Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Oh! I need money?

dirrty_d

Sep 9, 2006, 3:59 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ
I just had a customer come in and he was activating service. I told him that he would just have to pay for the phone today and everything else would be billed, he chooses some cheap $30 phone. After Im done activating and makin a reciept I give him his total and he says," Oh, I need money for it"
I wanted to say, "No, you idiot I told you, it was $30 and that was the only thing you needed to pay for today just for fun"
But I said" yes" with a pretty weird look on my face.
he took off and came back like twenty minutes later with some money.
peanutblue

Sep 9, 2006, 4:12 PM
At my store we can only take cash for prepaid phones, prepaid activation fees, and prepaid cards. I always tell the customer twice: once while explaining prepaid service and once as I'm recapping everything just before I make the sale. And yet after I activate everything one out of three customers will say "I can pay with my debit card, right?"

๐Ÿคจ
dirrty_d

Sep 9, 2006, 4:16 PM
hahah I know, are payments are cash only and deposits too unless we can do it on the comp. if we have to call it in deposits have to be in cash...I make sure to tell them cash only but the still bust out some plastic... or my fav we don accept checks, our door has it clearly posted...and customers throw some of the most amazing fits b/c of that,
"what, you dont accept checks, what kind of business are you"
or "what, i didnt know that? where does it say that"
"umm..the door!"
krickt

Sep 9, 2006, 4:26 PM
We take cash or credit cards for prepay and deposits, but no checks for them. I tell everyone that would apply to before I ever touch the computer. We still get people who try to write a check after they have said okay to my no check speech.
spidermon

Sep 9, 2006, 5:59 PM
I hate when people come into the store demanding everything and then they didnt bring money with them imagine going to a walmart with no money see how far that gets you. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Thales

Jan 26, 2009, 5:38 PM
We've got a big sign that says cash only for prepaid minutes at the door and register, we still get 3-4 people trying to pay with CC and checks. "I need $10 in minutes, you take a check right?"

NOPE. "That's against the law." ... "Call the cops then."

-fin
Thales
KingTiger

Jan 27, 2009, 2:39 PM
Someone seriously said that not accepting checks is against the law? That's ridiculous.

When I worked at Alltel I got lots of people freaking out about how we don't accept checks... "What kind of business doesn't accept checks?!" Actually, lots of them...
jeffatt

Jan 26, 2009, 5:55 PM
lol! That's about as bad as some of our customers. We can only take cash for prepaid minute cards...lot of times when a custy busts out plastic for prepaid minutes, I'll say "we only accept cash for the minute cards" and it's the same reply every time almost without fail: "ok, I'll write a check then!"

Seriously people. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
kapwww

Jan 26, 2009, 8:19 PM
Why are you pulling out posts from 2006???? Look at the date already. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
repoman

Jan 27, 2009, 10:45 AM
Really, though...what difference does it make what date the original post was from. No matter what people do someone is going to complain. If they started a new thread someone would've been like "Seriously!? We already have a thread for this, please stick to the appropriate thread! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ "

Ignore the dates, I say.
cellboothmgr

Jan 27, 2009, 11:58 AM
i agree, its annoying to read some threads over and over....sooooo...i dont read them, imagine that. go sell some phones

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.