Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Why?

Nikoletta

Oct 1, 2006, 3:49 PM
"I got dis phone off ebay and I jus wanna adivate it." (I'm not kidding that's verbatim.)

He said it was a Moto v70 which I think is a nifty looking phone but we haven't carried in the better part of three years.

What I don't understand is why people just buy phones off ebay then call in to activate without doing research at least a little first. Just saw a phone they liked the look of and plopped down the cash on it. Der... It's a single band phone, so it'll work but not outside of major cities (not that this particular in-duh-vidual probably ever is going to leave the mile he lives in.)
LordOfPhoneScoop

Oct 1, 2006, 4:23 PM
LOL. In-duh-vidual. You've read "The Dilber Future" haven't you?
Nikoletta

Oct 1, 2006, 4:50 PM
Many Times.
LordOfPhoneScoop

Oct 1, 2006, 4:55 PM
So how have you been holding up? I haven't talked to you in a while. This is GodHatesMe by the way.
Nikoletta

Oct 1, 2006, 5:35 PM
Ah name change. Pretty good, actually very good, it's nice not dealing with morons all the time. How about you?
LordOfPhoneScoop

Oct 1, 2006, 5:57 PM
I'll be quitting within the next 4-6 months. I can't wait.
Nikoletta

Oct 1, 2006, 6:07 PM
Nice.
xmatt02x

Oct 1, 2006, 6:10 PM
why are you going to be quitting??
LordOfPhoneScoop

Oct 1, 2006, 6:45 PM
I've been out of school so I could work full time and support myself and my fiancee. She graduates in December and when she gets a job I'm going back to finish up and quitting.
Nikoletta

Oct 1, 2006, 7:07 PM
My boyfriend and I are talking about something similar... I'm working part time and he's full time while I finish school but once I get close to done he'll go part as well and we'll both be in school, then I finish and he's full time... good times.
Phoneking13

Oct 2, 2006, 7:29 PM
LordOfPhoneScoop said:
I'll be quitting within the next 4-6 months. I can't wait.

Where ya going?

Terry C.
mrraincoat

Oct 2, 2006, 10:52 AM
Heh, I had a guy come in with a phone that he claimed to have gotten on ebay. It was a demo, you know, the kind that are made of plastic, have a piece of lead to simulate weight, and have NO FUNCTION. I think he stole it from some store and thought he was a complete badass.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.