Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

"I'll come back when it's free"

kapwww

Dec 4, 2006, 4:15 PM
A lady missing most of her teeth and driving a honda from the 80s, which didn't seem to have any exhaust on it, was looking at the LG 8600. She asks "when is this one gunna be for free?"

My response: "I hope never. If it is ever made cheaply enough to be free, I wouldn't trust it. Even if the price does come down, it won't be for some time and probably won't be free. The phone was just released. Now, on top of that, this phone has a music player, video camera, and Bluetooth. Normally, your 'free' phones would be the phones that don't do anything but make calls. We do have a basic camera phone that would be free after rebate."

Now, if she was buying a new calling plan that cost a large enough amount each month, I could sell it t...
(continues)
chocolateman85006

Dec 4, 2006, 4:18 PM
WTF?
kapwww

Dec 4, 2006, 4:20 PM
yeah...pretty much. Welcome to the last month of my sales life. Stupid shat like that...
sweetsoprano

Dec 4, 2006, 4:19 PM
🙄 I wonder exactly when this shift in society took place where everyone that doesn't deserve it expects everything to be free...
chocolateman85006

Dec 4, 2006, 4:21 PM
Hell naw, it'll never be free; altough when i had Cingular, i bought a ROKR for 19.99. After having it for a while, I realized that I got what I payed for.
katrina

Dec 4, 2006, 4:21 PM
I think it was the first time someone threw in the deer skin mat when another guy bought a cave from him. From then on everyone thought they should get a deer skin mat with their cave.
chocolateman85006

Dec 4, 2006, 4:23 PM
That's pretty old school.
katrina

Dec 4, 2006, 4:28 PM
Yeah, I think people probably havn't changed much in the "i want it for free" department over the last few thousand years
ATT Wireless

Dec 4, 2006, 4:28 PM
No the "I Want it Free" is pureley an AMERICAN thing.
kapwww

Dec 4, 2006, 4:31 PM
It's kinda like that "teach a man to fish" thing...but most Americans, unfortunatly, don't know how to fish...proverbally speaking...
katrina

Dec 4, 2006, 4:36 PM
"give a man a fish, and he will want another free one after he breaks that one. teach a man to fish and he will sue you if the pond is closed for 2 hours for maintenance."

is it that one?
knn_dm

Dec 4, 2006, 4:37 PM
LOL! 🤣
kapwww

Dec 4, 2006, 4:23 PM
😁 😁 😁 😁 😁
kapwww

Dec 4, 2006, 4:22 PM
Walmart. They made everyone feel like they were being ripped off by every other business.

The industry has also dug its own grave on the "free phone" thing. The basic phones weren't so much of a problem. Now that they offering more advanced phones free after rebate, people just think everything should be free.
chocolateman85006

Dec 4, 2006, 4:24 PM
Damn; I wish my posts got immediate responses like this. Anyway, you get what you pay for.
kapwww

Dec 4, 2006, 4:26 PM
Unless you work for the right comany and they let you upgrade personal lines at cost (after you figure carrier commission and phone cost). After my rebate, tax included, I'll be paying about $15.00 for my 8600...if that's what I settle on.
kapwww

Dec 4, 2006, 4:27 PM
oh...and as far as posts getting attention...I think it's because I work in a ghetto store and I get a large amount of redneck traffic. It's amazing what their uneducated, simple minds come up with.
Crapbag

Dec 4, 2006, 5:01 PM
Thats when you politely kick her in the teeth dislodging the few sad stalactites hanging in. You could be saving her a fortune on her dental bill relieving some cash for phones! 😁
cilvzwagent

Dec 4, 2006, 5:14 PM
We do our pricing WAY different from half the other agents/stores out there. Our prices are based on your price plan and agreement terms. If this customer came into my store, all I would have had to tell her to get the phone for free, just sign a 2 yr contract on a price plan of $79.99 or higher on that line, and it's free after $50 Mail-In-Rebate. No matter if it is a New Line or an Upgrade.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.