Ÿคจ
shellis129

Dec 21, 2006, 4:59 PM
Haha. Because half the time, they do. JK

Actually, I learn a lot on these forums but anytime I have a question about something, customer care and the reps at the stores seem to have NO CLUE as to what I'm talking about. And that's when the forums come in handy.

No, but I agree. When I worked in the industry I HATED people thinking that they knew more than me. It got to the point to where I just agreed with them since they really had no idea.

And then I quit.

Yeah, people are idiots.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.