Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Mail In Rebate (kinda long)

cilvzwagent

Sep 9, 2006, 11:39 AM
Lady bought a phone from us the middle of June this year. She came in a couple days ago because she hadn't received anything back regarding that rebate. I called into our rebate fulfillment department. After waiting on hold for 30 minutes, the customer left and gave me her phone number to reach her at to let her know what I found out. They arent' showing any record of any rebate request being submitted by this lady. However, they said that if she had photo-copies of her paperwork, they would expedite her request as quickly as possible, once it was received. She calls me back today, because it's my fault she didn't keep copies of her mail in rebate information, because no one told her, and it didn't say anywhere to make photocopies. She...
(continues)
itt

Sep 9, 2006, 11:44 AM
Customers say amazing things out of anger. But this is why I make copies of what they need to send in, so they don't come back saying something about not getting the copies.
cilvzwagent

Sep 9, 2006, 11:47 AM
I do too! I always make copies of the UPC label for the customer, I sure don't have a copy machine at home. But for whatever reason, the rep who set her up didn't make copies for her, or didn't point out to make the photo copies. To me though, it's just like
C'mon--It says in BIG BLACK BOLD PRINT on the rebate form "Make photocopies of all paperwork being submitted, we are not responsible for items lost or misdirected through the mail or any other delivery company"
itt

Sep 9, 2006, 11:50 AM
haha...you know how customers are. I remember after I made copies for a customer she came back a month later and asked me to send it in for her, I was like what? hahha
ralph_on_me

Sep 9, 2006, 12:02 PM
🤣 I too try and take care of all of that for the customer, but we can't really be their brain. Our rebates (Cingular) also say to make photocopies, and our customers get "screwed" out of rebates too. I worked for the post office for awhile though, so I'm really surprised anything gets where it should.
TIERRA226

Sep 9, 2006, 12:08 PM
Our reps are really good on issuing credits for rebates. Half the time I believe that cutomers aren't even mailing the rebates off. Because of the store I'm in, customers have this sense of entitlement that makes me want to puke. The average income is over 80,000/ year. 🙄

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.