Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 37 replies

Maybe we're not right for you!

peanutblue

Sep 14, 2006, 11:07 AM
So the other day this guy comes in to upgrade his phone and immediately says we have a horrible selection, we're overpriced, he doesn't want to sign a new contract. You know the drill. He threatens to go to a competitor, so I tell him he won't get the same service elsewhere.

So now he says, "Oh, no, I get crappy reception from you guys but my work phone is with another carrier and it gets great reception. And their service is cheaper and they have more options..." and on and on.

Uh, I hate to lose a sale, but if you're going to bad mouth the company, the service, and the phones in front of my other customers, and I clearly can't convince you otherwise, maybe you should go to that other carrier.

He's been back every day since then...
(continues)
raycarroll70

Sep 14, 2006, 11:09 AM
Get ready to rumble and lay a major smack down on him.
ralph_on_me

Sep 14, 2006, 11:10 AM
mmm, rumble roses xx
ralph_on_me

Sep 14, 2006, 11:10 AM
Tell him straight out, "If you hate everything we offer, why do you want service with us? Are you saying these spiteful things to try and get me to give you a better deal? Prices are the same for everyone, regardless of how much they complain."

Then see what response that brings you.
craptacularwireless

Sep 14, 2006, 12:44 PM
That's exactly what he's trying to do, get you to give him a better price. As if all that complaining is going to magically change the calling plans and coverage. What an ass.
theycallmeanerd78

Sep 14, 2006, 11:15 AM
You could always just spit on him. 😈
Tell him listen, I'm willing to help you the best that I can but if you are just going to sit here and bad mouth my company and or store, go do it outside. Or cancle your service if you are that unhappy.
TIERRA226

Sep 14, 2006, 12:07 PM
Those are the customers I hate. The ones who don't like your selection of phones/service but come back weekly, monthly just to ask more and more questions. I can having to decide the carrier but how times can I answer the same questions.
craptacularwireless

Sep 14, 2006, 12:45 PM
That's how it was when I worked for Wireless Advocates, too. They would look at the four phones for each carrier and ask, "Is that all you guys have to choose from?" Did they expect me to tell them that no, we have more hidden somewhere. That got so old.
TIERRA226

Sep 14, 2006, 12:49 PM
😲 Who told you I worked at Wireless Advocates! 😉
craptacularwireless

Sep 14, 2006, 12:56 PM
🤣

How often do you get that question, though? It's so tiring. Or hearing this, "What? You guys sell T-Mobile and Sprint and you guys are Verizon? Did you guys merge?" Retards.
TIERRA226

Sep 14, 2006, 1:04 PM
Customer: I want to upgrade my phone.

Me: What company are you with?

Customer: Y'all.

Me: We have Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile.

Customer: (Looks up at sign) Oh, So you do all three?

Me: Yes

Customer: Are you the one that do Verizon?

Me: (thinking to myself, no I just Sprint)Yes

That happens at least 3 times a day.
craptacularwireless

Sep 14, 2006, 1:12 PM
🤣 I don't miss that at all! Over 90% percent of our activations and upgrades were for Verizon. Verizon is the most commonly used carrier here. Now I work at a store that only sells Verizon, so I don't have to deal with the chuckleheads who ask what other carriers we sell, even though we still get them from time to time.
peanutblue

Sep 14, 2006, 1:10 PM
Yeah, we're exclusively Cingular, and we have ten or twelve phones at any given time, but I get folks frequently saying "You don't have much of a selection."

What do you want? A phone that wipes your ass for you?
cilvzwagent

Sep 14, 2006, 1:10 PM
They want a phone that will wipe their ass via bluetooth!!!!!!!!!
peanutblue

Sep 14, 2006, 1:11 PM
Maybe they'll add that in Bluetooth 3.0...
cilvzwagent

And if they do, "Verizon will cripple it", and everyone will still be pissed off, so what's the point?
craptacularwireless

Sep 14, 2006, 1:14 PM
🤣

I get that phone selection thing all the time. We have over fifteen models to choose from, yet they still ask if that's all we have. Are you kidding me? How many more phones do you want to choose from? And the thing that bothers me the most about it is that they can never decide what they want, anyway. Why want more when you can't even decide? If there were only three to choose from, they'd still have a hard time choosing. Asses.
ralph_on_me

Man... I've got 15 phones, 4 PDAs, 2 laptop cards, and a smart phone and I still hear people say I don't have much of a selection.

