Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 37 replies

help me out guys...I'm tired

sunvzw

Aug 18, 2006, 3:56 PM
so my new opt manager dosnt not know his head from his ass...and i have to put a 500 word essay together today on why people should choose verizon wireless over other carriers....it sucks I have been here 2 years and I really dont care why....but if any of you have anything sarcastic to say it would be good too. 😁
MeatballzNGravy

Aug 18, 2006, 4:00 PM
I just wouldnt do it. I would type on a piece of paper, that essays are for 5th graders, and this is 2006, people are empowered to make there own choices, so all VZW can do is stay competitive and offer the best service and they will come.

the End
Nikoletta

Aug 18, 2006, 4:02 PM
Wait they're giving you an essay as homework form you job? Are we back in High School? The hell is up with that? What happens if you fail, do you have to retake the training class? Please, that's pretty juvenile, I'm thinkin'

Bring him an apple tomorrow... say "well since we're back in grade school can I be the teacher's pet?"
sunvzw

Aug 18, 2006, 4:03 PM
he is an asskisser....i hate this guy with a passion.....and yes i feel like i am in high school again... đŸ˜ŗ
MeatballzNGravy

Aug 18, 2006, 4:05 PM
send niko to give him a lap dance long enough for you to erase the name off of someones paper and put your own
Nikoletta

Aug 18, 2006, 4:08 PM
How about send Niki to kick him upside the head so that he doesn't remember his own name.
MeatballzNGravy

Aug 18, 2006, 4:09 PM
Would you be wearing 4inch heels?? đŸ˜ŗ
Nikoletta

Aug 18, 2006, 5:00 PM
If you bought them, I don't own anything with more than an inch or two of lift. (My ex husband was only an inch taller than me and I didn't like towering over him, he was no fun about that sort of thing.) My aunt says I need to get a leather body suit though... apparently she thinks that would look good on me. Apparently.
craptacularwireless

Aug 18, 2006, 6:50 PM
Like, dominatrix style? Your aunt? đŸ˜ŗ
Nikoletta

Aug 18, 2006, 7:44 PM
She thinks I should. She says since I'm already into pain (the Karate, I love getting new bruises in Karate, from fighting.) that it's fitting. She says she's waiting for me to show up in work in head to toe black leather.
ralph_on_me

Aug 18, 2006, 4:02 PM
You should say that Verizon is the only one with The Network. Compare it with other companies network slogans and then cap it off with, "but it's not The Network. Only Verizon has The Network." Then spin off into more propoganda.

I know you can do it!
Foamy

Aug 18, 2006, 4:29 PM
When I used to work for Best Buy they made everybody do an essay. I don't even remember what it was about. I didn't do it.

I told them that's it's retarded and I graduated high school already. If I wanted to do essays I've be in college.

I got wrote up, but I figured I'd rather spend 2 minutes being talked to and signing some write up form than spending hours of my own time writing an essay.
ralph_on_me

Aug 18, 2006, 4:33 PM
They probably didn't read them either. Do you think your managers wanted to go home and grade papers? 😉
Foamy

Aug 18, 2006, 4:49 PM
Sadly, I know of at least one person who would have.

He has what we called a "Best Buy for life" mentality.
ralph_on_me

Aug 18, 2006, 5:00 PM
If he plans on eventually going into management and then UPPER management, then good for him. If he wants to stay on the floor forever, then... also good for him. Just not my cup o tea.
Foamy

Aug 18, 2006, 5:11 PM
Best Buy will be his life. He's never going anywhere else.

The only problem is, the further he climbs up the ladder, the more he becomes "that manager" that everybody hates.

He tried to write me up once and I laughed at him and pointed out at least 3 occasions where he did exactly what he was writing me up for.
craptacularwireless

Aug 18, 2006, 6:51 PM
Ah, the corporate boot licker.
Nikoletta

Aug 18, 2006, 5:01 PM
You could also write an essay about something totally different, like why writing this stupid essay is a waste of time and why you deserve a raise. At least that would be a constructive use of your time.
ralph_on_me

Aug 18, 2006, 5:02 PM
It would also be a good experiment to see if they really read it.
Nikoletta

Aug 18, 2006, 5:10 PM
That too.
sunvzw

Aug 18, 2006, 7:03 PM
awwwwwwwwww.....thank god the owner of the company just came in here and I showed him all of you fine folks.. comments on the matter....and he told me he just wants this guy to "work" for his money...and that he dosen't give a **** what I do just as long as I hit my quota haha...
I told the owner I feel like I am a target for middle managment hostility and he told me the new oprations manager is.....AWWWW...working in the cellphone industry is so peachy sometimes.
Thanks guys for the comments....some of them made the owner laugh. 😁
Nikoletta

Aug 18, 2006, 7:13 PM
Awe, so no 12 page essay on why T-Mobile totally rules? That makes me sad.

