Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Another Insurance Winner!

sweetsoprano

Dec 18, 2006, 2:05 PM
🙄
C: I lost my phone and signal won't replace it.
m: (looks at account and sees no insurance has EVER been on it) That would be because your account does not cover insurance.
C: They were sposed to put it on in the store.
M: I apologize for that, but there's no insurance on the acct, therefore they cannot process a claim for you. However--
C: THEY WERE SPOSED TA PUT IT IN INNA STORE! DAT AIN'T MY FAULT!
M: Actually, ma'am, it is your responsibility to make sure the features you requested have been added to your acct.
c: I've been having problems with them for 6 months! (*Note: acct's only been open for two months and is past due)
m: Again, ma'am, I do apologize, but the fact remains there is no insurance on this acct, and if yo...
(continues)
Psyix987

Dec 18, 2006, 2:25 PM
Sounds like fun.
craptacularwireless

Dec 18, 2006, 2:26 PM
Same thing will happen to her when she's with Verizon. She'll forget to add the insurance and blame it on the salesperson.
Foamy

Dec 18, 2006, 2:30 PM
No, it's more likely that the salesperson will offer her the insurance and she'll say "No, I don't need dat."

Then smash her phone a month later and call out the salesperson on it saying she asked for it.
katrina

Dec 18, 2006, 2:36 PM
at SunCom customers had to sign a thing sating they declined insurance if they did... I cannot tell you how many times I ran into that situation and went in the back and pulled their paperwork and showed them that they declined insurance lol
craptacularwireless

Dec 18, 2006, 2:39 PM
I bet they still tried to claim that they were never told about insurance.
katrina

Dec 18, 2006, 2:42 PM
yep sometimes. and sometimes they said that it wasn't their signature... but usally they shut up lol
craptacularwireless

Dec 18, 2006, 2:38 PM
That's probably the more likely scenario. It happens all the damn time.

This guy activated a phone with me, when I asked him if he wanted insurance on the phone he told me he didn't want it. You know that on eROES we have to ask them if they want insurance in order to complete the order. Well, a couple months later he comes back telling me that he broke his phone and asked how he could go about buying another phone. I told him that he would have to buy a phone at retail if he didn't have insurance. I remembered him, so I knew he didn't have insurance. Just to make sure, I looked up his account, and sure enough, no insurance. I let him know and he blew up. He asked me why he didn't have insurance. I let him know that I had asked him if he ...
(continues)
sweetsoprano

Dec 18, 2006, 2:42 PM
I don't know what they do in USC stores, but here at telesales when someone activates a phone we do a recording with them and one of the questions we ask on the recording is if they want insurance. So, had she purchased the phone thru telesales, all I would have had to do is pull the recording to figure out what really happened. My guess is that she didn't order the insurance, didn't even think about it till the phone got lost, and thought claiming that the store rep didn't put it on the acct would make us take pity on her and send her another phone. Not hardly! 🙂
krickt

Dec 18, 2006, 2:59 PM
There's a place on the contract that requires initialling for either accepting or denying insurance. If they accept insurance and the charges associated with it, I not only have them sign the back page, I circle the charges on both the front and back pages. We keep a copy of every contract, so that if a custy got insurance and there was a computer glitch we can get them a new phone with an exception. We've only had that happen a few times and only when we've had huge AIM changes (Like July when we had the plan and price changes). Custies will lie as often as they can to get what they want!
craptacularwireless

Dec 18, 2006, 3:05 PM
A customer lie? Heresy!
ralph_on_me

Dec 18, 2006, 2:30 PM
that's why I stick insurance on every insurable phone and take the first months cost out of the price of the phone. Then when they take it off it's on record that they called in to remove it.

buwahahahaha

I also get the people who buy uninsurable phones online and then call in to add insurance. I love opening their accounts and seeing that they've called other stores and CS and we've all denied them.
katrina

Dec 18, 2006, 2:38 PM
I feel sorry for Verizon reps, if even half of the b*chy customers that say "I'm going to Verizon" actually do, they have one grumpy customer base...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.