Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 31 replies

ewww...your phone has been where?!

angl8798

Sep 16, 2006, 11:26 AM
i work for a cingular wireless agent. anyone ever had this scenerio?

me: hi there, how can i help you?

custy: yeah, my phone quit working. (hands me the phone)

me: ok, did this just happen recently or....?

custy: it was working fine, then this morning i dropped it in the toilet and it quit. i've tried drying it out but i still can't get it to turn on.

Dear Lord. Why do customers insist on handing you their phone and THEN they tell you that the phone has recently been in their toilet??? EWWW!!! Why do they do this? Any ideas or has anyone else had this happen?
peanutblue

Sep 16, 2006, 11:29 AM
Yep, this has happened to me twice. That's why I try to ask if it's been wet before I take the phone, but I often forget. But that's why God invented Purel instant hand sanitizer.
TIERRA226

Sep 16, 2006, 11:32 AM
I always have hand sanitizer. I had pink eye 3 months ago because of all the phone handling I do. I learned my lesson.
ralph_on_me

Sep 16, 2006, 11:36 AM
I don't touch my eyes.
granteezie

Sep 16, 2006, 11:38 AM
she probably rubbed the phones on her eyeballs.
TIERRA226

Sep 16, 2006, 11:40 AM
When I got pink eye, I had just switched from glasses to contacts. I was still adjusting to wearing them so of course I was rubbing my eyes frequently.
ralph_on_me

Sep 16, 2006, 11:42 AM
Ugh, I can't even wear contacts. Thinking about it makes me cry.

I get onto my employee all the time for rubbing his eyes. He's got big dark circles under them from it.
TIERRA226

Sep 16, 2006, 11:46 AM
I've stopped rubbing them now. But my eyes were having a hard them adjusting to the contacts. My left eyes was rejecting it. I had to stop wearing contacts for a month and restart but now I'm not having any problems.
shleeban

Sep 18, 2006, 2:43 PM
i wear the ones u can sleep in... they are made of silicon and very comfortable and small... i have small eyes so its great
nodeposit

Sep 16, 2006, 11:29 AM
And why do they think we can fix it once it's been wet?
TIERRA226

Sep 16, 2006, 11:38 AM
All my customers come in complaining that their phones washed away at the beach or they had their phones in their pocket while they were swimming, etc. Dumb mess!
raycarroll70

Sep 16, 2006, 11:34 AM
I had a construction worker once come in with his Motorola i530 complaining his speaker stopped working after he fished it out of a septic tank he was working on at the time.
angl8798

Sep 16, 2006, 11:35 AM
you are kidding. wow, that one tops the list!
lilhntr

Sep 16, 2006, 5:16 PM
cow pie
krickt

Sep 18, 2006, 11:54 AM
Well, not as gross as cow pie, but close. We had a customer that had dropped their phone in the pig pen, the sow picked it up, and started chewing and swallowing it. The farmer stuck his hand down the pig's mouth and got it out. And of course he didn't tell us any of that before he handed us the phone.

We have also had people drop them in spit cups, but most of the time they either tell us about that ahead of time or we can see the damage from here and won't take it.
craptacularwireless

Sep 18, 2006, 12:59 PM
Spit cups? Nasty.
krickt

Sep 18, 2006, 1:18 PM
Welcome to Redneck Central!
craptacularwireless

Sep 18, 2006, 1:20 PM
🤣
alejandro

Sep 16, 2006, 6:13 PM
"It fell in the toilet but never got wet! it landed on the log so i dont see why i should have to pay for a replacement!"
BennyBoy940

Sep 17, 2006, 5:45 PM
nasty!
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 17, 2006, 5:52 PM
Oh lord, you're back to torment the forum?
raycarroll70

Sep 17, 2006, 7:45 PM
Some hemorrhoids no matter how much Preparation H you use just won't go away. They have to be cauterized off. LOL!
phoneguy45

Sep 16, 2006, 6:36 PM
we keep a jumbo size bottle of hand sanitizer for just that senario. but what i hate is when they come into pay their bill and hand you all the sweaty 20 dollar bills they have... friggin gross. But the one that takes the cake is the other day i had an gentleman probably in his 50s come in with his kids to pay his bill and the whole time he was standing in front of me... he was farting uncontrolably and then the next thing i notice the guy just started wetting his pants...in the store in front of us all... ummmm now thats gross...
alejandro

Sep 16, 2006, 6:49 PM
oh come on, i do that all the time you dont have to be such a jerk about it.
phoneguy45

Sep 16, 2006, 6:55 PM
it was so gross....and he was even wearing khakis which made it that much more noticeable.....and he reeked of whiskey
alejandro

Sep 16, 2006, 6:57 PM
it was dollar shots night dont judge me!
Crapbag

Sep 16, 2006, 9:48 PM
I had one the other day that came in handed me his phone with "issues." I take the phone and as i'm lookin at it i notice a huge gaping sore on the side of his face. I deduce no issue with the phone but cust recieves call as i'm looking at it. He procedes to put it up to his nasty festering hole on his face and talk to his daughter. I don't take the phone back from him but being old he has an onslaught of rediculously stupid questions. All i can think is I NEED TO WASH MY F*ING HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
phoneguy45

Sep 17, 2006, 4:51 PM
jumbo bottles of hand sanitizer... the best investmet you could make.. we have them posted up at each till and back in the backroom...
chainsaw

Sep 18, 2006, 2:50 PM
I think I had one of these today. He just said it got wet. It was sticky and smelled like pee. Why don't old people wear diapers like they are supposed to!
craptacularwireless

Sep 18, 2006, 3:40 PM
Why would they do something practical like that? What next? You want them to give up their licenses when their reflexes slow down to a crawl? How dare you!
chainsaw

Sep 18, 2006, 3:08 PM
This is a good one, but kinda long.

About 2 years ago I was working on a sunday by myself and it was super slow as usual. I was helping a customer at one end of the counter. At the same time a customer came up to the other side and knocked some stuff over. I told him not to worry I would pick it up. Here's how the rest goes after I'm done helping the first customer.

Me: How can I help you sir

him: Well I think I need to get a cell phone.

As soon as he starts talking I can tell there is something weird with him. He is slurring his words and kinda swaying back and forth.

Him: What do you guys offer and stuff?

Me: Well here is a popular plan and the phone is free.

Him: Umm..well that sounds good what do I need to do to get ...
(continues)
dad2b

Sep 18, 2006, 3:51 PM
we had a lady come in because her daughters phone wasnt working. her EIGHT YEAR OLD DAUGHTER!!! the sales rep told her it was liquid damaged and she'd have to use the insurance. how could he know this you might ask. because it smelled like rotten milk. he could smell it before she got to his counter. we even showed her the inside of the phone. she STILL didnt believe us. arghhh!!!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.