Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

Tech Writer

Nikoletta

Aug 23, 2006, 11:04 AM
Apparently my company needs to hire a designated technical writer to do our paperwork and forms... I think it should be me.

They handed out this thing they wanted us to sign about a new procedure they want us to follow which is all well and good but dear lord it looks like something I would have handed in to my freshman (high school not college) English teacher because I slapped it together in ten minutes and I'm just hoping I'll get a C on it.

The grammar and spelling are acceptable, but it's impossible to NOT have at least somewhat acceptable grammar and spelling when you write on Microsoft Word because it corrects for you but the layout is terrible.

It's in 14 point font, in a Sans Serif font type, which looks more casual and les...
(continues)
beyond

Aug 23, 2006, 4:11 PM
Niki, not trying to be a jerk but is there anything you don't complain about? Are you happy with any part of your job? If not why not just quit? I mean honestly if you are so miserable you really need to find another line of work as obviously you are not cut out to be in a position where dealing with the public is neccessary. I would love to just log on here one day and not see you complaining about something!!!!!!! There I feel better now 😁
Nikoletta

Aug 23, 2006, 4:25 PM
I'd sigh really dramatically at you but that doesn't really convey well. "Why not just quit" is, honestly, a stupid question. Do you really think that if I could quit just up and quit I wouldn't have done it years ago? I am moving positions on the 28th because of school but the job market here just sucks.

AAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDD

Since apparently we haven't covered this recently... I come here to vent. That means I come in here to get annoyances and frustrations out of my system so I don't take it out on anybody in particular. Sure there are plenty of intelligent customers but they're not funny, the idiots are funny to post about and the failings and idiocies of my company are also, in a more sardonic way, amusing.....
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Aug 23, 2006, 4:26 PM
and if you do like them, read her blog. 😉
beyond

Aug 23, 2006, 6:39 PM
Ok so since I was trying to be nice and you decided to come back with an attitude how about this, I honestly believe that you are whiny sniveling self centered cry baby who comes on here hoping that somebody will pay attention to her! Well guess what I work in wireless too I deal with the same stupid retarded customers and companies you do so why in the world do I need you to cry about your experience when I have the same stuff! It's obivous by the response to this thread that other people feel the same way I do NOBODY CARES TO LISTEN TO YOU CRY ALL THE TIME!!!!! If you don't like it FIND ANOTHER JOB! I don't care what the job market in your town is I AM SURE MCDONALDS IS HIRING. I mean seriously you cry about everything "Oh my god this cust...
(continues)
GodHatesMe

Aug 23, 2006, 7:13 PM
beyond said:
I deal with the same stupid retarded customers and companies you do so why in the world do I need you to cry about your experience when I have the same stuff!

Then deal with it in your own way and respect her right to deal with it in hers. And I don't recall anyone claiming that you needed them.

beyond said:
quit complaining the world doesn't like crybabies!

Try following your own advice.

beyond said:
Oh yea and in response to your find someplace else to read if I don't like your crybabing how about you find someplace else to post!

That's practically the same argument except her right to post overrides your decision...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Aug 23, 2006, 7:35 PM
Clearly, look at the screaming. I don't mind when people disagree with me... do it in a reasonable, mature fashion and I'll be happy to debate it with you.

Act like a two year old who just had a toy taken away (screaming, yelling, kicking feet) and you do nothing but make yourself look like a tool (well and undermine your own point but acting childish.)
Nikoletta

Aug 23, 2006, 7:20 PM
You weren't "trying to be nice" you started out being a jerk, there's no way that saying "well I don't mean to be a jerk but..." makes it ok. You knew what you were saying was rude and confrontational or you wouldn't have phrased it that way. And Nobody? You can't speak for everybody and I know that not everybody dislikes hearing from me.

Additionally, it's a free country, I can post here as much as I like, it's very easy for you to not click on the thread or post and just pass it by, that's how I handle anything that some posters say because I don't like them and I don't agree with what they have to say. It's an easy solution. Much better than getting riled up and screaming because you don't like what somebody says and because they ...
(continues)
WhoDey

Aug 24, 2006, 10:32 AM
Judging by the overall rude and confrontational nature of your post, you should probably be in here venting just as much if not more than she is.

Anger managment is a wonderful thing.
UOQuack

Aug 23, 2006, 7:21 PM
Butthead: huhuhuhhuhuhuh she pleases herself huhuhuhhuh

Beavis: yeah yeah, she like, pleases herself and stuff yeah

Butthead: shut up Beavis! *whap smack*

Beavis: ow! *rubs jaw* this joke sucks Butthead, turn the channel

*click*
GodHatesMe

Aug 23, 2006, 4:55 PM
beyond said:
Niki, not trying to be a jerk but is there anything you don't complain about?D

You can't really say something like you did and expect the above phrase to smooth everything over. And also, there's plenty of us (including myself) that get on here and use this place as an arena to bi*ch. That's a large part of what it's here for. I personally love reading all these posts because it makes me laugh.
Nikoletta

Aug 23, 2006, 5:01 PM
And it's commiseration, you know that it's not just you which lessens the horribleness of what you have to put up with every day.
granteezie

Aug 23, 2006, 5:09 PM
judging by the amount that you complain about hour job, you need to get laid really, really bad.
Nikoletta

Aug 23, 2006, 5:17 PM
Wow, that was really totally out of line.
granteezie

Aug 23, 2006, 5:28 PM
no it wasn't. all you do on here is complain. none of your stories are even funny.
Nikoletta

Aug 23, 2006, 5:43 PM
Sounds like a personal problem, and yes, it was inappropriate, it's sexual which unless I'm cool with it (which I'm not) it's inappropriate.
WhoDey

Aug 24, 2006, 10:33 AM
yea, but if me or godhatesme said it... its on like neckbone!

hehe
Nikoletta

Aug 23, 2006, 5:18 PM
How exactly does my complaining about my job even vaguely relate to my personal life? I don't see the correlation between my managers are idiots and sex.

And 'hour job?'
granteezie

Aug 23, 2006, 5:28 PM
i meant your job. you got the jist.
spidermon

Aug 23, 2006, 6:52 PM
I happen to like her complaining every day and am really going to miss her when she is gone. (very soon) But I would not have noticed something as mundane as a letter writen in an unproffessional manner really do you actually care stick to your customer complaints they are far more entertaining. That all being said you are married right, I dont think you have any problem getting laid. 😎
Nikoletta

Aug 23, 2006, 7:28 PM
I just think they ought to hire me to be in charge of all their paperwork to make sure it actually looks like a grown up did it... instead of a high school kid, you expect more out of your management.
GodHatesMe

Aug 23, 2006, 7:29 PM
Nikoletta said:
you expect more out of your management.

I don't 🤣
Nikoletta

Aug 23, 2006, 7:31 PM
Sorry, let me turn off my 'naive' switch and we'll be good to go.
WhoDey

Aug 24, 2006, 10:35 AM
You do!?!?
Nikoletta

Aug 24, 2006, 5:12 PM
Kisses Kisses for the Tech Writer, not your fault, the doc just made me crazy... Still love you though.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.