Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

E.T.F

CellAll.org

Aug 27, 2006, 4:05 PM
Heres the situation. I activated a new line of service on my sister in-laws account for her fiance about 3 months ago. So what happens, they break up. So my question to you all is have any of you found a way around the E.T.F. Theres gotta be a way. Because if there isn't I'm gonna be in the dog house because I'm the one who pushed them to get the phone. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
getsome

Aug 27, 2006, 4:23 PM
releasing that information can get someone fired. go dig a hole and poop in it.
robbied

Aug 27, 2006, 4:25 PM
🤭 yeah then cover your tracks 🤭
CellAll.org

Aug 27, 2006, 4:26 PM
unless getsome is your real name im pretty sure you wont get in touble 🙄
getsome

Aug 27, 2006, 4:28 PM
well if your at work and the interweb is monitored then i'm pretty sure they can trace it. plus. it sounds like your in a pickle that you got yourself into. man up and face the consequences
CellAll.org

Aug 27, 2006, 4:45 PM
Um lets see I guess your one of those reps who don't go the extra mile for there customers. I don't want to get anyone fired but if I knew a way and I had computer access at my house i'd tell them then. And as far as manning up its not even like that I'm not only doing this to save my a$$ but also because I feel bad and don't want her to have to pay the 150 E.T.F.
AgentSteffen

Aug 27, 2006, 4:59 PM
You didnt push them into breaking up, so why would it matter?
GodHatesMe

Aug 27, 2006, 5:10 PM
CellAll.org said:
Um lets see I guess your one of those reps who don't go the extra mile for there customers.

It's not that, it's the fact that these are the calls that we have to deal with day in and day out, and the fact is that if you terminate your contract early, you have to pay an ETF. And honestly, what do you think your company would do if you waived the ETF for everyone or showed every customer how to get around it?

I'm not saying I wouldn't help out someone I knew, but saying that he's not helpful because he doesn't want to help your friend get around a contractual obligation at his own risk is an unfair statement.

Lastly, the only two instances I've ever seen an ETF get waived in is when ...
(continues)
getsome

Aug 27, 2006, 10:05 PM
wow. i expected to be ready to put on my flame suit after making those remarks. but it is true. we face these questions everyday. for me to keep my job, i must respect and enforce policy. i'm sick of seeing these people who want "deals" or just complain and moan thinking if they keep moving up the ladder something will be free....

i read in another thread about how managers and up have no backbone and give in to customers. what is the point of learning to manage and oathing to hold up policy? it's sad that this happens
GodHatesMe

Aug 28, 2006, 1:02 AM
getsome said:
wow. i expected to be ready to put on my flame suit after making those remarks.

Why? Did you think I was going to come after you or were you referring to cellall.org? I was just wondering cuz you replied to my post but I didn't think you were talking about me. Just checking cuz i didn't want you to think I had a problem with you or anything
getsome

Aug 28, 2006, 9:29 AM
i was pretty much expecting flames in general. not really from you.
OhSoKorny

Aug 28, 2006, 12:58 AM
Wow.

Someone has an entitlement problem.

YOU are the one who signed a legal and binding contract and now YOU are the one demanding a rep risk his job to help YOU out.

I hope you have to pay it all.
Whitehorse

Aug 27, 2006, 8:59 PM
Should be able to transfer ownership to another person if you can find someone willing to do so. Otherwise, they are responsible for the ETF & should pay.
ralph_on_me

Aug 28, 2006, 10:11 AM
co-signed. Have her ex fiance agree to take responsiblity for the number and put it under his name. If he wont, then oh well.

I just signed an 18 month contract for my satellite service. I got a discount on my monthly bill for the contract, with a pro-rated ETF if I cancel early. It's fair, and if I cancel I'll pay it.
s13driftingTX

Aug 28, 2006, 10:26 AM
We have people ask us this same question every week. Do people get onto car forums and ask how they can cancel a lease on their car?
deeterman

Aug 28, 2006, 10:28 AM
you will get my standard response to "a way around the etf"

you gave your word in a contractual agreement try living up to it or pay the money asshole

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.