Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

I'm contacted my INSURANCE COMMISSIONER in colorado

sammy2

Aug 27, 2004, 4:00 PM
I use VZW as my carrier. I do not currentlyhave insurence for my phone nor do I have a problem with my phone. I am in the process of considering purchasing insurance for a future phone and wanted to research the policies available to me. I picked up the brochure that VZW has avialble and reviewed it thoroughly.

In the brochure it states (small print) that the brochure "intended to provide general information and should not be considered a complete analysis of coverage. For more information, or for a copy of the policy contact Asurion Insruance Services Inc. at..."

I did contact them and they refused to send out a copy of the policy unless I was already a customer. I beleive this is illegal considering what they state in their broch...
(continues)
SammyJankis

Aug 27, 2004, 4:08 PM
i agree with you. however, i think it probably was an inexperienced rep that you spoke with that first time. in this business i never take the first response as fact.
sammy2

Aug 27, 2004, 4:31 PM
Nor do I. In fact I spoke with a supervisor and actually followed it up with the commissioners office. I learned that our idiot legislators allow them to withhold the policy form non subscribers because the policy is cancellable.

As far as I am concerned it is unconscionable. Now in this case we are talking about very little money but I am attempting to address the principle underlying this.

It is not reasonable to expect someone to sign a contract without having all the information in front of them. They present you with a simplified version that they themselves filtered and chose what wording to include and ask you to sign up. After signing I would receive the policy and then I could cancel if I desire.

If anyone has the as...
(continues)
GWFOX

Aug 27, 2004, 4:59 PM
(straight from my Asurion information)

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Various provisions in this policy restrict coverage. Read the entire policy carefully to determine rights, duties and what is and is not covered. Throughout this policy the words "you" and "your" refer to the Named Insured shown in the declarations. The words" we", "us" and "our" refer to the Company providing this insurance. Other words and phrases that appear in quotation marks have special meaning. Refer to Section G., DEFINITIONS.

A. COVERAGE - We will pay for direct physical "loss" to Covered Property caused by any of the Covered Causes of Loss.
1. Covered Property: as used in this policy, means any of the following items: (a.) wireless telephones, (b.) one standard
(continues)
sammy2

Aug 27, 2004, 5:10 PM
if this comes from the actual policy email me at buy101@earthlink.net

i have seen the term and conditons listed in the brochure.

thanks
cellphone gurl

Aug 27, 2004, 10:24 PM
you ask 2 different people you get 2 different answers........today I had a cust with a blackberry that needed troubleshooting. I called the GSM dept and the rep told me the cust had to go to a website. I figured she was screwing me around because she didn't have a clue so I asked her if she knew anything about blackberries and of course she didn't. it was obvious she did not want to take the time to try and help the customer so i called again and sure enough the next rep was able to help even though she also knew nothing about blackberries.
cellphone gurl

Aug 27, 2004, 10:20 PM
I would rethink the insurance. but also in the policy it could state that if such and such is wrong with your phone you cannot have insurance added. thay might wait until you have the insurance before showing the policy for that reason. the policy may help you aviod not being able to add it
sammy2

Aug 28, 2004, 10:03 AM
that clause already is described in the brochure under "general conditions" concealment paragraph. Its called fraud - and voids the coverage.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.