Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 23 replies

just a bad day

chainsaw

Sep 18, 2006, 1:31 PM
So, it has been slow all morning and my first customer comes in.

Him: Yeah this is my 4th bluetooth headset and people say they can't hear me can you give me a new one?

Me: When did you get it?

Him: Well I got the first one in december and you guys have given me a new one everytime it has stopped working. I got my last one in may.

Me: Well, unfotunately the policy has changed. We can only do instore warranty replacements during the first 30 days. You could try and call plantronics they offer a one year warranty.

Him: I don't have time for that sh!t. This is important I can't have customer not being able to hear me.

Me: Well I don't want to take a $62 hit on my commission by breaking the policy. It could be your phone that i...
(continues)
dad2b

Sep 18, 2006, 1:37 PM
i love those cust's who just want to p*ss and moan. i laugh at them. then they get even madder. it makes my day. ๐Ÿ™„
krickt

Sep 18, 2006, 1:41 PM
Just smile. If your Bluetooth can cost you that much money, then fork over some more so that isn't an issue.
I wish we could say to these jerks. "It sounds like a personal problem to me, not USCC's or mine, yours big boy."
alejandro

Sep 18, 2006, 1:46 PM
besides, its not like holding the phone up to your ear is lifting weights or anything...
craptacularwireless

Sep 18, 2006, 1:48 PM
I don't know man, some of the phones I see people still using look pretty heavy. Kinda like the customers who are about to walk into my store.. โ˜น๏ธ
chainsaw

Sep 18, 2006, 2:25 PM
It just seems that if it is so important for people to have the headset and you are losing business because it is breaking wouldn't it make sense just to buy a new one since you have had this one for almost a year?
Cymballistix86

Sep 18, 2006, 1:44 PM
That's what happens when you try to pass the buck. ****ty situation, but were you really that surprised at his reaction?
ralph_on_me

Sep 18, 2006, 1:51 PM
Yeah... people really shouldn't pass the buck to the wireless service provider. They should take it straight to the manufacturer of the product.
Cymballistix86

Sep 18, 2006, 2:00 PM
Exactly. 9 times out of 10, when you deliver the bad news to the customer (that really isn't our fault โ˜น๏ธ ) they say "that's what I figured/thought/should've known/done" Well, if you thought/knew/figured/etc then WTF ARE YOU DOING MAKING IT MY PROBLEM!? ๐Ÿ‘ฟ Sales rep is exactly that. ๐Ÿ˜ It doesn't mean I'm a phone repair service ๐Ÿคจ , or a customer service rep ๐Ÿ‘€ , or your effing errand boy ๐Ÿคฃ . No I don't want to call cust. service for you ๐Ÿ™„ , no I can't fix your phone โ˜น๏ธ , no I can't/won't activate a 10yr old phone when you have the option of a free one ๐Ÿ˜ณ . NO NO NO NO NO!!! Not that I don't try to help my customers at every opportunity but GODDAMN! "Some muthaf@#kers are always tryin to ice skate up hill." ๐Ÿ˜Ž
ralph_on_me

Sep 18, 2006, 2:10 PM
lol, nice use of smilies.
peanutblue

Sep 18, 2006, 2:23 PM
I had one earlier who'd received a replacement phone from the warranty department and wanted me to put it together for her... no problem. Then, before she left, she turned to me and told me that she'd spent twenty minutes on hold with them and then got cut off, and had to call back.

I nodded, smiled, and said "Is there anything else we can do for you today?"

I'm not going to apologize for the warranty department, or give you something free because they cut you off.
Cymballistix86

Sep 18, 2006, 2:35 PM
Here here. I can't stand a customer who expects me to "pay up" for the short-comings of others. If it's something that the company did, I'll help you. If it's something someone did personally, such as another associate or employee, KISS MY ASS!
chainsaw

Sep 18, 2006, 2:41 PM
lol thats my phrase!
chainsaw

Sep 18, 2006, 2:26 PM
A little. I think every customer I have had today has said a 4 letter word.
Cymballistix86

Sep 18, 2006, 2:37 PM
Some people just have no concept of a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" relationship.
ralph_on_me

Sep 18, 2006, 2:41 PM
Screw my back, I've got other things I want rubbed.
Cymballistix86

Sep 18, 2006, 2:45 PM
Don't we all. Like our wallets? Lol Eff that! I feel like an effing genie. Maybe I should have the next cute customer rub me if she wants something specific!
krickt

Sep 18, 2006, 3:19 PM
Well, first of all that phrase implies that I have a back to scratch. On lots of issues no matter how often you scratch my back, I still can't help you.
chainsaw

Sep 18, 2006, 3:24 PM
some people don't realize this. but it is becoming too common place.
raycarroll70

Sep 18, 2006, 11:04 PM
Bad Day
Where is the moment we needed the most
You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost
They tell me your blue skies fade to gray
They tell me your passion's gone away
And I don't need no carryin' on

You stand in the line just to hit a new low
You're faking a smile with the coffee you go
You tell me your life's been way off line
You're falling to pieces every time
And I don't need no carryin' on

Because you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day
You had a bad day

Will you need a ...
(continues)
peanutblue

Sep 19, 2006, 10:00 AM
That's some great original poetry, Ray. I'm impressed.

In other news, has anyone seen that kick ass music video about the guy and girl who draw on an ad to leave messages for each other? It's a sweet video, but I don't remember what song it was for.
raycarroll70

Sep 19, 2006, 11:37 AM
LOL! I didn't compose it. Those are the lyrics to Bad Day by Daniel Powter.
peanutblue

Sep 19, 2006, 11:53 AM
What a coincidence! That's the song with the kick ass video I was trying to think of!

What are the odds? ๐Ÿ‘€
WhoDey

Sep 19, 2006, 1:56 PM
Ugh... you dolt

๐Ÿ˜ข

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.