Then five minutes later they can't decide which one they like. If it wasn't for our 30 trial period I wouldn't sell sh!t.
cilvzwagent

Sep 14, 2006, 1:16 PM
I currently have 22 phones, 2 kinds of blackberries, 3 different choices for Treo, the Q, and i730, i830, and XV6700 for pda's, 3 other phones on our PTT......get the point? And I actually hear the same thing. "Wow, that corporate store had more phones" Um.......we got the same thing they do......
ralph_on_me

Sep 14, 2006, 1:17 PM
Was your point that many customers annoy the pee out of us?
cilvzwagent

Sep 14, 2006, 1:18 PM
.....and 4 PC cards.....
cilvzwagent

Sep 14, 2006, 1:20 PM
My point is that it is so irritating. I one day seriously looked back at a guy who said we didn't have much of a selection and said "are you kidding me?" Apparantly this guy came into us expecting us to have the Great Wall O' Cell Phones. One other time I actually had a customer who wanted me to "Special Order" him a samsung a850 with the vcast, media player, etc.... he liked all the optional features, just only liked the looks of the Sam 850......what a dork
craptacularwireless

Sep 14, 2006, 1:32 PM
I hate when they say that the corporate store has more of a selection, I tell them that they have the same selection as we do, give or take 1 or 2. The only reason it seems like they have a lot more is because they have duplicates throughout the store. Of course asking them to be observant would be asking too much of them.
peanutblue

Sep 14, 2006, 1:40 PM
And then, of course, thanks to the RAZR, people will look at any phone and ask "Is that the only color you have?"

Yes. The RAZR and SLVR are the only phones we have that come in multiple colors. And if you ask me that's just spoiling customers.
krickt

Sep 14, 2006, 2:23 PM
Amen, I hate trying to figure out which color will sell. We are supposed to get the krzr and razr m in colors in the winter. I'm not looking forward to that in the least.
krickt

Sep 14, 2006, 1:47 PM
I had a customer complain that the RadioShack at the mall had about 25 phones, and we only had 15, not counting ptt, talk tracker and blackberry(man did I really have almost 20 phones out, geez). I explained that RadioShack Corporate offers both Sprint and Cingular, they offer up to 4 other prepaid plans. If they only had 25 phones out they didn't have much more than half of the phones available for any one carrier. I on the other hand had all the phones available on display for USCC. They huffed and then pulled out their cingy phone and asked where we kept our sim cards. I love people.
krickt

Sep 14, 2006, 1:13 PM
At one time we had 15 phones on display. I almost slapped a customer who said we didn't have much of a choice on phones. Even Verizon, who has an incredible number of phones at any given time and Sprint, don't display that many in their dealer stores. Granted we didn't have any free phones, but thats not the same thing as having no selection. Geez people. And yes, given the condition of the phones these people bring into my stores, they do indeed want to have a phone that wipes their ass.
newfette

Sep 14, 2006, 12:29 PM
kick him in the junk

KICK HIM IN THE JUNK!!!!
charliegirl

Sep 14, 2006, 1:48 PM
Kick him with a Jive Turkey and make him spill his chowder!!!!

🤣 I'm sorry I just had to do it
craptacularwireless

Sep 14, 2006, 2:10 PM
🤣
deeterman

Sep 14, 2006, 12:37 PM
get your letter opener and slice his throat open
rwilliams

Sep 14, 2006, 12:55 PM
idk. try banning him from the store? you can't be sayin that kind of sh** in front of other customers..
cilvzwagent

Sep 14, 2006, 1:05 PM
I once had to yell at a customer to get him to leave. When I told him to leave and never come back.....I saw in the paper 2 weeks later he died. 😳 I didn't mean it in that sense!
TIERRA226

Sep 14, 2006, 1:08 PM
😲 Say it ain't so. I would have felt like s____.
MrAbstracto

Sep 14, 2006, 1:13 PM
😈 ooohhh... I've got an ex-wife I'm getting tired of dealing with....
charliegirl

Sep 14, 2006, 1:47 PM
I had a really great store manager once and he said that you CAN'T meet everyone's needs and sometimes you just have to say that flat out. "I'm sorry I would love to help you out but unfortunately what you are looking for is not something we have" then smile and turn away.
krickt

Sep 14, 2006, 1:48 PM
That's a variation (probably the first one you should use) of the If I can't make you happy, can I make you gone line I love to use. I love that line!
charliegirl

Sep 14, 2006, 1:50 PM
🤣
I like that one!!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.