Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Can I use your phone?

lilmissqt28

Oct 3, 2006, 9:03 PM
Customer in his mid to late 60's walks up...

Cust: I lost my phone.

Me: Oh no!! Do you have insurance?

Cust: I'm not sure. Can I use your phone to call my daughter quick?

Me: *thinking that he's calling to get account info of some sort* Sure!

The customer then makes a call... No answer.. Pulls a piece of paper out of his pock, asks me to dial this number for him then stands at my kiosk talking to someone about buying a car from them. The call lasted about 5 minutes. When he hung up, I asked if he wanted to look at phones. He said "No thanks!"
MotoJoe22

Oct 3, 2006, 9:46 PM
That gentleman played you like a fiddle. I hope he wasnt an ass when he said no thanks.. I noticed you added an "!" I hope he didnt smile afterwards. I would have kicked him in thne back of the head.
lilmissqt28

Oct 3, 2006, 10:26 PM
So I close at 9:30. At 9:27 the guy comes running down the mall.
Him: What's your best phone per month?
Me: .....?
Him: For like 300 minutes?
Me: oh, our plans... (I fill him in)
Him: Okay, can you run me through?
Me: ...?
Him: See, I have Sprint, but they said if I want a new phone it's $160 so I want another company.
Me: I just need your license
Him: Huh? I don't got one.
Me: Then I can't help you
after much hassle, I just wanna go home and don't have a good feeling he'll be approved, so I run it without the ID.. what do you think????

$800 deposit of course!!!!!!!!!!
Foamy

Oct 4, 2006, 9:08 AM
You should've hung up the phone once you heard the conversation had nothing to do with your business.

And if he questioned you about it, point him in the direction of the pay phones.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.