Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Old-Butt Phones

peanutblue

Sep 14, 2006, 1:48 PM
One of my stores has some old school phones. I'm talking like Motorola Zack Morris phones, Star-Techs, that kind of stuff. There's probably eighty to a hundred of these things. There's nothing we could possibly do with them. But I hate that they're taking up space.

Any suggestions?
krickt

Sep 14, 2006, 1:49 PM
When the local HS/ Women's shelter/ Girl Scouts is doing a cell phone donation drive, dump them on them. They love that old technology.
tmbold

Sep 14, 2006, 1:53 PM
we donate our old phones to the Louisianna state troopers. they use them for training. they blow them up! i think its cool!! 😁
craptacularwireless

Sep 14, 2006, 2:09 PM
I thought you were gonna say they use them as projectiles to stop unruly people.
cilvzwagent

Sep 14, 2006, 2:10 PM
Like that "anti-theft" feature shown on the sprint commercials?!?! I love that commercial where he throws the phone at the guys head! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
craptacularwireless

Sep 14, 2006, 2:12 PM
That commercial was hilarious. I like their new one where one cowboy slaps the other silly and draws the gun on him before the other guy can blink. They have great adds... their service? Eh.😁
cilvzwagent

Sep 14, 2006, 2:15 PM
It's like the guys who drive the big expensive shiny cars....they are making up for "other things" sprint has slap happy commercials to make up for their not so happy service. Speaking of commercials...what's with the new Cingy adds, that chick keeps bowing. Cingular trying to form a cult?
craptacularwireless

Sep 14, 2006, 2:23 PM
🤣 I don't think I've seen that one. I do like their Go Phone add with the mom and the little girl. I must say that it's pretty clever.
charliegirl

Sep 14, 2006, 1:55 PM
ebay!! People will buy them up
rwilliams

Sep 14, 2006, 1:56 PM
2 options come to mind:

a.) part them out and charge customers for parts and service to fix them.

b.) www.cashmyusedphone.com
theycallmeanerd78

Sep 14, 2006, 2:15 PM
I'll take em!
I love gettin old junk and finding something to do with them. A Zack Morris Phone that would be sweet. I'd finally complete my halloween costume. 😁
cilvzwagent

Sep 14, 2006, 2:16 PM
I once met Skreech! He attended the college my sister went to for a semester.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.