Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Finding a good sales rep

pritz1000

Oct 12, 2006, 4:52 PM
I have always wondered where to find a good sales rep. Any insight would be helpful.
I have a retail store in Santa Clarita, CA and am looking for a good sales rep, but the ones I get just don't care to sale even though they are on commission based plus salary.
If you know anyone that would be interested, please email me info or send resume.
Thx
ralph_on_me

Oct 12, 2006, 4:56 PM
hire for attitude, not for aptitude.
alcave21

Oct 12, 2006, 5:07 PM
i totally aree with that comment its not the ability that makes a salesperson its the drive...
rwilliams

Oct 12, 2006, 4:57 PM
Take away the hourly and boost the commission percentages a slight bit. That'll drive them to want to sell ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Foamy

Oct 12, 2006, 5:30 PM
Make mandatory quotas. Tell them if they don't sell X amount per week they recieve NO commission for that week.

That oughta motivate them.
albundysimpson

Oct 13, 2006, 1:10 AM
Go to the Verizon corporate store on Bouquet Canyon and hire the exact opposite.
frankiewawa

Oct 13, 2006, 8:01 AM
๐Ÿคฃ LOL
MeatballzNGravy

Oct 13, 2006, 8:59 AM
Need to find a fresh face with no experience in the industry. they will be the most willing to learn and go out and hustle. Once you have "seasoned" reps, there heads get big, get ****y and expect everyone and everything to come to them. Fresh meat have that drive to stand up there with the big boys and will entale modivate the older reps because they dont want to be shown up by a newbie.

Problem solved !
meemeebee

Oct 13, 2006, 7:46 PM
ok where did you come up w/ meatballzngravy? Do you like meat balls w/ gravy? ๐Ÿคจ
MeatballzNGravy

Oct 14, 2006, 10:39 AM
LoL, if I had a dollar for everytime i was asked this. So, I am not going to tell you. Make it interesting. Go search thorough past lounge forums and find one of the many times I explained it. Come back and tell me what it is and you get a prize !
spidermon

Oct 14, 2006, 2:08 PM
It all comes down to the way a person is raised. Selling comes from your upbringing some people got lucky most did not it always a crapshoot when you are hiring sales reps sorry man. Keep goin eventually you will find a great one tha will make it all worth it. ๐Ÿ˜Ž Like me but I dont live there sorry.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.