Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Do salesmen have an easier time getting dates?

smorris

Nov 14, 2006, 3:53 PM
I'm just going to float this theory, but as a young man in sales, I've noticed that other salesmen I work with have the same propensity I do for meeting women.

I haven't seen this in any other line of work either. (Unless you're UBER loaded, and that's just a different ballgame altogether.)

Generally, I think it breaks down to this.

1. Salesmen are generally well-dressed, and have a sharp looking appearance. I myself take a special amount of pride in having the best look I can - and also, a very trendy look.

2. Salesmen are confident. Women love a confident man. I'm as confident in myself as a person can be. (Borderline ****y.)

3. Salesmen generally have a good sense of humor (if they're good), and have excellent social sk...
(continues)
PhoneyName

Nov 14, 2006, 4:00 PM
I think the same thing applies to women in sales, for the most part. I get asked out over my cash register all the time. And about half the time I offer to show a man how to put contacts into his new phone, he says something along the lines of "well, you can put your number in there for me." 🙄
All the attributes you credit for your success apply to both sexes (except maybe confidence... confidence in a woman tends to scare you boys off).
CellularHadoken

Nov 14, 2006, 4:41 PM
I like a confident woman. One that will knock tha crap outa me when i mess up! 😁
smorris

Nov 14, 2006, 5:06 PM
Yeah... so uhm... that's a fetish, not a preference.
3ntropy

Nov 14, 2006, 6:32 PM
smorris said: I'm as ****y as a person can be.
3ntropy

Nov 14, 2006, 6:32 PM
theeere we go...
Innascent

Nov 14, 2006, 6:59 PM
i agree with you a lil bit.... i get a$$ but i got more in a call center where i wore a suit everyday.....
KioskLife

Nov 14, 2006, 9:19 PM
Omg.. I'll say this in the nicest way, but please, for the love of god, get over yourself. That's a myspace matter, people are here to talk about life as sales rep, not to hear about you and your looks and how many dates you get... there are websites for that.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.