Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

What the heck... honestly!

Nikoletta

Nov 4, 2006, 5:49 PM
It's just "I'm a freaking idiot" day today. I don't think I've had a single literate caller all day... they've all be morons. People who struggle spelling their own name for god's sake!

I'm ready to go home now thank you very much.
getsome

Nov 4, 2006, 6:12 PM
I had a lady tell me today to shut up because i told her dont cuss in my store. as she was walking out she said "i pay my bill so YOU can be here".

idiots.
AG050

Nov 6, 2006, 7:27 PM
that is fab!!!

i would have tripped her on her way out LOL ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Jennyboo

Nov 4, 2006, 6:21 PM
โ˜น๏ธ yeah....mmeeeee tttooooooo

If I get one more person that can't speak ENGLISH...I swear.....

๐Ÿ‘ฟ
getsome

Nov 4, 2006, 6:24 PM
speaking about not speaking eglish...so far this year i've already learned basic spanish and practically know how to do sign language. i love our custys.

ehhhhh,,,
Nikoletta

Nov 4, 2006, 6:47 PM
I hate getting "ehhh... you speak Spanish?" We have an option for Spanish (it's even said in Spanish) when you call in... all they have to do is press 2 (instead of 1) so they PICKED ENGLISH the idiots.

At least with Sign Language (I'm taking ASL in college atm) they (Deaf People) really don't have a lot of options. They can't exactly learn to speak English and Lip Reading only works 30% of the time.
Jennyboo

Nov 4, 2006, 6:52 PM
I have a regular that is deaf and we both found paper and pen works really well ...

lol
Nikoletta

Nov 4, 2006, 7:21 PM
It works but I like signing, it's really very nice, easier to learn than most spoken languages too. Deaf People REALLY appreciate it if you learn even a little sign too.

There's a web site if you're interested, www.aslpro.com that's pretty good. Some words aren't quite the same as we learn them but it's got some great video clips.
lilmissqt28

Nov 4, 2006, 9:53 PM
I get mistaken for spanish a lot and one time I had a customer ask me one time "You speak spanish?" when i replied with no he said "Why?" WHY?!?!?!? WHY?!?!?! WHERE ARE WE??????? sheeeeesh!
Hayate

Nov 8, 2006, 10:33 PM
I used to work at a GameStop where a majority of the customers were Mexican and spoke no English. There was a Mexican guy that worked there with me and he didn't know any Spanish at all and actually always said the Mexicans in the area needed to learn to speak English. He CONSTANTLY had Mexicans asking him stuff in Spanish and he would just look at them and laugh - not in a mean way, just in a "Why do people keep doing this to me?" kind of way.
krickt

Nov 6, 2006, 1:38 PM
You have to be careful with partial knowlege of any language. I grew up within a few miles of OSD (OK school for the deaf) and I learned a pretty good little vocabulary, but once those guys think you know sign, they sign as fast as they can. I can't read it that fast. I always sign "Know Little Sign, Slow" and that usually gets them to slow down until they learn that I know more than a little sign.
CptWireless

Nov 6, 2006, 7:26 PM
Hold on... you're customer is deaf? Don't we deal in cell phones? ๐Ÿคจ
Hayate

Nov 8, 2006, 10:26 PM
I've come across this before too. The guy bought the Cingular 8125 and uses it for email, IM, and texting exclusively.
Cell_Queen

Nov 6, 2006, 3:57 AM
I say this because my bestfriend is deaf...but dont pity deaf people...they are deaf not disabled...if they work hard enough they can learn to speak english and lip read...my friend can talk very well and lip reads very well...kind of off the subject but just responding to this post ๐Ÿ™‚
thisguyosu

Nov 4, 2006, 6:29 PM
only 1 hour and 31 min left ๐Ÿ˜•
Nikoletta

Nov 4, 2006, 8:54 PM
That's the Fifth freaking "Speak Spanish?" I've gotten today. The IVR isn't hard. It says, in Spanish... (I can't spell it in Spanish) "To continue in Spanish press 2." Every single part of it is in Spanish, it's the only thing that's in Spanish in the first part of the IVR... JUST PRESS TWO LACKWHIT!
Cell_Queen

Nov 6, 2006, 3:59 AM
๐Ÿคฃ you guys are lucky that you guys have spanish speakers....we don't even have that! We have to call "Language Line" to get an interpeter and conference the call...it's a lot of hassle
fraud patrol

Nov 8, 2006, 10:17 PM
the best is the interpetor on a chinese call...the customer and the interpetor will talk for like 10 minutes...and the interpetor will come back and tell you he is unhappy about his bill....WTF??? if a language requires 10 min of conversation to get one line out of it...it is so not worth the time!
AgentSteffen

Nov 4, 2006, 10:21 PM
LLets say i take 100 calls a day, out of that 100 about 80 of those people dont know thier cell phone numbers, dont know thier socials, and couldnt spell thier names to save thier lives. so i guess that goes to show how my companies customer base really is.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.