Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

I know what I'm talking about

Nikoletta

Aug 17, 2006, 7:56 PM
I really despise people who don't know what they're talking about and then get snotty with me about it.

Example.

The Sidekick three has NEVER been less than 299.99. It's retail is 349.99, you get a fifty dollar instant on it. That's IT. The prepaid is 399.99, so you save a hundred dollars having it prepaid.

This gal argued with me rather aggressively that at the beginning of July it had been 249.99. First... it launched the 11th of July, so mid july, it wasn't OUT the beginning of July, that was the Sidekick 2, not the 3. And yes, the 2 was for a while 249.99... the three never was.

I've worked here for two years, I know my stuff. Also, I'm not an idiot. I can't say the same for most of my callers. I said "No, ma'am, the ...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Aug 17, 2006, 7:59 PM
Why would you know anything about it? I mean you only sell the things right? I mean, I can go up to an rocket engineer and tell him where he's all wrong. Why would he know more than me? 🙄
Nikoletta

Aug 17, 2006, 8:08 PM
People think because they're the customer that I am automatically an idiot. I have to humor then and pretend they're smart or I get fired and loose money. It doesn't make them right, it just makes me self-preserving.

They're still idiots.
captainplooky

Aug 17, 2006, 9:37 PM
Amazing how equally applicable to representatives your statements are.
everman

Aug 18, 2006, 12:19 AM
And I was hoping you were gone for good too. I guess its true what they say about ****roaches.
MeatballzNGravy

Aug 18, 2006, 10:09 AM
Not to be argumentative........BUT, wasnt the SK3 like $249. if you ordered it off that pre-order site through TMobile site set up for existing customers.?? I thiink it lasted for like 2 or 3 days, then it came out officailly in the store and was 299. I could be wrong though.
Nikoletta

Aug 18, 2006, 12:00 PM
Not for new activations it was never 249.99. Why would we mark it down more, we have been having difficulty keeping it in stock even at the 299.99 price. It was the Sidekick 2 that was 249.99 at the start of July and then when the 3 came out we dropped that down to first 199.99 then 149.99 so we could sell it out in favor of the 3.
ralph_on_me

Aug 18, 2006, 10:09 AM
So...
I think I'm right. (check)
I think the customer is an idiot. (frequently)
The customer has to pretend I'm not an idiot and treat me nicely or they'll lose their job. (negatory)
The customer is allowed to make their child pee in a cup and then throw it on the showroom floor. (proof positive)

Yeah, so that was only somewhat applicable. Nothing equal about it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.