Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Samsung Blackjack

peanutblue

Nov 14, 2006, 1:25 PM
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting a Samsung Blackjack with Cingular when it comes out. I notice it's listed as a "smartphone" instead of a PDA.

Does that mean it'll use Cingular's $19.99 internet package instead of the $39.99 PDA package?
cingcing

Nov 14, 2006, 1:28 PM
I would think so cause it's a smartphone, not a PDA.
peanutblue

Nov 14, 2006, 1:31 PM
You'd think they'd tell us this stuff, wouldn't you?

But until now the distinction between smartphone and PDA is a full QWERTY keyboard, which the Blackjack has.

Pretty sweet, if the $19.99 will work.
switchy85

Nov 14, 2006, 1:53 PM
Hmm, I've always distinguished them by screen size. PDA usually have a nice, big screen while smartphones are stuck with the 2.2" screen (straight up and down or sideways like the BlackJack). We will just have to wait and see for this one. ๐Ÿคจ
cingcing

Nov 14, 2006, 2:01 PM
I always thought (for windows devices.) the software decided whether it was a smartphone or PDA. I thought if it had Windows smartphone it was well, a smartphone. If it had Windows mobile on it, it was a PDA.
stevelvl

Nov 15, 2006, 9:47 AM
you are correct. A "SMART PHONE" is nothing more then a regular phone running windows ce. it means it does nto have the fancy stilus or word or all that jazz. it is pritty much just like a regular phone but it runs windows and is more compicated to operate.

but hear is the real question if it is running windows can it really be called a smart phone? sounds like a totaly stupid idea to me!
switchy85

Nov 15, 2006, 2:22 PM
Actually, being a smartphone owner (SMT5600) I find it quite easy to operate. And the new Windows Mobile 5 has the ability to read Microsoft Office documents such as word and excel (look at the Cingular 3125). Granted, WM PDAs are much more powerful.
ralph_on_me

Nov 14, 2006, 3:05 PM
You'd think so, but no.

It's classified as a PDA by Cingular and requires the PDA connect. We got the email on it yesterday.
cingcing

Nov 14, 2006, 3:21 PM
That's what they said about the 8125 too, but that works fine on the 19.99 data plan.
ralph_on_me

Nov 14, 2006, 3:25 PM
Yeah, but you're not SUPPOSED to do it. I don't set people up on that plan because then I'm responsible if they ever catch them.

The Blackjack is supposed to be on the PDA connect.
cingcing

Nov 14, 2006, 3:30 PM
No one cares. Not care, not tech support, not my Cingular rep. No one. I try to get them on the PDA connect, but I'll offer the 19.99 unlim if they are going to walk. My reps and I get paid about the same on both, so it makes little or no difference to me.
ralph_on_me

Nov 14, 2006, 3:40 PM
nobody cares about the PDA connect in my market. Hell, the other day I activated two E62s on a 6000 minute plan with the BB connect 200 messages, and it was still cheaper than their old provider. That one kind of pissed me off that we have commission payout caps from Cingy. If it payed out the way the other plans and features do that would've been over a grand in profit as opposed to the $650 it made my store.
longsleeves

Nov 15, 2006, 1:36 PM
The first I heard of it was on Jimmy Kimmel what a horroble sketch.
smorris

Nov 15, 2006, 3:38 PM
The Samsung Gambling Addiction

๐Ÿ˜
cingcing

Nov 15, 2006, 4:56 PM
That's good, but I would have called it the Samsung Q.
cingcing

Nov 22, 2006, 4:47 PM
I just sold a Blackjack with the 19.99 media max package. It works just fine, and it's still within the limitations of the rebate.
ralph_on_me

Nov 22, 2006, 5:29 PM
Cingcing, if you know it's the wrong plan why do you put customers on it?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.