Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

What is the worst reason for...

frankiewawa

Dec 13, 2006, 12:53 PM
...a customer wanting to return a phone? Right now I have a customer on the phone wanting to return his cingular cell phone because as of recent. cingular has it so you have to dial the area code, even on a local call. and he cant comprehend that he needs to store the name in his phone book with the area code. so he wants to return the phone. 🤣

lets hear yours?
knn_dm

Dec 13, 2006, 12:55 PM
I had a customer return a phone because he couldn't get into in his case for his old phone and was to cheap to buy a new.
frankiewawa

Dec 13, 2006, 12:56 PM
yeah thats pretty pathetic too. just as bad as this guy we just had. 🤨
allim7399

Dec 13, 2006, 9:13 PM
I had a lady this morning who wanted to return her phone because she thought her husband was messing with it to track her because there was a number printed on her battery that matched the first three numbers of her ssn. I assured her it was just a coincidence and I even pulled out my own battery to show her I have the same numbers on mine, but she still didn't buy it! 👀
jrtool

Dec 14, 2006, 12:22 AM
i had a customer who cancel his service (the same day of activation) because his phone is white.
(he activate in the store, not online)
WTF??
frankiewawa

Dec 14, 2006, 9:22 AM
🤣 🤣
TIERRA226

Dec 13, 2006, 1:04 PM
Her husband died and she's depressed. He wanted her to get a phone and it reminds her of him. True story.
Pr0phet

Dec 13, 2006, 1:08 PM
Returned the phone because he was going to get $50 back in the form of a visa gift card, instead of a check.

Please don't give customers money anymore. Thank you.
TIERRA226

Dec 13, 2006, 1:12 PM
I have older customers in my store and the main reason they retur id because of phone functions. Now with older patrons, if I'm not busy, I spend at least 15 minutes explaining how to use the phone so I get p'od when they return them.
Psyix987

Dec 13, 2006, 7:10 PM
I had someone return a Motorola v262 because it has a devil animation that can't be deleted.
jalanjalaning

Dec 13, 2006, 8:16 PM
now that's impressive...
Psyix987

Dec 13, 2006, 8:20 PM
Have you had any weird ones like that?
jalanjalaning

Dec 13, 2006, 9:01 PM
no... we don't do returns... i like to make people cry because of it...

unless they are defective, in which case that's not interesting at all...
Willwise

Dec 13, 2006, 8:50 PM
It is a pretty common reason but I'm about sick of hearing the phrase"my battery won't hold a charge." but if the battery is compatable with our demo phone i can switch the batt. and have it last four days on end.
biznass

Dec 14, 2006, 10:34 AM
Yes indeed that is VERY annoying!
sweetsoprano

Dec 14, 2006, 10:54 AM
Willwise said:
It is a pretty common reason but I'm about sick of hearing the phrase"my battery won't hold a charge." but if the battery is compatable with our demo phone i can switch the batt. and have it last four days on end.

I think that really means "I only remember to charge the battery once a week."
chainsaw

Dec 13, 2006, 9:23 PM
Just had a lady come in and try and return an air card she purchased in september. I guess she had no concept of a 2 year contract or a 30 day buyers remorse period. She seemed real surprised when I told her that there should be a cancellation fee being mailed to her and an equipment fee from us and I wouldn't give her any money back!
krickt

Dec 14, 2006, 11:04 AM
I just had a family of four come in yesterday. They bought the phones in September, and were expecting to upgrade their phones to Krzrs at renewal prices. When I explained the 30 day exchange and the 24 month contract,(and our 18 month renewal) policies they just stared at me. I explained the only way I can get them into a Krzr would be for $400 each. Two of the kids stomped their feet at me and pouted. I did what I do when my kids pull that, I laughed at them, and told them that didn't change anything. The mom looked like she was going to cry. The dad looked at the mom and said, "I told you we were going to get screwed over on this."
I couldn't be quiet. I said "You all four got Razrs, it's what you wanted, I told you in September...
(continues)
sweetsoprano

Dec 14, 2006, 11:07 AM
krickt said:
I just had a family of four come in yesterday. They bought the phones in September, and were expecting to upgrade their phones to Krzrs at renewal prices. When I explained the 30 day exchange and the 24 month contract,(and our 18 month renewal) policies they just stared at me. I explained the only way I can get them into a Krzr would be for $400 each. Two of the kids stomped their feet at me and pouted. I did what I do when my kids pull that, I laughed at them, and told them that didn't change anything. The mom looked like she was going to cry. The dad looked at the mom and said, "I told you we were going to get screwed over on this."
I couldn't be quiet. I said "You all four got Razrs, it's what yo
(continues)
krickt

Dec 14, 2006, 11:09 AM
You can get what you want, but you have to pay for it! Or wait for it. But you are right, you can't always get what you want for what you are willing to pay.
kapwww

Dec 14, 2006, 11:44 AM
Customer's old phone allowed him to record a voice memo/note that was associated with his calendar, so when the reminder came up, he could listen to his note.

The new VZW phones don't have this exact option. He came back after his return period and had already mailed his rebate in.

He now carries both phones. One for calling and one for the calendar. I couldn't really do anything else for him...
dalily21

Dec 14, 2006, 3:18 PM
I don't work in sales, but CS. I had a customer tell me he wanted to return his phone because of some missed call feature. On his old phone he would keep being reminded of a missed call, but this one didn't have it. Sorry, but that was stupid. Learn how to pay attention to your phone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.