Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Land of the Idots!

cilvzwagent

Sep 28, 2006, 10:54 AM
So the other night I had a customer come in to upgrade her phone. Our sucky system e*roes kept erroring out. When I called in to have it put through manually, the first rep instead of actually doing his job just did an ESN change.......took the moron 30 minutes to do it. Then I called back in thinking he didn't do something right as I didn't see the new contract terms appear on his account. This rep told me that a 2yr upgrade can't be done on a share line unless they come in on the exact day they are eligible, and then they can only sign a 1 year. 😳 How stupid can we be! Finally the 3rd rep I got fixed it. Why is it that we can't seem to get people trained to do their job, let alone KNOW their job?!?! It's starting to get old... t...
(continues)
cilvzwagent

Sep 28, 2006, 10:54 AM
lol...that should have said IDIOTS 🤣
Willwise

Sep 28, 2006, 11:03 AM
it is not just you guys I spent 20 minutes trying to convince a cs rep that our family plans DO have mobile2mobile than he acted like he did the customer a favor. That rep was a total ballgoblin
AG050

Sep 29, 2006, 2:06 PM
lol
dee dee dee

sometimes the reps we get think they are smarter then us and get irritated. don't they know we are all on the same time and we all hate customers the same 🙄 🤣
Jebus

Sep 29, 2006, 3:46 PM
hey, maybe if you sales people on the "front line" would actually tell the customer that there is going to be a 36 dollar handset upgrade fee when they upgrade their phone, we would be a little more willing to help yall out instead of bs-ing ya. but no, yall wouldnt want to do that, cuz it would ruin a sale! yall would rather not tell them so they can call into us crying about HUF and us tell them that we cannot waive them and tell them to go back into store to get it waived.
AG050

Sep 29, 2006, 3:55 PM
uuummmm not sure who you work for, but our parent company doesn't "waive" fees. AND... yes there's an AND... I am a better sales person then that. I am up front with my customers and I teach my reps to be the same way.

SO... don't get annoyed with me. Cause you are just justifying the statement I already made.

Most cs reps are good decent people and do their job well... but some hate their jobs more then they hate customers and are not helpful
Jebus

Sep 29, 2006, 4:06 PM
that last statement i equally agree with and sorry for goin off on you, but some in store reps tell these customer the stupidest things that they believe and we have to let them down, lol. i work for sprint which is who i was assuming you might work somewhat for since you said esn and upgrade.
AG050

Sep 29, 2006, 4:16 PM
it's okay. i understand the frustrations. it doesn't seem like the corporations tell the same thing to all channels which confuses the heck out of reps and out of customers.

i work for cingy... and have for almost 6 years.
cilvzwagent

Sep 29, 2006, 5:11 PM
I agree with you. Even tho we don't charge an upgrade fee..... I appreciate the reps who don't tell the customers about it, because then we get to port them over 🙂 But it's a huge inconvenience for the customers.
krickt

Sep 30, 2006, 10:21 AM
Just because a customer says we didn't tell them about it, don't make it so. I have never let a new customer, or a renewing customer leave without understanding what is going to show up on their next bill, and I'll bet most of the other reps are doing the same thing.
I get 4-6 people a week telling me that somebody in my store (either me, my mother, my father or my hubby) didn't tell them about activation fees or equipment change fees. I usually just say, "really? Which one of us was it?" When we are all standing in front of them, they back down quick. Custies will lie out of their teeth if they think they can get charged less.
AG050

Sep 29, 2006, 3:51 PM
i ment team not time....
i am a window licker, sorry 🙄

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.