Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

BIG Opps!!

Ima_Elf

Dec 13, 2006, 6:00 PM
A customer in jeans, a ball cap (short hair) and a navy blue polo shirt just came in.

I do as I always do and welcome the customer:

m: me
c: customer

m: Welcome to *insert provider* sir, how can we help you?

c: I am a female.

m: ๐Ÿ˜ณ I am sorry ma'am

c: *customer left*

๐Ÿคญ
Psyix987

Dec 13, 2006, 6:04 PM
Everyone has done that. When I get a mystery guest I only use non-gender specific words.
Ima_Elf

Dec 13, 2006, 6:11 PM
Thank you for the tip. I will have to start doing that as well.
charliegirl

Dec 13, 2006, 6:05 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
Willwise

Dec 13, 2006, 8:44 PM
lol ๐Ÿคฃ in HIS face
Cell_Queen

Dec 14, 2006, 3:41 AM
no, it would be a ๐Ÿคฃ in HER face.

I think she was embarrased maybe that you called her a dude....

my friend is very tomboyish and she went to the ladies bathroom...a 13 year old girl just stared at her like WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE.....Well the family just happened to be sitting by us at the restraunt we were in and they kept staring because the girl really thought my friend was a boy and upset that she went into the girls bathroom.......well my friend got VERY upset after 15 mins of gawking and lifted up her shirt to show her boobs and was like IM A FUC*ING GIRL! hahha

........we were kicked out of the restraunt but the look on those peoples faces were priceless
romeowhiskey

Dec 13, 2006, 9:05 PM
You should try being a call centre agent when the voice is super raspy and the name sure doesn't help any ๐Ÿ˜
jalanjalaning

Dec 13, 2006, 9:28 PM
my friend is a call center rep... let's just say he's extraordinarily petite and his voice goes along with his body size (totally sounds like a girl, his voice is higher than mine, poor little fellow)... he gets called ma'am, lady, etc... everything...

one time a guy told him he had a sexy voice... long story short he's pretty sure the guy pleased himself while on the phone with him the whole time thinking he was talking to a girl... and asked him to call him when he got off work...
destruit

Dec 14, 2006, 10:07 AM
๐Ÿ˜ณ um, wow...that's just great. I couldn't have sat through that, I would have said something. Oh wait, that's why I don't work in a call center anymore.... ๐Ÿ˜•
romeowhiskey

Dec 14, 2006, 10:22 AM
wow, that must get on the poor guys nerves. i personaly would flip out, and have no mercy on the caller.
jalanjalaning

Dec 14, 2006, 5:18 PM
it happens so much there's really no point in getting upset... whenever we go out people say stuff like "do you ladies want smoking or none" or "do you girls need help"... he is shorter and thinner than all of us and sometimes wears girls clothes (they fit him better)... but he does have facial hair...

we use to work together and i would ask a customer if they needed help and they would say "oh, she's got me" and i would get confused because i was the only girl who worked there... then when i realized i would turn around and go "hey, ANDREW, you're taking care of them" just make the customers feel awkward and hopefully they would never return... maybe that's why the store closed...
kiosk_hell

Dec 13, 2006, 9:32 PM
I did this once to a very effeminate man. He was pissed at first but then he would only deal with me after that. I felt like a complete idiot.
frankiewawa

Dec 14, 2006, 9:21 AM
lol gotta love it. tell her to get a gender check done. visit a doctor. something... ๐Ÿคจ
sweetsoprano

Dec 14, 2006, 9:47 AM
Well if men would look/attempt to sound like men and women would look/attempt to sound like women we wouldn't have these types of problems ๐Ÿ™„ That has happened to me on the phone before.
biznass

Dec 14, 2006, 10:31 AM
AHHHH HAHAHAHAHA!
If it makes you feel better I have done that...
biznass

Dec 14, 2006, 10:32 AM
About Pat...the non-genderoid...
Ima_Elf

Dec 14, 2006, 10:35 AM
I do NOT watch SNL.
StoreLead

Dec 14, 2006, 3:54 PM
yea...i was about to bring that up. ๐Ÿคฃ
Crapbag

Dec 14, 2006, 4:24 PM
I never saw the SNL skit but i do recall possibly the worst movie ever made.
kapwww

Dec 14, 2006, 3:50 PM
That reminds me of the time I worked in a call center in college calling alumni for money. I used to partake in a natural herbal relaxation technique before work, and one night, because I was doing well at getting donations, they gave me a list of alum that graduated in the 20s and 30s. I was calling for a women who should have been about 94. The person who answered the phone sounded like she was maybe 30. When I asked for the name on the paper, she said "she's speaking" but my fogged brain heard "she's deceased". I followed my script at that point, apologized, and asked if we could publish the passing date and other information in the alumni newsletter so that others could be aware. She replied "I'm not dead son, I'm on the phone spea...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.