What's really sadder is the fact that about a year ago I had nothing better to do with my time and went home and made a 12 page power point presentation on our pre-paid plans. I had way too much time on my hands.
craptacularwireless

Aug 18, 2006, 7:18 PM
đŸ˜ŗ Maybe you should have taken classes in a different martial art to take away some of that free time.
Nikoletta

Aug 18, 2006, 7:35 PM
That was pre-Karate.
craptacularwireless

Aug 18, 2006, 7:41 PM
Ah, I see. Was it the cause for taking Karate?
Nikoletta

Aug 18, 2006, 7:45 PM
No. The Violent Convicted Rapist who moved in next door and his girlfriend called the cops on him twice for beating on her... that was the cause for the Karate.
sunvzw

Aug 18, 2006, 7:24 PM
you know seriously....my store sucks I cant help it...we are in so cal and the owner is korean...I am white.. I am the only one in this store and our signs and advertising go out in korean....so I just sit here all day and dwell about going home at 7:00 although I did sell 1 phone today...at leat I am not on commission anymore....but after two years here I do seriously miss the english speaking population đŸ˜ĸ

The rest of our stores are staffed by koreans...so they have lots of stuff to be doing....like asking me how to do esn changes đŸ˜ŗ
craptacularwireless

Aug 18, 2006, 7:26 PM
Did they stop paying you commission cuz your checks were so small due to a lack of costumers who speak English?

On a side note, whereabouts in So Cal?
sunvzw

Aug 18, 2006, 7:29 PM
No I started here on salary....I like knowing my pay checks are the same each month...but I did get paid more when I wored at at&t on commission.....but it sucks when you go a few days with no sales so I kind of like the security here......its Brea ca
craptacularwireless

Aug 18, 2006, 7:32 PM
Ah, I've never stopped there, just driven through it. I live on the Central Coast of Cali, so I'm about 180 miles north of you, give or take 20-50 miles.
sunvzw

Aug 18, 2006, 7:33 PM
😁 hows things at your store today?
craptacularwireless

Aug 18, 2006, 7:36 PM
Slow as frick. I at least sold a phone today. My paycheck is going to be pretty pathetic, though. I've been relocated to this new store in a smaller town. We haven't even announced our grand opening, so most residents don't even know we're here. We've yet to get our permanent sign and only have a Verizon Wireless Authorized Agent banner on our building. I hope this store does well, I live only three minutes away. It's saved me so much money in gas. I haven't had to refill my tank in two weeks. Working at the other store was causing me to refill every week.
sunvzw

Aug 18, 2006, 7:41 PM
I know what you mean how much is gas out there? Here it is 3.47 a gallon $70 a week for me I live 30 miles away from my store ☚ī¸
krickt

Aug 18, 2006, 5:28 PM
I'm sure that if you asked nicely we could probably write a paragraph or two. A good cut and paste could probably get you the best paper of the class.
Nikoletta

Aug 18, 2006, 5:42 PM
We'll each write a paragraph about a different provider! Copy and past that all together and then write a couple paragraphs about Verizon and mix it up so you have something like this...

Verizon

Verizon

Sprint

Verizon

Cingular

Verizon

T-Mobile

Nextel

Verizon

Altell

Verizon

Cricket

Boost

Verizon

Tracfone

Verizon

And then hand that in. And you can make it REALLY long, if you do in that order and do a paragraph about EACH one you'll have like a three page essay. Use a funny font too so it's just slightly difficult to read. The Verizon paragraphs don't all have to cover different things though they can, you can use the same paragraph a couple times.

Now THAT would be funny.
ralph_on_me

Aug 18, 2006, 5:52 PM
I promise to rip my paragraph off either a calling plan brochure or a company website.
Nikoletta

Aug 18, 2006, 5:56 PM
You can't tell me that isn't like a diabolical genius idea!
RSPart-timer

Aug 19, 2006, 7:47 AM
...or just modify the Essay from "The Breakfast Club":

"Dear Mr. Vernon,

We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us. In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions.
But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain and an athlete and a basket case, a princess and a criminal.
Does that answer your question?

Sincerely yours,
The Breakfast Club"

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.