Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

How many freebies?

krickt

Sep 27, 2006, 2:13 PM
Customer calls me, asking about our plans, the price of the phones, how much his deposit might be.
I give him all the right answers, until we get to the deposit part. Now according to our rules, I'm not supposed to run credit on anybody if they are not in my store with their very own SS card and drivers licence. I can't do it over the phone. I tell him that the deposits range from 50-600 per line, and then I have to have the money for each phone as well as the deposit at the time of activation.
He stews a minute, and blusters about not having time to do the credit check in person, then decides it's probably better for his security and safety that we have these policies.
Then he asks what he will get with the phone for free. I go ...
(continues)
krickt

Sep 27, 2006, 2:29 PM
Sorry sent this before ending it. Customer starts yelling at me that he isn't lying and that he wants his free bluetooth and I can take it out of his deposit or something. I asked if there was anything else I can help you with and hung up the phone. He called my mom and went off on how we didn't give away everything other USCC's give away. I got on the other line and called the USCC agent down the road, they are not, and will not ever give a free bluetooth away, unless USCC is doing a givaway. He told me about the guy on the phone who told him that we were giving away bluetooths, I told him I had him on the other line and that he was yelling at my mother about not honoring other agents offers. The agent laughed and told me to have my m...
(continues)
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 27, 2006, 2:34 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣

Priceless
krickt

Sep 27, 2006, 3:10 PM
It was too long, and not well written, but when it just happened, sometimes I don't think it out enough to write well!
squirrelbacon

Sep 27, 2006, 4:49 PM
what is it about the word, no , that people just simply dont understand, or dont belive when you tell them. thick headed a-holes 👿
AG050

Sep 28, 2006, 6:40 PM
that truely is wonderful
🤣

i hate when customer try to play the company on itself.... and hate it even more when you have the dumb arse rep who think's "the customer is always right" so gives it to the person anyways 🙄
TIERRA226

Sep 27, 2006, 3:06 PM
I had a customer swear me up and down that Verizon was giving him 2 free Razr's if he upgraded. I asked him did he have a family plan. He said no but assured me that in the store that's what they said. Now during that month Verizon was offering for new activations buy one, get one free Razr's but never for 2 phones for 1 single Upgrade. After talking for 5 minutes and him standing by what he said, I gave up. Pity for the agent he saw next.
krickt

Sep 27, 2006, 3:09 PM
I just thought it was funny that we got him cornered. The other agent was calling the third agent/carrier in the county as he was hanging up with me. He thought he was hilarious!
TIERRA226

Sep 27, 2006, 3:11 PM
Priceless! I hate people who come in with a made up plan, phone price, etc.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.