Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Uhmmm, Please don't kill me, I just honestly don't know the number.

Be a Randall not a Dante

Nov 28, 2006, 12:58 PM
Okay, I'm an authorized dealer (Third party dealer) for the big orange splotch. Before I started working in the cell phone industry I didn't realize that half the stores were third party dealers, so I never assume our customers know the difference. That said, I got a call today that really ticked me off, and kinda scared me. An older woman, (I'm guessing late 40's early 50's calls)

C: Do you have the number for the corporate store acoss town? Cause I no you can't look up out of state numbers (True) and they always have better deals (Not true. We're almost always cheaper then they are)
Me: Uhmmm actually, no... I don't have their number ....
C: What? (Screaming at the top of her lungs) What the f**k is wrong with you? Why don't you have...
(continues)
Be a Randall not a Dante

Nov 28, 2006, 1:03 PM
Wow, there are like 50 spelling mistakes in that... I really should proofread stuff before I post it.
that_one_girl

Nov 28, 2006, 1:07 PM
It's ok. Getting yelled at by a mean old lady just stressed you out. Spelling mistakes are forgivable under such circumstances.
Sales

Nov 28, 2006, 1:09 PM
Ya get used to it b/c you will get yelled at at least once a week, It just comes with the territory Good Luck
that_one_girl

Nov 28, 2006, 1:11 PM
Yeah, I love it when people tell me they're going to go to a "REAL" store. I hate being imaginary.
Sales

Nov 28, 2006, 1:15 PM
Ya I don't know how many people I have come in here and say well if you can't help me who can? It will be something like my phone broke b/c I dropped it and the person who sold me it said it was under warranty lol and they don't have insurance either....
Dharkone

Nov 28, 2006, 5:31 PM
dont sweat it, i work in a call center and getting yelled at is part of the job. But I always say after a thrilling call like the one you had is aint nothing a few beers can make me forget!
charliegirl

Nov 28, 2006, 1:14 PM
🤣 🤣 I had one of my 3rd party dealers call to order a phone yesterday. The earliest I could get it to him was Wednesday unless he came to pick it up. So I hear him tell his customer they can have it wednesday (2 days no big deal) This woman went ballistic on him screaming at the top of her lungs!! I felt bad for him
mela774

Nov 28, 2006, 1:20 PM
😲

I probably would have told her, "Okay, I'm going to hang up now. You call again when you've calmed down." And then she would've heard a *click*.

I've done it before at my other job. You're there to help, not take threats and abuse.
Cell_Queen

Nov 28, 2006, 2:38 PM
Oh god this would freak me out too! The thing that really sucks is now you have to watch your back when you go home because you live in the same town as this crack head lol! We get a lot of customer service calls that end up in the old B*tches yelling at us but we dont actually feel that threatened because they are in Alaska or something lol...

Eeek I would just watch your back and bring a mase! Spray the old lady with pepper spray and hit her with a man purse!
Be a Randall not a Dante

Nov 28, 2006, 4:53 PM
Sadly the man purse thing is pretty accurate (I prefer to think of it as a European carry-all) I have one of those hanging backpacks that I bring books and food to work in...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.