Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 26 replies

Maybe I'm too much of a softie...

stef222

Sep 19, 2006, 7:02 PM
๐Ÿ˜ข
This last customer just left, and I had (ok, still do) have tears in my eyes.

She was angry that her LG antenna broke off. How am I to know how it broke off?
So she tells me she shouldn't have paid for the one she got through us before, and that she wants me to make her happy.
Starts going on and on and on about how shes been a great customer and yada yada.
And then she says she wants me to get someone on the phone and get her an antenna for her phone, in this store, right now.
I call my co-worker to see if he has a spare one (I know he has a box of junk phones) he does, but he dosen't have any idea how to get it off. He then tells me to tell her to take it to the other store (I'm an agent, we have no techs) and have a tec...
(continues)
shleeban

Sep 19, 2006, 7:06 PM
thats rude... i tried messaging you... but it looks like it may not work
stef222

Sep 19, 2006, 7:07 PM
I've gotten nothing so far. โ˜น๏ธ
Try messaging store 1000 maybe?

It was rude. She was such a flippen biotch.
shleeban

Sep 19, 2006, 7:12 PM
yeah dont worry about it... we get rude people all the time... next time when they say theyll leave just say it wont hurt ur paycheck any hahahaha
shleeban

Sep 19, 2006, 7:13 PM
i think its because we are on seperate POS's... becuz ur USCEll and im verizon
stef222

Sep 19, 2006, 7:23 PM
Yes... probably. :-(
captainplooky

Sep 19, 2006, 11:55 PM
You cried because women in general are not fully acclimated to the workplace.

Don't hate me for saying it, it's just how it is.
NU2U

Sep 20, 2006, 9:04 AM
captainplooky said:
You cried because women in general are not fully acclimated to the workplace.blockquote>

๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿคจ The f**k?? Where do you live? 1952? I sincerely hope you don't actually believe that... ๐Ÿ™„
krickt

Sep 20, 2006, 10:04 AM
She cried because she has a heart. A man would have gotten angry, which do you think would be a better business trait. Women have been in "business" just as long as men, in fact, if it weren't for women in business, business could not exist. Grow a brain.
stef222

Sep 20, 2006, 4:13 PM
๐Ÿ˜ฒ You did NOT really just say that!!!!
captainplooky

Sep 21, 2006, 10:27 PM
I did and it's firmly rooted in knowledge of psychological differences between men and women.

I did not intend for it to be an insult or demeaning in any way, shape, or form.

There are stark differences between men and women and to claim there are none present in the workplace is nothing more then political correctness gone awry.

Though I must admit, having read your posts I do feel heartened that there are in fact people still capable of feeling compassion and empathy. Honorable traits in my book.
chainsaw

Sep 20, 2006, 5:02 PM
๐Ÿคฃ That is probably why the male to female ratio in cell phone sales is about 4:1.
stef222

Sep 20, 2006, 5:05 PM
Not here. In the 2 stores I work at, there is 1 guy and 5 girls. ๐Ÿ˜›
chainsaw

Sep 20, 2006, 5:08 PM
wow I wanna work there! ๐Ÿ˜› don't worry about the mean people they are usually on the lower spectrum of the iq scale. Just know that you are a good person and how much more reasonable you are. It should make you smile knowing you are a better person.
stef222

Sep 20, 2006, 5:20 PM
If there are more of then men folk where you work, lets switch!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

And yeah, it do feel better knowing I'm the better person, I just don't understand how people think it's ok to talk to someone that way.
raycarroll70

Sep 20, 2006, 8:52 AM
Just know that 99.9% of the time the hostility being directed towards you by an irrate customer isn't personal it's business(as said in You Got Mail). You unfortunately are the soul or souless one as the case may be that just happens to be in from of the customer at the time. What you experienced yesterday is something all of us in retail have been there done that so then next time you come into work Stephanie, make you you don't forget to put on your Teflon outfit over your work clothes. Don't worry, since the Teflon's invisible, it'll match and still repel customer's remarks.
shleeban

Sep 20, 2006, 11:44 AM
that had to have been one of the most homo things ive ever heard ๐Ÿคฃ but i still find you entertaining ray ๐Ÿคฃ
raycarroll70

Sep 20, 2006, 11:48 AM
My Teflon suit also repels forum member barbs. LOL!
stef222

Sep 20, 2006, 4:13 PM
Bleh, I know. I really tried not to take it personally, but the things she was saying. I'm not so good when people start cussing me out for something I had nothing to do with.
raycarroll70

Sep 20, 2006, 4:25 PM
Even though I don't know you personally Stephanie, the personality I've seen of you here is as vibrant as a Leo diamond and I'd open a can of whoop butt on them if I was there. Someone has to take care of the green sales representatives
stef222

Sep 20, 2006, 4:40 PM
And you mean what by as vibrant as a leo diamond? ๐Ÿ˜›

No really, I don't know.

And I've always been a pushover, it's sort of a curse. โ˜น๏ธ
krickt

Sep 20, 2006, 4:42 PM
Having a heart is not a curse. You just have to figure out how to use it as a strength and not a weakness.
stef222

Sep 20, 2006, 4:54 PM
Teach me how, oh wise one. ๐Ÿ˜‰
krickt

Sep 20, 2006, 5:05 PM
I wish I could. I'm cursed with heartlessness, or so my customers tell me. I wish I could cry about things, but I can't. I will tell you time and age heal all things, if the things don't kill you first.
ralph_on_me

Sep 20, 2006, 5:02 PM
being a werewolf is a curse.
raycarroll70

Sep 20, 2006, 4:43 PM
Your personality and charm is as vibrant as a Leo Diamond. It's like candy to a guy's heart.
stef222

Sep 20, 2006, 4:46 PM
Oooh ๐Ÿ˜ Well thanks.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.