Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

"In my pockets"

cilvzwagent

Sep 18, 2006, 12:44 PM
Customer -

"You'd think they'd do more for me since they've been in my pockets for the last 6 years"

Excuse me? Who invited who in to charge you that monthly bill? It's not like we just up and decided one day that you were a good candidate to start pick pocketing. You signed a contract for our service. You wanted the free phone. You could have spent $35 more and signed a 1 year and wouldn't be in this boat.

Why do people think that we are robbing them when they are getting exactly what they signed up for?
craptacularwireless

Sep 18, 2006, 12:46 PM
Because we owe him the world. Geez, you think you'd know that by now. 🙄
dad2b

Sep 18, 2006, 1:00 PM
because people dont think. they probably spent most of their lives whining untill they got what they want. then they have to enter the adult world and learn that they dont always get what they want just because it's what they want. idiots.... 👿
craptacularwireless

Sep 18, 2006, 1:08 PM
It's the whole American culture that makes them this way. They spend their lives as kids being rewarded for bad behavior. Instead of parenting, parents just give in to the desires of their rotten progeny.

Everyone gets to play, no matter how much you suck. There are no winners, we all are winners. This is the downfall of our society.
dad2b

Sep 18, 2006, 1:11 PM
i concur. i lost PLENTY when i was a kid. and i NEVER got a trophy for losing. THAT IS WHAT MADE WINNING WORTH TRYING FOR. geesh..
raycarroll70

Sep 18, 2006, 1:14 PM
It doesn't matter if you win or lose. It's how ethically and professionally the game is played and whether or not everyone actived in unison as a team.
craptacularwireless

Sep 18, 2006, 1:19 PM
That's kind of hard when Tiny Tim weighs 200lbs at the age of eleven and is winded after only five minutes of play. The rest of the team has to suffer because the little fat ass's parents don't take responsibility for the kid's eating habits.
dad2b

Sep 18, 2006, 1:22 PM
here here!!!!! 🤣
krickt

Sep 18, 2006, 1:27 PM
You know, I always wonder about that kid. I have two kids, one 12 and one 9, and they eat like it's going out of style and they are both stick children. They watch as much tv as the next kid, but they also ride their bikes to school, church and other places they need to get (we only live 1/2 a block from the middle school and 1 block from the elementary, but the elementary is 6 blocks from our store, so that's a good little distance.) Both are active in sports and do well in them. Some of their friends do the same activities that they do, but they are huge! I wonder how they can walk their bellies are so big! I always wondered how a kid could bike around town all day, and do sports and still be that big! I'm just amazed. Are their par...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Sep 18, 2006, 1:32 PM
You bet they are. It's much easier for mommy and daddy to take them to McDonald's than to be bothered with cooking a healthy meal. You know, because parenting is such a hassle!
krickt

Sep 18, 2006, 1:36 PM
Well, we don't do McDonalds much any more, or any other fast food. (Carl's JR every once in a while, they have a low carb burger wrap that I can eat) Maybe that's it. Or maybe my kids are just more active, or maybe they just have a great metabolism while they are children. I know I did until I turned 25. I don't understand how you can overfeed a child like that!
craptacularwireless

Sep 18, 2006, 1:47 PM
To keep them quite. If you shovel food down their pie holes they won't be able to talk much.

"Mommy, mommy look!"
"Timmy, can't you see mommy's busy."
"But mom!"
"Here, have a cookie."
"Can I have three?"
"Yes, here, take them all, just go watch TV and let mommy finish talking on the phone to a person whom I talk to ever day and don't really talk about anything important with."
peanutblue

Sep 18, 2006, 2:28 PM
It's because we sell an intangible product, I think. You go to Target and buy a vacuum cleaner, and you have a vacuum cleaner. A cell phone company takes money from you each month but you have nothing physical to show for it, so you feel like your $60 bill is pure profit. That's why folks don't understand the subsidised pricing and why their 9.99 line isn't up for an upgrade for the next eighteen months.

That's my theory, anyway.
craptacularwireless

Sep 18, 2006, 2:32 PM
It's a good theory, but it's mostly because people are ignorant fools.
alejandro

Sep 18, 2006, 2:37 PM
like a plane ticket, its sometimes half the cost of a vacation but really didnt add anything to it, it was just the means to get there but cost so freaking much.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.